What's your OTP?

Nosebleed

OTP: One True Pairing

You might or might not be familiar with the term but to put it simply, an OTP is a pair of characters that you ship together more than any other. These 2 characters are characters that you just love seeing together and think they're the best possible pair regardless of wether their romantic relationship is canon or not.

Now most members here never really seemed to me like the type to have an OTP and that's why I made this thread, because I'm curious~

So what is your one true pairing and why is it your favorite?

One important rule: sometimes this stuff can generate arguments because of fandoms and whatnot. Don't hate on anyone's preferences and respect each other please.

So in my case it goes as no surprise, my One True Pairing is NicoMaki

qxRVdrz.jpg

Translation (not by me):

Nico: Let me in~!

It was as a voice jumped out from my mind, I got a shock.
I turned around franctically, as expected.
It was Nico-chan.

Nico: That’s great! I’ve been here waiting all this time♪ Waiting for a kind person to share an umbrella with Nico♥ But no one walked past. I thought it didn’t matter whoever came by, I just wanted someone to come along, even Maki would be fine, and you appeared♪

Maki: He-hey, I didn’t say I’ll let you under it! Ah! And wasn’t it raining since morning, why didn’t you bring an umbrella? Don’t tell me you forgot it.

Nico: Yup, that’s right♥ Nico’s umbrella, was probably taken by someone in the family.

Maki: Even if that’s the case, shouldn’t your house have a 500yen umbrella? Why did you have to purposely come under mine

Nico: It doesn’t matter does it~ Don’t make me sound so evil! Nico was waiting because Nico wanted to go home with Maki♪

Maki: Didn’t you just say that anyone would be fine

Nico: Well, to be honest, Nico was waiting here because Nico wanted to confess to Maki♥ And so, Maki, please hear me, I had these feelings for Maki since way back”

Even though I understood clearly
I knew that she was joking, but when I saw her large eyes, my heart ended up beating even faster, I really hate this sort of me

Nico: Nico loves Maki~ ♥ ♥ ♥ Can you walk me halfway?

Towards the Nico who hugged me, I replied as such

Maki: If it’s only halfway… wouldn’t you still end up getting soaked! It can’t be helped, I’ll walk you to your house!

Nico had a complacent smile on her face

Ahh. I’m really weak.

Even though I know I shouldn’t do this… But.
Today is a rainy day. And so, it can’t be helped isn’t it?
It’s fine for us both to go home together like this sometimes, right?

For me NicoMaki has been by far the cutest shipping i have ever encountered.
Their relationship started off with just small stuff here and there but it quickly became apparent when Love Live got a manga and a novel that they had this very close relationship and the staff was very aware of that, hence why there's things like the official illustration above.
And then the anime just came to reinforce their relationship even more by giving them some alone time here and there as well as showing off their interactions, usually caused by Nico teasing Maki and Maki going tsundere on Nico. It's a beautiful relationship that i can never get tired of.
And after reading some doujinishi and seeing some fanart it just became a pairing that was very dear to me and that until this date has not been beaten by any other. I still search for pictures of them on pixiv every day.
And while they don't explicitly show it in the anime it's almost clear that they are canon~

Nico and Maki are my OTP and probably will be for a long time <3

Yuuta x Satone in Chuu2 2nd. Seriously, I just feel like they are more of a couple than Yuuta x Rikka ( Yuuta pretty much has a "babysitter" relationship with Rikka, not lover )

Someone said it like it is. Thank you.

Season 1 built their relationship great. Season 2 destroyed it.

I was wishing for Satone to NTR Rikka at points.

Another worthy mention in Chuunibyou is Dekomori x Nibutani.

Can't get enough of them.

Well while it's not my One True Pairing, it is One Of my True Parings, NaruHina after all I watched 500+ of Naruto episodes and am still watching it just becouse I want to see this paring, even true I know that chanses of actuall full romance happening in this Anime are slim. I would need a look at my lists to remember other OOMTP's.

