Sakura Spirit original VN by MangaGamer, Sekai Project and Winged Cloud

Okami

And how do you know that writing is bad as it doesn't seem that you played it? Just based on those few "Weeboo" lines? well that doesn't really tell a thing about a story it self. And yea I do think that there is a lot wrong with ecchi but let's not go in there now.

So, how about those screenshots Nosebleed posted from Garejei's review? Enough to convice you that it's shit?

God, I can't wait for the torrent.

Edit: Edited for credits lol.

Fuwanovels own Garej chose to read this and make a review of it for reasons unknown, instead of finishing Dies. Kami be praised.

http://gareblogs.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/vn-review-sakura-spirit/

C'mon waffle-chan, you know it was a noble sacrifice on my part.

I basically took one for the team.

#kamihelpus

So, how about those screenshots Nosebleed posted? Enough to convice you that it's shit?

They are from garejei's review. Give credit to the right individuals ;)

#kamihelpus

Your effort won't be in vain.

Yeah, uh, from what I can understand/have been told it's selling a hilarious amount on steam, so... well, not much to say.

#kamihelpus

You should make a Briah/Atziluth (whichever you prefer) style chant with the 渇望 of "I wish all the world to know of Sakura Spirit" in honor of Dies being delayed by your shenanigans.

I can only see great sales for this rushed, putrid project as a good thing. If some of these sales are going towards introducing people to what a VN is, then horrible game aside, this can easily help bridge the gap for people who find themselves interested in the genre. Even if the specific game in question is awful. Just... awful.

So, how about those screenshots Nosebleed posted from Garejei's review? Enough to convice you that it's shit?

Edit: Edited for credits lol.

No, few grammar mistakes don't mean much too me, story is more important then grammar used to tell it. Well I am a little concern about all that ecchi but like I said it could be only used as bait, I'l judge it once I play it.

Is it worth to pay for?

In term of story   :unsure:

No.

Yeah, uh, from what I can understand/have been told it's selling a hilarious amount on steam, so... well, not much to say.

You should make a Briah/Atziluth (whichever you prefer) style chant with the 渇望 of "I wish all the world to know of Sakura Spirit" in honor of Dies being delayed by your shenanigans.

You could say the review itself is already a manifestation of my 渇望, haha. Every retweet just makes my レギオン swell further.

No, few grammar mistakes don't mean much too me, story is more important then grammar used to tell it. Well I am a little concern about all that ecchi but like I said it could be only used as bait, I'l judge it once I play it.

"few" grammar mistakes.

When was it okay to sell something, let's say a book for example, with primary school grammar mistakes and horrible sentence syntax?

And i think we already established the story is poorly written, can be finished in 1 hour and doesn't have anything interesting to it. But sure take your own conclusions yourself. However i don't know how someone can say they accept basic grammar mistakes in a non free product.

I can only see great sales for this rushed, putrid project as a good thing. If some of these sales are going towards introducing people to what a VN is, then horrible game aside, this can easily help bridge the gap for people who find themselves interested in the genre. Even if the specific game in question is awful. Just... awful.

It won't. In case of SP it will have an outright negative effect on the whole western industry. It's the same as getting a chance to reedem your soul and utterly failing; there's no second chance available. Currently people are only buying SP out of two reasons - it's cheap, while art encourages people and everyone already knows it's bad, so they're getting it for the lulz, or check whether it's really true as people say. There are no reedeming qualities. If anything, reading this visual novel gives indigestion to fans and will only confirm the rest of gaming community, that all vn's are like this and should be avoided at all costs.

Sakura spirit is everything bad about western visual novels, with it's art gone completely to waste.

#kamihelpus

You have my utmost gratitude, Gare :>

"few" grammar mistakes.

When was it okay to sell something, let's say a book for example, with primary school grammar mistakes and horrible sentence syntax?

And i think we already established the story is poorly written, can be finished in 1 hour and doesn't have anything interesting to it. But sure take your own conclusions yourself. However i don't know how someone can say they accept basic grammar mistakes in a non free product.

