cropped-logo_3.png

Game Info

Titel: Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki
Publisher:  Palette
Project Page: http://www.koisaku.org
Release Date: 27.06.2014

Synopsis

A girl that can't love.
A boy that isn't even interested in love.
How would the world change if these two fell in love?

It is the season of flowers, the time of cherry blossoms.
New encounters and farewells, the time the buds sprout.

For the second-year student Asaba Yuma who is attending Mihaya Highschool, this was a day of depression.

That is because there has been set up a prize money of 21000 Yen (before tax) for capturing him.
As he helps out with a certain work,
Yuma has to listen to the love troubles of various girls.
In response to that kindness the girls receive from him,
he himself becomes the target of romantic interests as the "Wanted Guy".

The girls consult him about all sorts of problems concerning love.
Jealousy and affairs, from painful stuff to corny stuff.
As he continues to listen to all these love troubles,
Yuma eventually loses any aspiration towards love.

One day, a mysterious little girl appears before him.

The girl has no experience with love.
But, she firmly believes that love is something wonderful.
And that girl has decided on a slightly weird task.

"Won't you fall in love?
I will fulfill your love, swearing by my honor as a love fairy."

Current Status

progress_editing_01.png

Recruitment
Recruitment:
- 1 Translator
- 1 Editor

Requirements for Editors:
- Availability
- Very high English proficiency (Native Level)
- Experience (this is not a must)

Anyone interested will have to absolve a short Test.

Requirements for Translators:
- High Japanese proficiency
- Decent English proficiency
- Motivation (it's a good idea to finish the game as soon as it is released first of things)
- Experience as a translator and/or VN's in general
- Decent TL Speed

Of course translators will also have to pass a test.

The Team

Transation

• akerou

Editing

• Exiled Saber
  • Siegfried

Image Editing

• ayase
  • JeMhUnTeR

Tools & Hacking

• akerou
  • binaryfail

Contact me

Email: [email protected]

Edited by Akerou

0.o whats most mysterious to me is those 6000+ lines in 3 weeks

how is that a mystery? That's less than 300 lines per day in average.

If it wasn't for university, I would be able to translate 500+ lines per day and I don't think that I'm particularly fast either (judging by my lines/hour rate).

The reason I already decided to translate the game is simply because I love the games palette makes.

Plus, I'm madly in love with the heroines, which is actually the main reason.

My first post is already a post to wish a person good luck ^^

I am impressed of people who can actually translate such an amount of lines per Day.. (even more if you are a German native speaker)

good luck to you , sadly I am not in the position to help (I should curse myself for not learning japanese).

how is that a mystery? That's less than 300 lines per day in average.

If it wasn't for university, I would be able to translate 500+ lines per day and I don't think that I'm particularly fast either (judging by my lines/hour rate).

Normal speed for most PJ I saw is about under 1000 lines per week actually  :lol:

Normal speed for most PJ I saw is about under 1000 lines per week actually  :lol:

To be more precise 1000 lines per week is still considered extra fast, look at MDZ translation, he is working with that speed and he is considered to be one of fastest fan translators out there.

Well, I did hear that there was some translator that worked 1000 lines per day, true I don't know if that is true.

God luck with a project.

To be more precise 1000 lines per week is still considered extra fast, look at MDZ translation, he is working with that speed and he is considered to be one of fastest fan translators out there.

Well, I did hear that there was some translator that worked 1000 lines per day, true I don't know if that is true.

God luck with a project.

1000 lines a day? Maybe if they're just lightly massaging  machine translation. And spending a lot of time doing it. Ixrec used to work at around 300-500 lines a day back in his heyday, but he was kind of fast and loose with his translations and quality suffered. He somehow kept up that rate for a few years straight.

1000 lines a day? Maybe if they're just lightly massaging  machine translation. And spending a lot of time doing it. Ixrec used to work at around 300-500 lines a day back in his heyday, but he was kind of fast and loose with his translations and quality suffered. He somehow kept up that rate for a few years straight.

Thats only if you ware to rush it, but if you ware to simply put more time into it it would be a whole different matter. If you ware to translate 8h a day 1000 lines a day wouldn't be a problem at all. The only thing is that nobady is willing to put that much time into it, I myself when I was doing a subtitles for TV series from eng to my native I was going at it 4h-5h a day but that was my max. But if I would to do it as a decent payed job even 10h-12h would be resneble so I don't think 1000 lines a day is much if you are working for a company that is paying you to do it witch was probably the case with that guy.

Thats only if you ware to rush it, but if you ware to simply put more time into it it would be a whole different matter. If you ware to translate 8h a day 1000 lines a day wouldn't be a problem at all. The only thing is that nobady is willing to put that much time into it, I myself when I was doing a subtitles for TV series from eng to my native I was going at it 4h-5h a day but that was my max. But if I would to do it as a decent payed job even 10h-12h would be resneble so I don't think 1000 lines a day is much if you are working for a company that is paying you to do it witch was probably the case with that guy.

Exactly. Of course it also depends on the language that is used though(I'd probably be only half as fast if I was translating a navel game). My average pace for this game is something like ~2hours for 100 lines. That means less than 6 hours a day to reach the mentioned 2000 lines per week, so I really don't see what's to be surprised about that. There are light novel translators I know who can translate an entire volume with more than 250 pages in under a week, compared to them this is actually pretty slow.  ^_^

I guess most people don't actually expect hobbyists to put in 6 hours of work a day. Hell, do the "professionals" who get commissioned by MG/JAST/whoever put in even that much effort?

Not that I'm complaining, that's some serious dedication.

I guess most people don't actually expect hobbyists to put in 6 hours of work a day. Hell, do the "professionals" who get commissioned by MG/JAST/whoever put in even that much effort?

Not that I'm complaining, that's some serious dedication.

It's not really a matter of "effort," it's just how long you can work without burning yourself out - which I guess depends on the individual. Personally, my limit is two hours before my translations become robotic and I lose the ability to create coherent English sentences. I am guessing that is why TL quality fluctuates in Ixrec's case.