Magical Marriage Lunatics! Official TL Thread

JeMhUnTeR

i think they just decided to work on translating the game without making alot of propaganda.
with the common route done & another translator on board they might have good chances to strike a deal with mg (if the quality is satisfying) like they told us.
you also dont hear too much from the koihime tl team aside from their fb page.
at the end of the day ONLY results do matter.
senor insemnator loved bitching bout his suuuuper progress of dracu riot & what did we get at the end?

• 2 months later...

This project has been declared Dropped as the staff has pretty much lost contact and is no longer updating the thread.

Unless the project leader or someone from the team who steps up as project leader says otherwise (feel free to tell me via PM or post here), this project is, for all intents and purposes, dead/stalled forever.

Translator here(Zephryion), I was busy with exams the past few months and the team sort of disappeared in that time. The former leader, rski, got into the military last year so Kimanor was the new leader. I haven't heard from the leader or other members in months. So the project is essentially dead, sadly. I still have the scripts though if anyone else wants to take this project.

Translator here(Zephryion), I was busy with exams the past few months and the team sort of disappeared in that time. The former leader, rski, got into the military last year so Kimanor was the new leader. I haven't heard from the leader or other members in months. So the project is essentially dead, sadly. I still have the scripts though if anyone else wants to take this project.

That's fantastic. And the exact reason we have these Archives so people can pick project back up.

May this project not completely die just yet.

Just curious, did anyone ever get in contact with someone from mangagamer?

Yeah, pretty sure Kimanor did. The details are a bit foggy to me, but last year mangagamer was going to send someone to check our work to check out how well we were doing then maybe send in someone to TLC. But I don't think any of that happened yet, and I'm not sure why. Kimanor should know the details though.

• 2 months later...

It is somewhat difficult to explain without blaming certain parties. The reason this translation project was discontinued may very well have been due to MangaGamer, though I would like to think that if my suspicions were true, then it was doomed to fail from the start. Prepare for a long story (probably).

I contacted MangaGamer about our project so that we could receive some TLC, something we were dying to obtain at the time. They agreed to *take a look* at one of the scenes we had finished translating and editing, and when I sent the files to them, I noticed a lot of unfamiliar usernames browsing the files (Nawhal, for example). I was pleased to see that there were few "glaring issues" as they said, but they alerted me to one translation in particular that sounded strange. Before notifying the translators to review the segment of the scene, I quickly ran the line under a machine translator, Google in this case. What I discovered wasn't what I wanted to see. I saw that the translated line was, word for word, what the translator had written. I can only guess that it this translator had being using a machine TL the entire time, somehow dealing with the test. This particular translator had also done the majority of the translation I had edited, and that was a lot.

I did try looking for more translators and TLCs to help out, but I couldn't find any. MangaGamer never did contact me again either.

We do still have the script, which definitely has some quality translations and editing, like Zephy's TL for example. I hope someone does pick up this project again, as it was a pretty good Moege.

kind of sad to hear this.

Could you not ask a another translator to check the translation.

And by checking i mean taking a representative sample of lines.

IF you pick these lines at random and filter out the lines longer than 2 or 3 words, you should be able to get a fairly accurate sample of the translation.

Then run these lines past google translate and check if the match, if the majority dont match at all let them be checked by a slightly more experienced translator.

This should get you a decent idea wether the translation is accurate it google translate was only used in case of very difficult lines or wether he was bogus.

Whenever a moege tl is dropped, I cry inside. :(

What Kim is saying however brings some hope to the table. The script is there and there's some stuff properly translated.
I'd say this project qualifies as stalled or shelved rather than dropped. It's likely someone might pick it up if you put up a recruitment post in
TL board, creative corner or both.

Let us hope someone completes this one. I was really looking forward to it. :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...