Angel Beats really All Ages?

dannyboo

Hi there I just wanted to hear your opinion upon that..

I just skipped through the few sample CGs that Key has already shown us

and I'm wondering if these

sample_cg_vol1_iwasawa2_l.jpg

sample_cg_vol1_tensi_l.jpg

pictures can really be descriped as suitable for all ages. As I haven't read all that many Visual Novels yet I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter. Are many VNs rated as suitable for all ages when they contain CGs featuring violence and/or half naked girls?

I don't mind either but it's interesting since that would of course never happen with a rl movie.

Please tell me senpais ^_^

It's still undecided wether or not they'll make a version with h-content.

My guess is that if they do it'll be like Little Busters, 2 different versions of the novel

Some of those cgs could just be fanservice too.

Only 1 of them looked like a prelude to an h-scene

Well, where there's one there could be more. I don't mind either way since I really enjoyed Angel Beats! and if

they decide to put in h-content I wouldn't complain.

So the all ages rating on vndb is basically just a placeholder because they haven't decided yet?

In the official website it says all ages so it's not just a placeholder.

Hence why i believe there would be 2 versions if they chose to do h-content or else they wouldn't have revealed the rating yet.

I get your point. Maybe I should've taken a closer look at their website. Well, let's just hope they decide soon :)

I guess there are more than enough VNs I can read until they release the final product whatever rating it may have ^_^ 

All ages is only about sex scenes, not 'blood' or 'murder' scenes. Umineko, for example, isn't +18, while Kanon is. Regarding the first picture, Rewrite had a CG where Akane's panty was showed, but it's still All Ages and don't have sex scenes at all

I heard that in Japan there are only two age ratings, all-ages and 18+ and as long it doesn't have H-scenes and/or extreme violence it is all-ages. All others age ratings such as 12+, 15+, 17+ etc are originally rated all-ages in Japan but on sites meant for western audience they get those ratings from people from west and therforce those ratings are unofficial.

From those scenes I think there will be h-scenes. I think it would be cool if they released an 18+ version and an all-ages version at the same time, but that probably won't happen :P

I think it would be cool if they released a Kancolle VN that isn't all ages, but that will only ever be a dream...:(

Don't know how ratings in Japan work but ESRB would stamp this with an M rating easily.

I'd vote T for mild violence (blood is still prevalent) and suggestive themes...heck I even saw T have partial nudity these days.

I'd vote T for mild violence (blood is still prevalent) and suggestive themes...heck I even saw T have partial nudity these days.

They gave steins;gate an M rating because of partial nudity and suggestive themes and i think strong language.

Hence my reason to believe that a vn with high schoolers showing their underwear would most likely get an M. Not so much for the violence but the sexualization.

That is assuming they had those cgs. If they didn't it'd probably be T like you said.

I'd personally vote T too but you know how they are strict when it comes to sexualization outside of Japan.

They gave steins;gate an M rating because of partial nudity and suggestive themes and i think strong language.

Hence my reason to believe that a vn with high schoolers showing their underwear would most likely get an M. Not so much for the violence but the sexualization.

That is assuming they had those cgs. If they didn't it'd probably be T like you said.

I'd personally vote T too but you know how they are strict when it comes to sexualization outside of Japan.

You remember Soul Calibur 2? That was T and that had some pretty over the top girls (Taki, Ivy...need I say more?), so I don't really know anymore.

You remember Soul Calibur 2? That was T and that had some pretty over the top girls (Taki, Ivy...need I say more?), so I don't really know anymore.

I think the key difference is really the age the characters depicted are. In AB a lot of the girls are highschoolers, making them minors in a lot of countries and having them show their underwear would most likely earn an M.

In soul calibur 2 you don't have so much context regarding the characters (i think?) And they look much more mature so you can give it some slack.

But yeah i don't really know how their minds work. GTA is rated 16+ where i live :P so just whatever.

Jusy give us AB! We've been waiting for too long~

Don't know how ratings in Japan work but ESRB would stamp this with an M rating easily.

Well I informed myself a little about the matter of age rating in Japan.

So here is how it works.

Japan has two organizations when it comes to age rating of computer entertainment.

First one is Computer Entertainment Rating Organization (CERO) and it is in charge of age ratings of console games.

Second one is Ethics Organization of Computer Software (EOCS) and it is in charge of age ratings of PC games.

CERO's system of rating is this:

• A - (CERO: A) Suitable for everyone, regardless of age.
  • B - (CERO: B) Have content that may be suitable for ages 12 and older.
  • C - (CERO: C) Have content that may be suitable for ages 15 and older.
  • D - (CERO: D) Have content that may be suitable for ages 17 and older.
  • Z - (CERO: Z) Must be 18 or older.

EOCS's system of rating is this:

• General: All ages.
  • Restricted: Must be 15 or above.
  • 18+: Must be 18 or above.

You guys really think Kana Hanazawa, Eri Kitamura, Yui Makino and most of the other VAs will agree to voice an eroge? Out of the only names I saw there, I only know of one that does voice eroge and hentai.

Voice acting is an extremly respectable job in Japan.

I respect every single seiyuu that voices erotic content as well.

We don't know Key's final decision yet.

And Hanazawa Kana has done voices for quite some ecchi shows like To Love-Ru and Freezing.

Same thing with Eri Kitamura, you know the main loli in Kodomo no Jikan. Yeah..

The only one I don't know much about is Yui Makino

So if they did decide to make an 18+ version I don't think it'd shock me much if they were cast.

I believe it all comes down to Key's personal decision.

And Hanazawa Kana has done voices for quite some ecchi shows like To Love-Ru and Freezing.

