Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki Translation Project

Akerou

• 2 weeks later...

It was a fun ride. We have week #65 and finally, I can officially announce that SakuSaku is fully translated.

progress_week65.png

I put up a somewhat longish post concerning my motivation, what I got out of working on this project and little something regarding the 'schedule' from this point on here.

I put up a somewhat longish post concerning my motivation, what I got out of working on this project and little something regarding the 'schedule' from this point on here.

Read the blog post, and if it makes you feel any better your English is better than many native speakers. Though I would like an example of what level you would prefer your English prose to be at.

Congrats on finishing the translation!

Congratulations! I was one of the guys who sent you a list of complaints via email over that first patch you released (I still cringe at "a prize money," lol). I don't mean to sound rude or anything but I look forward to reading the finished product to see how much you've improved since then. Thank you for ultimately taking the English side of things seriously and for all the hard work you've put in. 

Congratulations! I was one of the guys who sent you a list of complaints via email over that first patch you released (I still cringe at "a prize money," lol). I don't mean to sound rude or anything but I look forward to reading the finished product to see how much you've improved since then. Thank you for ultimately taking the English side of things seriously and for all the hard work you've put in. 

I  cringe as well when I read through the early versions of the first scripts, which is a good sign in itself I guess. Things like you mentioned happen when you're "out of touch" with the language you translate into, meaning you lack that 'cringe' you inherently experience when you read a line that sounds awkward in your native language. It really helps to have people bluntly state their opinion, so I appreciate your complaints ;p

• 2 weeks later...