Fuwanovel Podcast (Fuwacast) Official Thread

OriginalRen

Never mind, found it. Very interesting. I didn't know it was such an issue. 

https://solidbatman1.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/mortal-vn-engine-annoyances-part-one/

LOL!

I never knew these articles were so damn funny.  Why can't you find these kinda things easily here? I mean, I do think there should be a special place for these kinda things or something... But meh (continues to read all the articles)

LOL!

I never knew these articles were so damn funny.  Why can't you find these kinda things easily here? I mean, I do think there should be a special place for these kinda things or something... But meh (continues to read all the articles)

There's a difference between a blog and a forum, but theoretically nothing prevents anyone from writing articles about VNs and post them as a forum thread. But posting them on a blog gives them more "archivability".

The Fuwa blog is probably too strongly anchored into its tradition of being a news blog for posting articles on it though.

The Fuwa blog is probably too strongly anchored into its tradition of being a news blog for posting articles on it though.

This may change in the future.

From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong,) Fuwa's blog has been limited by a lack of writers and a lack of a clear direction rather than any sort of tradition.

This may change in the future.

From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong,) Fuwa's blog has been limited by a lack of writers and a lack of a clear direction rather than any sort of tradition.

VNAer was originally Aaeru's personal blog, and back then I think she mostly wrote about VN news and her own projects. The transition to Fuwa's blog was obviously not-so-clear but even then I don't think it featured anything but news. There's no clear "direction" indeed but it's always been this way afaik. The lack of writers meant less news covering essentially >_>

I did always have in the back of my mind the idea that Fuwa's blog could be a collective blog with more content than just news - for example with guess writers writing articles about stuff they're knowledgeable about or whatnot, but it always seemed to me like the blog wasn't heading in that direction.

But sure it could change, or take a form separate from the blog (once the changes Tay plans to introduce are well underway I really want to explore the idea of user-submitted reviews on the main site that I and other people have thrown around a few times).

VNAer was originally Aaeru's personal blog, and back then I think she mostly wrote about VN news and her own projects. The transition to Fuwa's blog was obviously not-so-clear but even then I don't think it featured anything but news. There's no clear "direction" indeed but it's always been this way afaik. The lack of writers meant less news covering essentially >_>

I did always have in the back of my mind the idea that Fuwa's blog could be a collective blog with more content than just news - for example with guess writers writing articles about stuff they're knowledgeable about or whatnot, but it always seemed to me like the blog wasn't heading in that direction.

But sure it could change, or take a form separate from the blog (once the changes Tay plans to introduce are well underway I really want to explore the idea of user-submitted reviews on the main site that I and other people have thrown around a few times).

Episode 13 - Welcome to the Fuwacast! A Podcast Within a Podcast

With the original VN project interviews coming in the next few weeks, I thought it would be a good idea to have an interview with the members and founders of the recently added podcast to our website made thanks to babiker. I plan to ask them about where the idea for their cast originally came from and have a chat with its members to discuss the direction and ideas they want to present going forward. I look forward to hearing what they have to say!

Will there, or will there not be WWE style wrestling between you and Babiker as the two of you compete for supremacy? I'm looking forward to it :3

As a current blog writer/author, I would agree with the idea of adding user created content. It's historically been a news site, but at the same time it has always featured community content. We want the blog to not only display the latest news, but also things within our community and the VN community at large.

Zaka won’t appreciate me talking for Tay again, but Tay already has plans for that. Both for user generated content and an increased focus on the community in the blog, it’s all part of his massive overhaul… thingy.

Well, it was part of his plans back in July anyway.

^Well, at least I actually know something about it myself for once. I don't think it's going to be all that controversial in general so that isn't much of a problem either... I guess I'm moderately fine with it.

I don't think a post wishing death upon basically everyone in the VN industry is going to work out on as public a blog as Fuwanovel's is, but with the other changes to the blog I'm kinda of fine with user-submitted content et al. I'm just not going to write much of it myself, and batman should provide decent curation. Hell, maybe I can obsessively flow edit the posts before they're published... though that might be much work for little benefit, and distorting a review is Bad.

^Well, at least I actually know something about it myself for once. I don't think it's going to be all that controversial in general so that isn't much of a problem either... I guess I'm moderately fine with it.

I don't think a post wishing death upon basically everyone in the VN industry is going to work out on as public a blog as Fuwanovel's is, but with the other changes to the blog I'm kinda of fine with user-submitted content et al. I'm just not going to write much of it myself, and batman should provide decent curation. Hell, maybe I can obsessively flow edit the posts before they're published... though that might be much work for little benefit, and distorting a review is Bad.

