Translation PJ for Lump of Sugar's titles?

I just wonder, why there are almost none translation PJ for LoS VN? ( the only one I know is Nursery Rhyme, which is pretty much dead now. And no, I'm talking about the English translation PJ, not Chinese ). LoS VN have a decent plot, good art, and quite fun to read, so why not?

Maybe Nursery Rhyme would be a good candidate for a Live TL, before it disappears off the grid entirely.  I'm not offering, though...I seem to lack the time and/or computing resources to get streaming working.

Last update was from over 3 years ago. Enough to call that "entirely", I guess.

I think it has to do with the sheer number of visual novels compared to the number of translators. There are tons of great visual novels that haven't been translated or have translation projects going on.

Yeah, you are right. 

30-50 hours for medium-length VN is about 30000-50000 lines 

50+ hours for long-length VN is more than 50000 lines

Even with the average translation's rate of 100+ lines per day from single translator (Unfortunately, the normal pace for single translator is much lower than this), it takes almost a year to translate them alone, more if you include TLC, Editing and QC.progress.

A lot of them won't stay until the project is finished due to various reason and project without active translator has high chance of be stalled or the worst case, dropped.

There are no (active) translation PJ for (just off the top of my head): Black Cyc, Cyclet, Valkyria, Lilim Darkness, Root, Lose, Atelier Sakura VNs - that's a bigger problem. :P

There's a ton of developers that have interesting titles in their lineup, but you will never see even 10% of them translated. That's just how it works.

There are no (active) translation PJ for (just off the top of my head): Black Cyc, Cyclet, Valkyria, Lilim Darkness, Root, Lose, Atelier Sakura VNs - that's a bigger problem. :P

There's a ton of developers that have interesting titles in their lineup, but you will never see even 10% of them translated. That's just how it works.

The fact is, I never heard about any of those name you just listed except Lose.

But I'm pretty sure most VN players ( or maybe all ) have heard about LoS.

Of course I'm asking because they are well-known, no point asking about random company.

The fact is, I never heard about any of those name you just listed except Lose.

Well, it's a rather... specific selection, but aside from Root and Lose, those devs are quite well known, at least among fans of... darker genres. Especially Black Cyc. :P

I wouldn't say that LoS is THAT well known too. They don't really stand out among other charage developers, I highly doubt that many VN readers know about them. If not for Tayutama, I would have never heard of them myself.

I really don't know more about LoS than any other developer and I don't understand what puts them above everyone else. I think you're really exaggerating their popularity and perhaps greatness. You shouldn't project your own opinions onto the entire community's.

The basic point made still stands. There are a crapload of really solid VNs that aren't translated yet and so if you want some of LoS's works translated, you'll have to wait for a like-minded fanboy who's willing to start a project.

I really don't know more about LoS than any other developer and I don't understand what puts them above everyone else. I think you're really exaggerating their popularity and perhaps greatness. You shouldn't project your own opinions onto the entire community's.

Nope, I never said they are great or anything. I just base on the fact that most of my friends know about their titles, or at least their name, thats all. I cant just go do a poll "do you know about...." in large scale. And of course if you compare them with some real big name like Key or such, they are nothing.