So if they did decide to make an 18+ version I don't think it'd shock me much if they were cast.

I believe it all comes down to Key's decision.

Just cause they voice ecchi shows or voice a loli doesn't mean that they'll voice eroge. They have a reputation to uphold and I'm sure they won't want to ruin it by voicing stuff like that. Keep in mind that otaku are spiteful creatures.

Just cause they voice ecchi shows or voice a loli doesn't mean that they'll voice eroge. They have a reputation to uphold and I'm sure they won't want to ruin it by voicing stuff like that. Keep in mind that otaku are spiteful creatures.

Voicing a girl being groped by tentacles and moaning at it and voicing an h-scene doesn't seem like such a big difference in the way they would sound in my opinion.

I'm sure their fans would fap to them regardless.

But I get where you're coming from, having your name on an adult game is a little different than having it on an ecchi show.

Have the voice actresses for the heroines been shown yet though? I'm pretty sure they haven't.

It'd be a shame if they were different than the anime though.

I personally don't mind if Key decides not have h-scenes, I kind of just want to see the deep romance and the drama in this title to be honest. Because you know that's what Key is good at doing.

But those CGs, particularly the one where Masami is laying down with her clothes nearly falling off is very h-scene like.

Hence the speculation

Voicing a girl being groped by tentacles and moaning at it and voicing an h-scene doesn't seem like such a big difference in the way they would sound in my opinion.

I'm sure their fans would fap to them regardless.

But I get where you're coming from, having your name on an adult game is a little different than having it on an ecchi show.

Have the voice actresses for the heroines been shown yet though? I'm pretty sure they haven't.

It'd be a shame if they were different than the anime though.

I personally don't mind if Key decides not have h-scenes, I kind of just want to see the deep romance and the drama in this title to be honest. Because you know that's what Key is good at doing.

But those CGs, particularly the one where Masami is laying down with her clothes nearly falling off is very h-scene like.

Hence the speculation

I'm pretty sure the people who voiced the characters in the anime will voice the ones in the VN. That's one of the main selling points of the VN.

I believe it all comes down to Key's personal decision.

And I believe it has allredy been decided that it will be all-ages VN :rolleyes: . In the west it might be rated 12+ or 15+  but surly not 18+ . I mean one ecchi CG dosen't mean they gone from all ages to 18+ . They might do one 18+ version latter but at least first version to be released will be all ages one for sure.

And I believe it has allredy been decided that it will be all-ages VN :rolleyes: . In the west it might be rated 12+ or 15+  but surly not 18+ . I mean one ecchi CG dosen't mean they gone from all ages to 18+ . They might do one 18+ version latter but at least first version to be released will be all ages one for sure.

I know that there will be an all ages version for sure, that's not what i was doubting.

We're discussing a possibility of an extra version with h-content which I believe is possible due to that one particular CG with Masami.

The other CGs are just typical fanservice so I can't draw conclusion from them but the way Masami is laying on the floor with no bra and her shirt pulled up really implies an h-scene is coming up.

However Key has not yet disclosed a possibility of an 18+ version. They just said it hasn't been decided as far as I know.

Hence why people are speculating and why I said all we can do is wait for Key's decision because that's really what it boils down to.

I would be really surprised if they did an 18+ version. Well, at first I thought it was an adaptation of an anime but then I found out it was a Key property all along. I still find it unlikely due to the approach they've taken with the entire franchise. I honestly think they're done completely with 18+ content. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do another h-scene ever again.

I know that there will be an all ages version for sure, that's not what i was doubting.

We're discussing a possibility of an extra version with h-content which I believe is possible due to that one particular CG with Masami.

The other CGs are just typical fanservice so I can't draw conclusion from them but the way Masami is laying on the floor with no bra and her shirt pulled up really implies an h-scene is coming up.

However Key has not yet disclosed a possibility of an 18+ version. They just said it hasn't been decided as far as I know.

Hence why people are speculating and why I said all we can do is wait for Key's decision because that's really what it boils down to.

Well while I am not saying that there is no possability of 18+ version coming out latter I really doubt it will come out at a same time as all ages one as I never heard of VN that releases both all ages and 18+ version right from the start, there is usually at least 1 year gap between them. And considering that we don't even have a set date for first version yet I really doubt that they would create and release CG of version that they plan to release around 2 years in a future or latter. So at least theory that that CG is part of H-scene is higly unlikely.

I would be really surprised if they did an 18+ version. Well, at first I thought it was an adaptation of an anime but then I found out it was a Key property all along. I still find it unlikely due to the approach they've taken with the entire franchise. I honestly think they're done completely with 18+ content. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do another h-scene ever again.

Yeah Key needs to lay off the h-scenes.

Well while I am not saying that there is no possability of 18+ version coming out latter I really doubt it will come out at a same time as all ages one as I never heard of VN that releases both all ages and 18+ version right from the start, there is usually at least 1 year gap between them. And considering that we don't even have a set date for first version yet I really doubt that they would create and release CG of version that they plan to release around 2 years in a future or latter. So at least theory that that CG is part of H-scene is higly unlikely.

Well I can't find any logical explanation for why Masami is laying down on the floor dressed like that and making that face

Though theories are welcomed.

Yeah Key needs to lay off the h-scenes.

Well I can't find any logical explanation for why Masami is laying down on the floor dressed like that and making that face

Though theories are welcomed.

She gotten sick and fell down and key decided to use that moment to give some FS. Her red face might be result of high temperature she is even having her hand on her forehead.

PS: If Key dosen't decide on release date soon we could get all CGs and guess witch event occurred around it  :D  .

PPS: Wird lag just happend I posted my post and half of it disapirrd.