Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki Translation Project

Akerou

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Instead of using my thread, I'd decided to report the progress here. Anyway, as of now finally akerou made the update (Not at Monday though, but still okay), and as for now the TLC was already at 100% and he was ready for QC. Hope it'll be finished soon, or at least we see QC progress at June.

• 1 month later...

" Moving on, I don’t have anything exciting or nice concerning SakuSaku for you. The proofreading/QC is in progress, but some of us are busy with work, on vocation etc. so most aren’t done with their test pass yet. On that note, I’m basically saying it every month, but since some people still keep going on about it, I’ll say it again: Yes, we could release the whole thing as is. Yes, most people would be satisfied with the result and hardly anyone would complain. However, please try to understand that I’ve put roughly 2500 hours of time into just translation, that doesn’t entail the TLC and all the time I had to invest due to technical challenges that needed to be attended to. The time needed for polishing is relatively small in comparison, but is capable of raising the quality of experience remarkably. Going this extra mile is definitely worth it. "

And he's also apparently going on vacation from the 10th to the 24th, so don't expect any progress to be made this month.

Why not find someone else to do QC there are plenty of people who can do just as good and have plenty time to spare unlike your current guy. No offense but going on vacation should mean he has more time to spare not less. This is the easiest part of VN translation and can easily be accomplished within 3 weeks.

About the reason why he didn't choose anyone else, maybe akerou was kind of perfectionist or in more negative word too obsessive with the work. Well, he stated that he was improved the translation since the first time he translated ie 2 or so years ago. And hopefully he'll at very late managed to release it this year's end.

For going to vacation, I would guess that he'll probably didn't bring the laptop with him which contain the translation data since he said that he'll go to Spain (Beside, he probably want to distance himself from the campus stuff). Oh, and as for my experience about vacation, I also didn't bring my laptop too. Well, if that's all he was give update, then we'll better waiting until after AX, which should be the time when akerou give next update there.

• 4 weeks later...

So Sekai Project just announced they will be releasing this...what does that mean for the project? Did you know about this and did sekai project contact you about it or anything? 

5 minutes ago, kyrt said:

So Sekai Project just announced they will be releasing this...what does that mean for the project? Did you know about this and did sekai project contact you about it or anything? 

Yes, they did. More specficially, they were the ones that asked to get it licensed. 

Hopefully those that worked on it were adequately compensated for it - and researched what a localization team would normally be paid, for the efforts involved.

I have no problem with a Fan TL being picked up for official release, my biggest concern is the project members being taken advantage of and ripped off.

all I wanna know is the release date. How long will it take for SP to release an already finished translation? 6 more months? If so, then I'll be pirating it. And hope that there won't be an huge gap between the Steam version and the Denpasoft one like Grisaia. 

1 hour ago, oxczen said:

all I wanna know is the release date. How long will it take for SP to release an already finished translation? 6 more months? If so, then I'll be pirating it. And hope that there won't be an huge gap between the Steam version and the Denpasoft one like Grisaia. 

Supposedly around December, and no there shouldn't be a delay as all the translation stuff is done and the engine work should be no different. 

44 minutes ago, Chuee said:

Supposedly around December, and no there shouldn't be a delay as all the translation stuff is done and the engine work should be no different. 

it's Sekai... I doubt it.