I simply don't think that grammar is that important, sure it's better to have a normal grammar and it's kinda a common sense to have a proper grammar in books and similar media but I don't think it's that big of a deal if it isn't. At least as long as it isn't a total "grimrish".

And don't get me wrong I am not saying that it will be a good VN, actually my expectations are pretty low, but still I don't like when people judge things without trying them out for themselves.

I simply don't think that grammar is that important, sure it's better to have a normal grammar and it's kinda a common sense to have a proper grammar in books and similar media but I don't think it's that big of a deal if it isn't. At least as long as it isn't a total "grimrish".

And don't get me wrong I am not saying that it will be a good VN, actually my expectations are pretty low, but still I don't like when people judge things without trying them out for themselves.

I'm not a grammar nazi, but seriously...

ss_e376ff5825ab768b1986b8b91f77482800cfa

Even grammar in IMHHW is better than this.

Actually what you say doesn't make any sense as H are just forced in story most of the times, authors don't write them because they want them as part of story but to boost sales, and you know that it's the truth.

It's called "personal opinion" not "the truth", get your vocabulary right. :P

As for elementary grammatical errors and retarded weebooisms infestation - do you seriously expect that an author who simply can't write at all, could actually create a not-entirely-horrible story?

Besides, it's an OELVN in the end, it's safe to assume it's bad by default. You only need to try it when you want to judge how bad it is. :P

And if anyone thinks sales of this garbage are a good thing, tell me:

1) Why should groups such as Dischan actually try to make something decent, when they could just throw some random, effortless thrash and people would apparently buy it anyway?

2) Why would an average Westerner become interested in VNs, when all he/she experienced were a few consistently awful OELVNs?

@Satsuki

Not the best example - it was most likely intentional, to make her sound drunk. :P

1) Why should groups such as Dischan actually try to make something decent, when they could just throw some random, effortless thrash and people would apparently buy it anyway?

2) Why would an average Westerner become interested in VNs, when all he/she experienced were a few consistently awful OELVNs?

THIS. Don't expect anything to change, unless both developers and consumers of their works will be able to cope well with those issues.

I would agree that sales of a bad title are not necessarily a good thing.  It depends if the target audience that bought the game liked it.  If they did; it's all good.  If not, they're going to be less likely to buy "similar offerings".  For some, that's other titles by Winged Cloud.  For others, it's Sekai Project titles.  For others, it's any VN.  And for yet others, it's any game with anime-style art.  The degree to which these unsatisfied buyers generalize their dissatisfaction will vary in direct proportion to their experience with the medium--those with a limited and non-diverse sampling to judge from are more likely to make broad generalizations that blacklist the entire medium.  That's really, really bad when you're trying to convince people to give games like Grisaia a chance.

I haven't played this game, and I don't intend to.  But while making a bad game would be developer's fault (Winged Cloud in this case), the consequences of promoting a bad game would lie squarely on the publisher's shoulders--in this case, that appears to be Sekai Project.

I'm not a grammar nazi, but seriously...

ss_e376ff5825ab768b1986b8b91f77482800cfa

Even grammar in IMHHW is better than this.

They seem to be drunk in that scene so it might be intentional.

It's called "personal opinion" not "the truth", get your vocabulary right. :P

As for elementary grammatical errors and retarded weebooisms infestation - do you seriously expect that an author who simply can't write at all, could actually create a not-entirely-horrible story?

Besides, it's an OELVN in the end, it's safe to assume it's bad by default. You only need to try it when you want to judge how bad it is. :P

@Satsuki

Not the best example - it was most likely intentional, to make her sound drunk. :P

When you have strong profs for your opinion that are obvious it becomes truth, but lets not start another H-scene thread now.

And weebooism is term used by the same people who think that being Otaku is something bad and using it here is hippocratism

as most of people here could be considered weeboos by definition , but let me tell you there is noting wrong in liking Japanese culture or trying to copy it and wishing to be a part of it just as there is nothing wrong liking any other culture. We don't have a term for people who like USA's, Russians, German's or any other country's culture why would we need one for people who like Japanese one.

