Hello!

Daeyamati

Harroharro~ I'm quite new to visual novels. I signed up a while ago but never posted until now ^^;;

I started out as a huge fan of anime and manga. I became interested in VNs in 2007, right around the time that Little Busters was released. I saw videos on Youtube and several blog posts about it & I really wanted to play, but I didn't know any Japanese or that fan translations for VNs even existed, so I didn't play it. Instead, I started "researching" about visual novels, mostly through following blogs.

Then in 2010, I played my very first visual novel, Narcissu (both the first one and Side 2nd) when it was released in English. The artwork, the story, the soundtrack -- everything about it just completely blew me away & after finishing it, I got hooked to VNs. Unfortunately though, since 2010 I haven't read that many visual novels due to lack of translations. I'm currently learning Japanese, though very passively due to lack of time irl. I've been thinking about one day translating VNs, particularly otome games (I actually have a whole list of which games I would like to translate), but since my Japanese skills are very minimal, I guess I'll have to wait a while before that actually happens orz.

Hmmmm, that turned out to be a longer post than I intended. Well here's to getting along together~

Welcome to fuwanovel!

Hehe quite new to VNs? yet reading from 2010 :)

I started in January this year - thats is new :)

Oh yeah, learning Japanese - the only obstacle on a way to unlimited fun! I am trying to learn as well :)

And longer post? Hm seemed almost like one sentence to me but well I just usually write and never stop - you might have seen in some of my posts :P

So again, welcome and enjoy this awesome group of people.

Hello and welcome to Fuwan!..

I've played my first VN in July or August (couldn't really remember ^^), and I've also just read quit a few (maybe around 7?) :)

I also have been thinking about learning Japanese due to the fact that many awesome-looking VNs are still in Japanese language.. And even though there are a lot of people doing translations, these jobs still take a lot of work and time, so the VNs just keep piling up..

Again, welcome and have a good time here ^^..

Hi and Welcome to Fuwanovel~

I'm also quite new, both to Fuwanovel and to VN. But I loved both.

I started learning japanese, but is in doubt whether I could survive the whole learning thing. Languages just isn't my cup of tea, you see..

Welcome and Merry Christmas!

welcome to fuwanovel, I hope you will find good information and have fun :)

I started playing VNs this year and I started with katawa shoujo and it's what got me hooked with VNs.

I'm thinking about learning japanese too as there is a lot of amazing vns that isn't translated and won't be but it will be in the future like the summer when I have a break hen I will power through it because right now I don't have the time.

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm sure I'll enjoy it here :)/>

Welcome to fuwanovel! Hehe quite new to VNs? yet reading from 2010 :)/> I started in January this year - thats is new :)/>

Even though I started in 2010, I haven't read that many (maybe 6 or 7? not entirely sure) so that's why I consider myself new, heheh.

Oh yeah, learning Japanese - the only obstacle on a way to unlimited fun! I am trying to learn as well :)/>

I started learning japanese, but is in doubt whether I could survive the whole learning thing. Languages just isn't my cup of tea, you see..Welcome and Merry Christmas!

How far have you gotten? I can read hiragana and katakana and a few kanji, although very slowly and it takes me a while before I can figure out what a sentence or word is supposed to mean. I also know some vocabulary, mostly picked up from watching anime AHAHA.

How far have you gotten? I can read hiragana and katakana and a few kanji, although very slowly and it takes me a while before I can figure out what a sentence or word is supposed to mean. I also know some vocabulary, mostly picked up from watching anime AHAHA.

Just finished Hiragana and Katakana. Can't even construct a proper sentence yet. Also got my vocab from watching anime.

Pretty much the same, I would say hira and kata and about 150, maybe 200 kanji, im not making any cards so its hard to count but there is lots of easy ones.

Im trying to read VNs using annot player color transcripion - I turned off all the translation and romaji and left only the original but colored to separate different words, quite useful. And I can click the kanji to copy it and get the meaning.

Just finished Hiragana and Katakana. Can't even construct a proper sentence yet. Also got my vocab from watching anime.

Same here. Have you started kanji yet? I've tried my hand at the grammar but it's hard for me to balance the grammar with the vocab at the same time orz

Pretty much the same, I would say hira and kata and about 150, maybe 200 kanji, im not making any cards so its hard to count but there is lots of easy ones.Im trying to read VNs using annot player color transcripion - I turned off all the translation and romaji and left only the original but colored to separate different words, quite useful. And I can click the kanji to copy it and get the meaning.

Wow, 200? That's a lot! I know about 50-ish. For some of them I learned through mnemonics, others I kept seeing it over and over again, especially in titles of anime, manga, VNs, drama CDs, etc.

Is the annot player easy to use? Been considering whether or not I should use it since I heard it's not exactly user-friendly and takes a while to set up.

Same here. Have you started kanji yet? I've tried my hand at the grammar but it's hard for me to balance the grammar with the vocab at the same time orz

Not yet. Currently reading the Japanese Guide to Japanese Grammar. And by currently I mean still having it opened in my phone while posting this ;).

Been considering whether or not I should use it since I heard it's not exactly user-friendly and takes a while to set up.

quite easy for me, took me like 5 minutes to setup correctly - its intuitive if you know what you want to have.

but I work with pc every day, don't know how it will be for someone only using computer casually (if you are such person)

I even tried translating and posting my translation but i gave up on that idea as I was thinking more about how to formulate that sentence in english than what the meaning actually is. And that with english being my second language made it a waste of time for me, ill learn to understand japanese first and then translate.

I made a post about how awesome it is with that, it even has screen how it looks with my setup

http://forums.fuwano..._3304#entry3304

(screen: warning loli boobies http://i.imgur.com/hW16B.jpg)