translations you have sitting around unfinished

Wasn't really sure whether this should go under fan translations or under games & chatter.  So I'll try putting it here.

Just wondering what other translation "attempts" are sitting out there w/o actually being a project.  What kind of stuff, if any, do you have translated but it hasn't really gone anywhere?  And why hasn't it gone anywhere?

For me:

Trigger Heart Exelica Enhanced.

Why:  Lack of time.  It'll get done eventually.  But publishing is dependent on getting a good PS2 reverse-engineer or I guess I could hand the script files over to someone who's willing to re-format it into a nice Read-Along guide since there are no choices other than which girl's story you choose.

Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo.

Why:  Um, giving up hentai kind of makes it impossible for me to ever translate more than 50% of the game.  And I have no experience building a translation team.  You can see a screenshot of the English version on my blog.

Manga Guide to Lisp.

Why:  I got sick of the guy's HANDWRITTEN kanji that he just scanned in, it was taking forever.  And then I lost half the text files somehow.  A small part of it is still out there on the internet somewhere.

Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel.

Why:  Lack of time.  I don't want to work on another VN right now.  But after the 3rd route of Lamune, I was thinking of taking a break from it and doing this one.  VN only has one route btw.

I have the scripts for Immoral Little that I'm slowly attempting to translate on my own.

(Currently 2/38 scripts and about half of the 3rd one have been tl'd )

Why a nukige? Because I need a reward for my work that's why.

Mind you this is a personal project for now so don't take it too seriously or create any false hopes because as of now I have no plans on making a big deal out of it, it's just for myself for now.

The motivation and the laziness is mainly what keeps me from trying harder.  

I do like 20/30 lines at most and then get kind of unmotivated.

My japanese skill is very low so i use the dictionary a lot, this is also a learning experience after all.

I also occasionally translate short manga strips with my friend for the lulz.

But yeah that's as far as my "projects" have gone.

Yeah I didn't really mean well-known dropped projects, I mean stuff translators might have sitting around that hasn't really ever got off the ground...

If it's not just our own projects then Devils Devel Concept, was dropped on 25% but only 20% patch can be still found on internet. As I hear it nobady is pikining it up becouse of high difficulty Japanese it uses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...