Agreed with everything said about Chu-2 above. I used to be a Rikka fan then Satome appeared and made me rethink myself. She's simply amazing.

So, I don't like ultimatums, so as said above, One Of My True Pairings is Sayaka x Kyoko in the Madoka Magica series. Anyone who is familiar knows exactly what I am talking about. Madoka Magica is my favorite anime series, with Kyoko being my favorite character from the series, some of my favorite scenes of the series are of things related to their relationship, all the way up to the end of episode 9. The 3rd movie helped that pair even more, even giving them a sort of "reunion" scene and stuff in the last third. I'm bad at explaining myself on these kind of things, so I'm just listing scenes I liked that relates to this :P

If you want to talk Love Live, definitely that Rin x Hanayo. They're so adorable together. That line from Hanayo in episode 5 if S2.

9koXC.jpg

For me Love Live goes like this

Nico x Maki

Honoka x Umi

Eri x Nozomi

Rin x Hanayo

Kotori x Alpacas

Of course I have other true pairings. Let's see some I really enjoy are:

Dekomori x Nibutani which I already mentioned. Their antics are probably the best part about Chuunibyou.

Misaka x Touma. Possibly my favorite heterosexual pairing. I can never get tired of them, especially when Misaka goes deredere on him. All the fanart and fanfics are great too~

Nazuna x Nori. Hidamari Sketch Hochimitsu isn't one of the best seasons of Hidamari Sketch for no reason.

Azusa x  Yui. I think they were the K-on lovebirds and they should totally be together already.

Well that's enough for now :P

Shiro x Rin x Sakura.... because don't make me choose :<!

Alibaba x Kyougyoku Ren from Magi. Because like honestly, screw Morgianna, Kyougyoku has been the best of friends Alibaba has had like, ever <3.

Lucy (all incarnations) x Kouta from Elfen Lied. I was honestly pretty shocked about how this series went. If you haven't read the manga (which goes much further than the anime) I really recommend you do. If the anime doesn't sell you on this, the manga will.

Kyosuke x Haru. They really were the best written pair in G-senjou

Amane x Yuuji. Punishment~~~~

Shiro x Rin x Sakura.... because don't make me choose :<!

Alibaba x Kyougyoku Ren from Magi. Because like honestly, screw Morgianna, Kyougyoku has been the best of friends Alibaba has had like, ever <3.

Lucy (all incarnations) x Kouta from Elfen Lied. I was honestly pretty shocked about how this series went. If you haven't read the manga (which goes much further than the anime) I really recommend you do. If the anime doesn't sell you on this, the manga will.

Kyosuke x Haru. They really were the best written pair in G-senjou

Amane x Yuuji. Punishment~~~~

While it is not one of my OTP's I also suport it.

Ah, well I mostly always support incest pairings because its taboo and hot. So I guess my favorite would be Loz, Yazoo and Kadaj threesome from FF7...:/I do have many more but I suppose the silver haired dudes come in first place lol. Others- Nero/Wiess, Fang/Vanille, Sei/Kai, Noel/Caius, Vanitas/Aqua, Dio/Sigma, and lastly Amaimon/Mephisto. Oh and I forgot! Leon/Chris *drool* 

^ My favourite

Eri x Umi works for me aswell

Umi is too attached to Honoka for me to pair her with anyone else, she's always babysitting her.

Honoka is a hard girl because out of all of them she's that genki type that loves everyone and everything so it's hard to pair her with someone. I just put her with Umi because Umi herself likes her, Honoka would probably be oblivious though.

Here is a list of some I support.

Misaka x Touma from Railgun series, Aren't Biribiri cute with him.

NaruHina since the Pain arc. Recently I think Kishimoto just toying with us.

Shu x Ayase from Guilty Crown. Curse Shu and his one sided fixation of Inori.

Ayase x Kyousuke from Oriemo. Hands up for Kuroneko too. She was just too perfect and Kyousuke threw it away.

That's what pop up in my head.