Greetings and Stuff

thevoiceitself

Hello. I commonly go by thevoiceitself. I'm a reviewer of Japanese media publicly, although in reality I'm a linguist and geek with a passion for Japan. I stumbled across Fuwanovel entirely by accident, and I'm glad I did. Since the site has given me the gift of game, a gift that will last for quite a while. I figured I could join the forums and show my appreciation by giving back.

If you can make use of any of my skills on any project, just shoot me a message. I have native English proficiency and college education with teaching English, so I make a good proofreader, editor, etc. I have fluent German and early-intermediate Japanese, the latter of which I'm still in the process of learning and improving. I think that about does it for languages. In terms of tech, I'm good with HTML/JavaScript, Java, and pretty much any scripting language or anything related to object oriented programming (OOP). I catch on fast so learning a new one wouldn't take long. I've dabbled in C/C++/VisualBasic/etc.

So yeah... hoping I can give back in some way.

Hey welcome~ glad to see another comrade joining our cause ^^

If you're really interested in helping out, be it translation projects or writing blog content, there are related forum threads scattered around the whole site which you could consider..

If Aaeru was back she would have some more recommendations for fuwanovel that might have you interested.. Wonder when she went... :/

On an unrelated note, the tradition: Any first VNs you've played and what's next on your list? :D

And also, enjoy your stay here~ :)

I'll browse around and look at the various projects. I'm sure I can find one to help out on. ^_^

Haha, I like the tradition. First? Hmm... that is a good question. Not sure what the first one I played was (or I can't seem to remember the name). The first VN that really got my attention was Snow Sakura. I still love that one. A nice blend of story, humor, and good art.

Presently I'm going through Katawa Shoujo, which I'm loving every minute of. Second path through with a cumulative game time of 12 hours or so. After I finish I'm looking at Aile's VN Friends or possibly Utawarerumono (I always enjoyed the anime for that one).

I hope this post makes sense. Took a while to do on my phone's web browser. ^_^

Welcome to Fuwanovel~

If you can make use of any of my skills on any project, just shoot me a message. I have native English proficiency and college education with teaching English, so I make a good proofreader, editor, etc. I have fluent German and early-intermediate Japanese, the latter of which I'm still in the process of learning and improving. I think that about does it for languages. In terms of tech, I'm good with HTML/JavaScript, Java, and pretty much any scripting language or anything related to object oriented programming (OOP). I catch on fast so learning a new one wouldn't take long. I've dabbled in C/C++/VisualBasic/etc.

So yeah... hoping I can give back in some way.

Amazing!! ( look at all the skills I don't have T.T )

Really glad to have you here. I wanted to contribute but I really can't do anything. Feeling useless~

Anyways, welcome again! :lol:

Wow... we're lucky to have you! Welcome!

Katawa Shoujo is one of my all-time, top-three favorites. It's a great game. Which route was your first? Which are you currently enjoying?

I somehow ended up down Shizune's route first. But now I'm headed straight for Lilly, who I wanted to go after in the first place! I'm really caught up in her story at the moment. Overall, it's an amazing game... I have a hard time putting it down once I start playing, but I also have a hard time sitting down and playing it since I know I won't do anything else for the next several hours.

Thank you all for the warm welcoming. I like it here. ^_^

Yes! Good! Lilly! She was my first route, and the experience was a life changer. Oh.... man. That's such a great game. I'm playing it right now on my android Tablet, and lovin' having such a heartwarming story at my fingertips.

I haven't finished shizune's route yet. How would you rate it? I'd imagine it's a very different experience from Lilly's route.

Welcome to Fuwanovel~

Amazing!! ( look at all the skills I don't have T.T )

Really glad to have you here. I wanted to contribute but I really can't do anything. Feeling useless~

Anyways, welcome again! :lol:

There's no need to worry about being useful or not... we're one big family here :D

And the best way you can give back to fuwanovel is by helping to spread the word and the joys of VNs and more (see fuwanovel's slogan)

Also help and make the newcomers feel welcome to our community, so they will also decide to give back and spread the word..

Or, you could just stay as awesome on the forums as you are now! :)

Yes! Good! Lilly! She was my first route, and the experience was a life changer. Oh.... man. That's such a great game. I'm playing it right now on my android Tablet, and lovin' having such a heartwarming story at my fingertips.

I haven't finished shizune's route yet. How would you rate it? I'd imagine it's a very different experience from Lilly's route.

Shizune's route was actually rather melancholy. It didn't feel as definite as it could have been. It was good, mind you, but I feel like it could have had a little more to it. It's not bad in any way but it could have progressed just a little further. For my first route, not bad! It has a good story... but I'm looking forward to the other characters' routes.

I haven't spoiled the particulars of Lilly's route but every reaction I've seen so far has indicated it's a powerful story. I have some time this weekend between work and holiday festivities so I hope to get to more of it then! Everybody needs a little Katawa Shoujo in their day. ^_^

And the best way you can give back to fuwanovel is by helping to spread the word and the joys of VNs and more (see fuwanovel's slogan)

Oh yes. I'm doing that. I have several friends who would be floored by what is available on the site. ^_^

Hello and welcome!

Nice to see someone with your skills here, there is now problem with the blog so maybe if you ask Tay or when Aaeru is back, there might be something you can do there smile.gif

I always wanted to learn javascript but never got to it sad.gif

Also every time I read someone mention Katawa Shoujo, I think so much about playing it xD I never got to it as I got scared by the "disabled girls" aspect but it seems I am really missing on this one xD

Well I didn't read almost anything about it as I don't want spoilers so my imagination might be wrong xD I think I should give it a try in the near future smile.gif

Also every time I read someone mention Katawa Shoujo, I think so much about playing it xD I never got to it as I got scared by the "disabled girls" aspect but it seems I am really mission on this one xD

Well I didn't read almost anything about it as I don't want spoilers so my imagination might be wrong xD I think I should give it a try in the near future smile.gif

(Sorry to reply to this on you intro thread... but KS evangelists, unite!) Steve... Steve... Steve...

Up 'till now you thought Fuwanovel was a nice, warm, welcoming place. You're dead wrong. Go play Katawa Shoujo right now or we'll no longer be friends. It'll freakin' change your life.

That is all.

(Just kidding, just kidding) (kind of) (maybe)

(Sorry to reply to this on you intro thread... but KS evangelists, unite!) Steve... Steve... Steve...

Up 'till now you thought Fuwanovel was a nice, warm, welcoming place. You're dead wrong. Go play Katawa Shoujo right now or we'll no longer be friends. It'll freakin' change your life.

That is all.

(Just kidding, just kidding) (kind of) (maybe)

ohmy.gif but... but... but it doesn't have ultra over-moe characters and voices sad.gif

Well it definitely is high on my list though xD Like number 20 xD Well the world hasn't ended so I think I will play it one day xD

Argh, took me a day to get back on the forums to respond!

Skills --> Yes, I have some. However they're useless if I can't put them to... well, to use. So I'll be looking for projects to contribute to. ^_^

As for Katawa Shoujo, I was curious about the whole "disability girls" thought at first too... then I was blown away by the depth of it all. Totally worth your time to play through. There is quite a bit of story to each character, great artwork, and even short animated introductions for each character. I highly recommend it. Go, play it now!

Oh, and to answer the previous questions... I've been programming for roughly 10 years and learning Japanese for about 6 years or so, including studying in Japan no less than three times (which I am paying for now... studying abroad is expensive). ^_^