VNDB Skins

rski100

I just created an account on vndb because I got to to point in whichI played too many visual novels and I can't remember them all. with the vndb I'm able to keep track of which games I've played and rate them, like animeplanet. In any case, when I made an account an went to my profile, I was pleasantly surprised by the skins. I didn't know you could change it in the first place and I thought it was a very good idea. My favorites were the Gekkou no Carnevale black and the Fate stay night pale carmine, What were your?

I just created an account on vndb because I got to to point in whichI played too many visual novels and I can't remember them all. with the vndb I'm able to keep track of which games I've played and rate them, like animeplanet. In any case, when I made an account an went to my profile, I was pleasantly surprised by the skins. I didn't know you could change it in the first place and I thought it was a very good idea. My favorites were the Gekkou no Carnevale black and the Fate stay night pale carmine, What were your?

Yes, they are all very pleasant. I'm fond of Tsukihime (black), it's quite vivid.

meanwhile on my vndb:

l193Qvv.png

I use a custom CSS style with a browser plugin called Stylish. Specifically this style.

I made it a few minutes ago, and it's pretty with a few fancy animations. NSFW pics are hidden until you hover the cursor on them. I also fixed the messy tags by dividing it into 4 columns and adding a color bar system (so it's easier to determine which are content, technical, or sexual). Do check it out if you use Stylish.

That actually looks pretty good!

My only complaint is that the bottom row of tags should align properly even if there aren't 4. edit: Also the content and technical tag colors are a little hard to tell apart at a glance. But still, good work!

another edit: Also, very minor bug, but the tags load in slightly misaligned for me until I hover over one, then they all align properly. I'm on 1680x1050 in case that might have something to do with it. Here's a screenshot:

fzeRgra.png

You can see the color bars not being aligned properly. Once I hover over any tag, they all form a straight line.

I think I'll use this from now on. Thanks for making it!

That actually looks pretty good!

My only complaint is that the bottom row of tags should align properly even if there aren't 4. edit: Also the content and technical tag colors are a little hard to tell apart at a glance. But still, good work!

another edit: Also, very minor bug, but the tags load in slightly misaligned for me until I hover over one, then they all align properly. I'm on 1680x1050 in case that might have something to do with it. Here's a screenshot:

fzeRgra.png

You can see the color bars not being aligned properly. Once I hover over any tag, they all form a straight line.

I think I'll use this from now on. Thanks for making it!

fixed

4TlrYqx.png

also updated the code on the userstyles.org page.

edit: still looking for the last error

edit edit: I think the last update accidentally fixed that, I can't see the error happening anymore

edit edit edit: you don't have Open Sans? I should probably add other nice fallback fonts

edit edit edit edit: there, added Segoe UI and Calibri as fallback fonts

edit edit edit edit edit: added option to choose from 1-8 columns (since 4 columns default look horrible on small screens)

meanwhile on my vndb:

l193Qvv.png

I use a custom CSS style with a browser plugin called Stylish. Specifically this style.

I made it a few minutes ago, and it's pretty with a few fancy animations. NSFW pics are hidden until you hover the cursor on them. I also fixed the messy tags by dividing it into 4 columns and adding a color bar system (so it's easier to determine which are content, technical, or sexual). Do check it out if you use Stylish.

The styles overlap each other for 1/2 of a second everytime the page is loaded. Don't know if that is just how is supposed to happen because they are actually 2 styles overlapping each other or the problem is on my end.

edit: One more bug. Spoilered tags that are in the leftmost column have the red spoiler mark appear in the wrong place, in the row above it all the way to the right.

hmm I can't seem to find this issue anywhere. not even after resizing browser windows. try uninstalling it, then reinstall it from the page with a different number of columns

aVZsePM.png

edit: I just realized, it's impossible for the red box that indicates spoilers to be misplaced. It's just a border of the tag link itself, so it should always be located directly to the right of the tag link.

The styles overlap each other for 1/2 of a second everytime the page is loaded. Don't know if that is just how is supposed to happen because they are actually 2 styles overlapping each other or the problem is on my end.

this is most probably a problem with the browser or the plugin you're using. what browser are you using? and I assume you're using stylish?

also try switching to the default vndb theme on your profile. I made this theme in conjunction with that, so some unchanged stuff might look weird on some non-default themes.

and one more thing, check if you have other styles or scripts applied for vndb.org

I have been using Gekkou no Carnevale from the moment I noticed I could change the skin (~1 month after I made an account). But the default is second best imo. I like to read on darker backgrounds, so white on dark blue or ..whatever font color Gekkou no Carnevale skin has.. on black, work best for me. I would go crazy if I'd use the touhou skin lol.