Sub-categories for specific types of VN

Clephas

I propose that sub-forums be constructed for the discussion of the major types and genres of VN. That way, if people are looking for a particular type of VN, they'll know where to ask. The sub-categories I suggest are Moege, Nakige, Utsuge, Action (possible sub-category within this one for Chuuni?), Nukige, VNs with Gameplay, and Odd One Out (for types that don't quite fit into any of the genres, like Namima no Kuni no Faust).

For descriptions of each:

Moege: VNs where moe factors are the driving force of the game (imouto, mimikko, etc.)

Nakige: VNs where cathartic release is a primarily element, but where the endings are generally 'good'

Utsuge: VNs where the story is fairly depressing and where endings tend to bring out feelings of sadness.

Action: VNs with strong action elements at the center of the story.

Chuuni?: Games with a strong sense that everything centers around the protagonist or where he plays an absolutely vital role in the setting, and where there is a strong sense of melodrama to the story

Nukige: VNs where the focus of the game is sex and ero in general (most often at the cost of weakening the story greatly)

VNs with Gameplay: VNs where gameplay elements such as strategy, turn-based rpg combat, or platforming are included.

This is certainly an interesting suggestion. Our recent experiment to break the site up into smaller bits was positively received by many users, but ultimately Aaeru felt that until the site had a wider contributing base, it would be best to hold off any segregation. When she gets back, I'm sure she'll consider the idea, but it may be a little while before it's implemented.