Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

But you're an M, why shouldn't I hurt you... back on topic I have 10k points atm so should get that Umi at least. Been playing pretty shit, so I wonder if I'll be able to fc event song again when I get mah umi (and il have to for even a chance of remaining in top2k scores)

My bad guys I re-read the information several times and it seems I have been misleaded into giving some very misleading information :unsure: . Turns out that only the overall stat should be considered. But seeing as cards of same attribute gives a x1.1 bonus, I should be placing my same attribute cards at slots of higher note distributions to get that additional bonus. Also, I should disregard the difference in points between these same attribute cards and just arrange them randomly as I am still getting the same x1.1 bonus from them anyway.

Did I get it right this time?

Well, now I feel kinda stupid for arranging my team based on my own lil 'theory' before playing any song. I had to set up for 5 minutes before I was even ready to start a song EVERY SINGLE TIME. And to think I'm getting the same amount of points if I were to just arrange it based on attribute. Half the time and half the effort  <_<

Let's imagine you want to play a cool song. 

Every time a circle (that is blue in this case) hits a blue card, the score that note gives you is multiplied by 1.1

The actual stat of that card is irrelevant, as long as the color matches it will get a 1.1 bonus.

The base score you'd get normally with that note (1.0 multiplier) is calculated beforehand by your team's total stat of that attribute.

(I'm going to make up numbers here)

So let's imagine your team has 30.000 cool points and you're playing a cool song but your unit is not all cool cards.

If a regular blue circle hits a red/green card, you will get, let's say 500 points from it if you get a perfect.

But if a regular blue circle hits a blue card you will get, let's say 600 points from it if you get a perfect.

The 1.1 multiplier is for single notes and is only affected by a card's attribute, not stat.

The overall stat of your team is what factors in the base scoring each note would give you, not the card's individual stat.

Hope i did this right.

I'd like to ask something, just so that I am sure that I understand it right. I have a UR Umi with quite decent smile/pure stats besides cool, and I run her in all my teams because of her love arrow shot skill. Now, lets say I play a smile song, if I place her in a spot which doesn't get alot of notes, and I place my smile cards in spots with alot of notes, my UR Umi will get the 1.0 amplifier and my smile cards still get the 1.1 amplifier right?

And if I have a smile card with 3000 smile and a cool card with 3050 smile I should prioritize the smile card because of the 1.1 amplifier?

I'd like to ask something, just so that I am sure that I understand it right. I have a UR Umi with quite decent smile/pure stats besides cool, and I run her in all my teams because of her love arrow shot skill. Now, lets say I play a smile song, if I place her in a spot which doesn't get alot of notes, and I place my smile cards in spots with alot of notes, my UR Umi will get the 1.0 amplifier and my smile cards still get the 1.1 amplifier right?

And if I have a smile card with 3000 smile and a cool card with 3050 smile I should prioritize the smile card because of the 1.1 amplifier?

Yes. Pretty much.

Also just S ranked Mogyutto!

Let's see if I get any Rares around this time.

Edit: Nope! not even once.

Guess my luck streak broke.

Edit2: Another 10 student draw.

Aaand no rares once again.

The way it works, you place the best available leader in the middle (in accordance to song's main stat as well), weakest cards around her and the strongest on far sides for maximum score; though it depends on the song and number of hits/notes, it's the most efficient setup in most cases. In a lot of situations, good guest character makes a huge difference as well.

I'm slowly starting to train in hard songs right now, since I was mainly avoiding them so far; when the event ends I won't cry anymore to lose LP on them. The funny thing was that after grinding the first song in hard and finally getting a good grip, then reverting back to later, normal songs made me feel their earlier, more difficult parts a piece of cake. Practice makes perfect, indeed.

On a sidenote, they should add some sort of an unlimited training mode for different difficulties so players could finally have some sort of a sandbox to train; right now you basically have to sacrifice your precious LP in the beggining to be able to learn during hardmode song playthroughs and there's a really low chance anyone will do them perfectly on first try; at times it can become frustrating.

How you arrange your team will also affect your score. For instance take the event song as an example:

LPoZXJ6.jpg

The number corresponds to note distribution throughout the song where a higher note distribution equates to more notes hitting that particular member slot. Thus, it's wise to place members of your team with the highest Smile/Cool/Pure points on the slot with the highest note distribution as they will be able to score more points with the exception of the center which should be your highest rarity card (SR/UR) for highest boost. If you are having dilemmas with adding members of different attributes just remember that having cards of same attributes net you x1.1 points so just multiply all same attribute cards by that factor and arrange your team from high to low based on the new calculated values. This will net you the maximum amount of points for each song. I hope this helps  :P

Wait, it's 1.1 times the individual's score, not the team?? I always jut put my off-trait ones on the lowest and didnt organize the rest, but you're saying that I should put my top Cool on the highest hit circle, and my second highest on the second highest hit circle, etc (minus of course the center which is the highest rarity)?

ok I read on and it turned out to be the way I originally thought it was. Woofta, worried me. Though, I would personally kind of like it if it were the other way. I think getting the details just right to maximize your score is really fun, even if it takes time. Also it would be another chance for me to take advantage of the lazier players xD

Does anyone have a UR Hanayo? no one on my friends list has one t.t

I thought there was someone here with the UR Hanayo. And when I need an UR leader, I just keep picking the song and backing out until someone's UR appears for me to use.

If you want, you can add me (Sylvian) for the UR Umi, I have her in my main team almost always.

Edit: Just scouted 1 student for lols, got a rare Umi. :P

If you want, you can add me (Sylvian) for the UR Umi, I have her in my main team almost always.

Edit: Just scouted 1 student for lols, got a rare Umi. :P

You're ID isnt on the first page.

still need hanayo? if yes, juz ad me then =w=

UR pure isn't the biggest worry since I have arakura added who has one as well, but I sent a friend request anyway since it's more friend points instead of reusing the same person for score.

Looks like the 17k reward will be my last tier, which is two love gems (not bad)

You're ID isnt on the first page. UR pure isn't the biggest worry since I have arakura added who has one as well, but I sent a friend request anyway since it's more friend points instead of reusing the same person for score.

Looks like the 17k reward will be my last tier, which is two love gems (not bad)

oh, ok. i juz accepted. sorry tat i misunderstand ur post.

they didn't release the 4x ver. of the song... anybody know why ? the game need more difficulty :P

The 4x ver. just gives four times the event points, it's exactly the same gameplay as the normal Hard version. 

Harder difficulty would be the Expert version, which hopefully we will get for the Love Novels event! EX Love Novels is really fun.

I don't think they added Expert for a while in the Japanese version, right?

I failed a song because my phone had a heart attack (not enough ram) and my screen froze on the middle of Mermaid Festa at the fast part. Byebye 90min. I now have an app installed that protects my games from having ram stolen from them. Hopefully it actually works.

The 4x ver. just gives four times the event points, it's exactly the same gameplay as the normal Hard version. 

Harder difficulty would be the Expert version, which hopefully we will get for the Love Novels event! EX Love Novels is really fun.

I think by 4x he meant the 4th slot which would correspond to the expert difficulty if you read the difficulties from left to right.

But yeah I'd like to see the expert difficulty as well. It just would make the game much more fun.

And the amount of exp you get for clearing the harder ones is substantially increased.

Did the Jap version always have expert or was it added later?