Moe anime: Like or dislike?

Niko

I don't exclusively watch moe anime by any means.  But, yeah I like moe of all kinds.  Let's look through my anime list and pull some random favorites:

comedy/romantic moe:

Ai Yori Aoshi

Chokotto Sister

Mayoi Neko Overrun

Nagasarete Airantou

Nyan Koi

sci-fi moe:

Angelic Layer

Sky Girls

Sora o Kakeru Shoujo

Vividred Operation

silly comedy moe:

GJ-bu

K-on

Love Lab

slice of life moe:

Aria

Binchou-tan

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight

ecchi moe:

Asobi ni Iku Yo

To Love Ru

Idol moe:

Love Get Chu

Love Live

Lovely Idol

The Idolmaster

magical girl moe:

Fantasista Doll

Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel

Mahou Sensei Negima

Lyrical Nanoha

Zero no Tsukaima

I don't have a problem with the moe art style if that's what you mean. Lucky Star I found to be possiblity the most boring anime in existence and K-On wasn't much better but I don't know maybe the 2nd season is better. Now stuff like Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is where it's at. But I don't have a problem with moe it's just unfortunately slice of life/comedy is where you tend to see Moe most often and those types of genre rarely appeal to me. If there is one genre I can say that I despise with the passion of a thousand burning suns it would be harems.

For me, a moe central anime has to have a certain kind of atmosphere to it in order for me to enjoy it. K-on is one example of moe with the perfect blend of atmosphere and fluidity, and it compliments the cuteness exceedingly well. Granted, I'm never going to an anime with its only focus being on moe as much as other shows, but I definitely do consider them relaxing and enjoyable (sometimes even funny).

I'd also consider Mikakunin another exemplary model for moe anime done right. Granted, it did also have a degree of seriousness with it and took its time to subtly develop the romance, but the girls were still exceedingly adorable. Kobeni is so waifu. <3

HySeDOd.gif

ilnOThTgnpgtp.gif

3Jmz7PR.gif