VN Suggestions

CaptainBigButt

Hi guys!

I recently finished Grisaia no Kajitsu and I'm nearing the end of G-senjou no Maou. Both of these have been fantastic (and Shinigami no Testament looks good too, but isn't translated as of now). I suppose I'm interested in any fully translated eroge with an appealing story to it that's more than plain old romance and/or slice of life. Anything with an interesting story that doesn't have a horribly depressing ending please. I haven't read many [interesting] novels other than the two above, so anything helps.

Thanks guys!

Ah, I wasn't aware of that, sorry. Still, I did look at that list although it's just a huge link dump with hundreds of links. Pardon my lethargy, but I'm not sure it's effective for finding something appealing.

He means the recommendations sticky, not the list of english translated VNs.

Welp

In the process of reading it right now, Ayakashibito is pretty cool as Clephas said (but a lot of SoL mixed in where I am right now after a seriously chuu2 start).

Ever17, still the best I've read. Somewhat depending on reader, but then again everything is. Trapped in a life-and-death situation, multiple route mystery, damn cool true ending.

Rewrite. Very long comedic common route (with threads of mystery and hints at stuff going on behind the scenes), but gets pretty srs afterwards.

Steins;Gate. While I consider it somewhat overrated, it's still pretty good. Really annoying choice system. Has a fantl and an officially localized release (which used fantl members iirc.)

999, nine persons nine doors nine hours (I probably ordered the doors, persons and goddamn hours wrong). Ever17 lite, advise you to read Ever17 first. DS game, has interactive adventure gameplay between VN sections. Can be comfortably emulated using desmume if you feel like that.

Fate/Stay Night. Type-Moon's flagship title, cool battles, philosophy at times. Lots of bad endings that end up with you being killed, but you can get genuinely good ends (if you ignore the implications of some things that happened, in some cases...) for all three routes. The bad ends are part of the fun, so I recommend going at it without a walkthrough (the tiger dojo hint corner you get when you die will tell you what went wrong, so you should always read it.

• 1 month later...

999, nine persons nine doors nine hours (I probably ordered the doors, persons and goddamn hours wrong). Ever17 lite, advise you to read Ever17 first. DS game, has interactive adventure gameplay between VN sections. Can be comfortably emulated using desmume if you feel like that.

You did.

Correction: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

999, nine persons nine doors nine hours (I probably ordered the doors, persons and goddamn hours wrong). Ever17 lite, advise you to read Ever17 first. 

The only reason I can approve this is because if you read 999 first your expectations will be too high for E17.