It's not as if I'm talking without knowing some of the upcoming plans. I've read some parts of Tay's mentioned changes too. I just thought I'd make some points about it since it seems relevant to user create content et al.

Well, it happened. We recorded an episode. I’ll warn you all that it very well may be incomprehensible due to medication, but I hope it’s not too bad. A big “Thanks!” to Ren for having me back and for taking another chance on the series.

I always get nervous right before an episode posts. If it’s bad, I’ll write up a summary for y’all. Sound fair?

Well, it happened. We recorded an episode. I’ll warn you all that it very well may be incomprehensible due to medication, but I hope it’s not too bad. A big “Thanks!” to Ren for having me back and for taking another chance on the series.

I always get nervous right before an episode posts. If it’s bad, I’ll write up a summary for y’all. Sound fair?

It's good, don't sweat it. :)

I really like your idea of a battle to the death between posters and their threads with the winner's wish being granted thread surviving. :ph34r:

Long overdue, here is the 3rd episode I recorded with Tay as part of our "Man Behind the Curtain" series. In this episode, we address the changes which are coming to the website, as well as the current leadership structure and plans for the front page of the website. Hopefully all of your questions will be answered in this episode, however Tay and I will be checking this thread in the next few days or so in order to answer any questions you may have, so let us know.

Man Behind the Curtain - Episode 3: Fuwanovel Spring Cleaning & Changes

2ZbtVVm.jpg

Thanks for listening, and I hope you continue to support the cast!

Got 3 PMs letting me know the couple I referenced has split up. My apologies for bringing them up -- I hadn't heard the latest information (I was going on a personal chat which happened pre-sickness). I still think they're lovely people, and I wish each of them the best.

Got 2 PMs letting me know that I don't sound completely idiotic, so that's good ; P.

Top interview. And that was some real good interviewing Ren, there were a lot of good/tough questions asked. This is probably my favourite interview of yours because you dive right into the uncomfortable stuff.

It produced some quality information :3

Before we started I told Ren to hit me with whatever he's got and hold my feet to the fire. I think he did a fabulous job, and agree that he is really growing his talent for interviewing.

Edit: Forgot this has a thread in G&D. I'll be answering questions over there as to prevent the pollution of this thread.

Great interview. I don't have a very clear picture in my head right now but that's because of me and not of you :3. I seem to be much less efficient at absorbing information from talks, so if/when you write up a novel about this I'll gladly read it (don't feel compelled to do that just because of me though, I already have a lot of that information anyway :3).

Tl;dr for those who didn't listen: when the server migration is done (soon™), shit will get realer than realz.

Got 3 PMs letting me know the couple I referenced has split up. My apologies for bringing them up -- I hadn't heard the latest information (I was going on a personal chat which happened pre-sickness). I still think they're lovely people, and I wish them the best.

Got 2 PMs letting me know that I don't sound completely idiotic, so that's good ; P.

I don't have a metaphor fitting how I imagine the traffic of your PM box. Are you sure it's not a more active place than Games&Chatter?

Great interview. I don't have a very clear picture in my head right now but that's because of me and not of you :3. I seem to be much less efficient at absorbing information from talks, so if/when you write up a novel about this I'll gladly read it (don't feel compelled to do that just because of me though, I already have a lot of that information anyway :3).

Tl;dr for those who didn't listen: when the server migration is done (soon™), shit will get realer than realz.

I don't have a metaphor fitting how I imagine the traffic of your PM box. Are you sure it's not a more active place than Games&Chatter?

at least (or I hope) the admin usergroup has infinite sized messenger quotas.

Planning on listening to the rest of it once I come home, I still have about 35 minutes left. I think it's nice and sweet if/that we were mentioned in this third installment again, really looking forward to finishing this episode later.

Life'll get really busy again in a few days, so I'm happy episode 3 happened and I'm able to listen to it before that happens.

Hey everyone,

If you didn't take the time to read my recent post regarding the ability to download podcast episodes from my Google Drive, here is the link to do so:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ivNNDDfsj5U0NEQzB4cGVIaXc&authuser=0

All 11 episodes of the Fuwacast are located here, in addition to the 3 episodes that Tay and I recorded. I will not be uploading the "Get to Know Your Community" podcast episodes, however they will still be available on my Mixcloud account if you would like to listen to them there. In addition, all future episodes of the podcast will be uploaded to my Google Drive. Finally, I have added a link in the OP for easy access.

Thanks for listening!