Recommend a first Manga?

I've watched a ton of anime and read VN's but so far I haven't ever seen very much about Manga, But I just got a premium membership on Crunchyroll so I figured I mine as well give it a try and I was wondering if anyone could suggest something to start with since I'm not familiar with it at all   :)

Thanks in advance! 

Edit: I pretty much enjoy anything, except for Ecchi. Romance and comedy are probably my favorite but i'm pretty open to anything if it's good :P 

Well that depends a lot on your tastes.

For shounen there's Fullmetal alchemist.

For seinen there's GTO, Claymore and Urazawa's mangas.

For shoujo, mmmh, no idea. Maybe Love so Life

For ecchi there's Ichigo 100%

These are good to start with I think.

If you like 'healing' manga, there's Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou and Aria. If you like your healing manga a little funnier, there's Azumanga Daioh and Yotsubato

If you like Shoujo and Romance, Fruit Basket, Skip Beat and Tokyo Crazy Paradise. If you like time travel with your Shoujo, there's Red River (Anatolia Story), if you like a romance where a girl has to disguise herself as a boy, there's Hana Kimi, if you like vampires there's Orange Marmalade.

If you like music there's Nodame Cantabile, which is also an anime.

It would be really helpful if you mentioned what your preferences are, otherwise you're gonna get a list the size of ... something really large.

If you like 'healing' manga, there's Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou and Aria. If you like your healing manga a little funnier, there's Azumanga Daioh and Yotsubato

If you like Shoujo and Romance, Fruit Basket, Skip Beat and Tokyo Crazy Paradise. If you like time travel with your Shoujo, there's Red River (Anatolia Story), if you like a romance where a girl has to disguise herself as a boy, there's Hana Kimi, if you like vampires there's Orange Marmalade.

If you like music there's Nodame Cantabile, which is also an anime.

It would be really helpful if you mentioned what your preferences are, otherwise you're gonna get a list the size of ... something really large.

Yeah sorry o.o Haha I probably should have mentioned that :P I do like shoujo though! So I will try them out and probably Nodame too :) Haha thanks for the suggestions! 

Thanks to you too, maefdomn i'll definitely look into some of those too :)

There is always something like Nanoha Vivid if you just want cuuuuuuuuuuute xD

not really a spoiler:

SXtplTS.jpg

I actually haven't read it but I'm thinking about it every day, it should be like daily-life/school-life with maybe some low mahou shoujo action (you can watch the nanoha anime before that but I dont think its necessary), but its definitely the CUTEST manga there is.