A Weeaboo is a westernized otaku who thinks the meaning of life is to be japanese and everything that's made in japan is sugoi desu like that and they kirai desu anything that's not japanese and their goal in life is to move to japan.

An otaku is just an otaku.

They're both derrogative terms. Weeaboo more than otaku now.

But I guarantee you Otaku still has a negative conotation.

You see, a weeaboo is not interested in japanese culture, they're interested in anime and manga and they believe that japanese culture can be summed up and fully experienced through these mediums.

And at the same time they reject their own culture as if it's some sort of unholy thing.

And worst of all they try to incorporate random stuff taken from anime and manga into their daily life, including the way they speak.

Now I don't care what people want to do with their interests and lives, it's their thing how they are viewed upon.

The issue is when you start turning this practice into an actual culture and spreading it into mediums like VNs.

Weeabooism should not become a thing, ever.

Weeaboos don't try to copy or are interested in japanese culture, they just have some particular interests and think that represents a whole culture which is completely incorrect. 

This practice is extremly disrespectful and misrepresentative not just to the japanese culture that has so much more to offer other than anime and manga clichés and popular anime vocabulary but to their own culture/language as well that has to be butchered by japanese wannabees.

That's what's wrong with VNs like this

They are crapy, poorly written, cash grabbing pieces of junk that some people are starting to accept (seems like most don't, thankfully)

But of course no weeaboo would see past their own idealism.

The fact that garbage can sell is a universally known fact.  Look how many Transformer movies there are.  However, that doesn't mean that there aren't people who will strive to make something good, despite knowing that they might sell better making a trashier product.  And while it's true that some people might end up disliking this to the point where they wouldn't try out another VN, I feel that more first-timers are likely to enjoy this game, even if they don't realize that it's a horrible game until they play something of a much higher quality.  I for one am much softer grading the first VNs I played than any VN I might play today.

A Weeaboo is a westernized otaku who thinks the meaning of life is to be japanese and everything that's made in japan is sugoi desu like that and they kirai desu anything that's not japanese and their goal in life is to move to japan.

An otaku is just an otaku.

They're both derrogative terms. Weeaboo more than otaku now.

But I guarantee you Otaku still has a negative conotation.

You see, a weeaboo is not interested in japanese culture, they're interested in anime and manga and they believe that japanese culture can be summed up and fully experienced through these mediums.

And at the same time they reject their own culture as if it's some sort of unholy thing.

And worst of all they try to incorporate random stuff taken from anime and manga into their daily life, including the way they speak.

Now I don't care what people want to do with their interests and lives, it's their thing how they are viewed upon.

The issue is when you start turning this practice into an actual culture and spreading it into mediums like VNs.

Weeabooism should not become a thing, ever.

Weeaboos don't try to copy or are interested in japanese culture, they just have some particular interests and think that represents a whole culture which is completely incorrect. 

This practice is extremly disrespectful and misrepresentative not just to the japanese culture that has so much more to offer other than anime and manga clichés and popular anime vocabulary but to their own culture/language as well that has to be butchered by japanese wannabees.

That's what's wrong with VNs like this

They are crapy, poorly written, cash grabbing pieces of junk that people are starting to accept.

But of course no weeaboo would see past that.

And how is that any different from people who watch Hollywood movies and because of them think that USA is some kind of holly land and they copy culture from those movies and everything else that is considered weeboo just replace Japan with USA and Anime with Hollywood?

And what is wrong with not liking your own country and it's culture? At least 20% of people of every country doesn't like his country and would prefer to live somewhere else.

You yourself use terms such as one-san, oni-chan, imouto etc. on daily basis.

And I doubt that anyone really thinks that absolutely everything in Japan is great.

VNs are part of Japanese culture to begin with so whats wrong with copying their own culture in form of media that is part of there own culture. And we saw what VN fans think of westernize VNs in that topic about that VN (Can't remember a name but I think you know about witch VN I speak).