Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

I don't like the name Eli, it sounds a lot more like Eri when they say it in the anime and when they write Eli it just doesn't match for me.

And her name in romanji is most definitely Eri

They just converted it to Li because of the whole non distinction between L and R in japanese for westerners.

If you google Ayase Eli google suggests Eri instead as well.

Maybe that's just me but for the longest time Eri has always been Eri in my brain.

Here is my team, I can't use fonds though since I am in an ipad and it is a bit of a hassle

Smile : Nico (UR), Maki (SR idolized), Maki (SR), Kotori (SR), Rin (SR), Umi (SR), Honoka (idolized smile), Rin (idolized smile), kotori (idolized smile)

Pure : Kotori (SR), Maki (SR idolized), Rin (SR), Nico (UR), Hanayo (Idolized pure), Nozomi (Idolized pure), Rin (Idolized pure), Umi (idolized pure), Umi (SR)

Cool : Maki (SR idolized), Maki (SR), Umi (SR), Kotori (SR), Maki (idolized cool), Kotori (idolized cool), Nico (UR), Nico (idolized cool), Eli (cool)

Only few of them are actually max levelled so still kinda noobish

@nosebleed No worries we can aim for the next event SR Nico together! I will definitely blow loveca to make sure I get to idolize her

Xv3ZXJp.jpg

nUHkK3L.jpg

I've been wondering but is that a panda Nico or something? Looks kinda like a panda bear but I can't be too sure.. Could be a penguin too  <_<

Let's hope so.

@JkR

Yes! The animal edition Nico is MY ALL TIME FAVORITE.

If that's the card they're giving away, i WILL empty my wallet if I have to.

And yes it is panda Nico.

Found another cute manga strip~

97X77iw.jpg

Eri: Wait. Just wait here for a bit.

(Maki's saying something about Eri being weak in the dark, can't really properly translate it because #japanesenoob but you get the idea)

Nico: *shaking*

Maki: Nico-chan.. are you scared?

Here is my team, I can't use fonds though since I am in an ipad and it is a bit of a hassle

Smile : Nico (UR), Maki (SR idolized), Maki (SR), Kotori (SR), Rin (SR), Umi (SR), Honoka (idolized smile), Rin (idolized smile), kotori (idolized smile)

Pure : Kotori (SR), Maki (SR idolized), Rin (SR), Nico (UR), Hanayo (Idolized pure), Nozomi (Idolized pure), Rin (Idolized pure), Umi (idolized pure), Umi (SR)

Cool : Maki (SR idolized), Maki (SR), Umi (SR), Kotori (SR), Maki (idolized cool), Kotori (idolized cool), Nico (UR), Nico (idolized cool), Eli (cool)

Only few of them are actually max levelled so still kinda noobish

So a lot of those are wrong attribute? I guess that's what happens when the game gives you too many SRs, but I didn't even put either of my Cool SRs in my Smile team since I'd rather get that 1.1x bonus for having Smiles instead.

So a lot of those are wrong attribute? I guess that's what happens when the game gives you too many SRs, but I didn't even put either of my Cool SRs in my Smile team since I'd rather get that 1.1x bonus for having Smiles instead.

yeah I dont have one team which have the same attributes.

1.1x? Is that why when I want to play a song the attribute suddenly increases?

yeah I dont have one team which have the same attributes.

1.1x? Is that why when I want to play a song the attribute suddenly increases?

The 1.1x bonus is for the notes.

When a circle hits a card of the same attribute the score of that circle is multiplied by 1.1

The attribute when you're selecting a song is solely based on the total attribute points of your unit, regardless if your unit has different attributes or not it's all about the total of the attribute.

How you arrange your team will also affect your score. For instance take the event song as an example:

LPoZXJ6.jpg

The number corresponds to note distribution throughout the song where a higher note distribution equates to more notes hitting that particular member slot. Thus, it's wise to place members of your team with the highest Smile/Cool/Pure points on the slot with the highest note distribution as they will be able to score more points with the exception of the center which should be your highest rarity card (SR/UR) for highest boost. If you are having dilemmas with adding members of different attributes just remember that having cards of same attributes net you x1.1 points so just multiply all same attribute cards by that factor and arrange your team from high to low based on the new calculated values. This will net you the maximum amount of points for each song. I hope this helps  :P

I never went too in depth and just threw my off-attribute cards on the parts that get less notes since I didn't know each card's individual stats effect how much each circle is worth, so I arranged my team just for this song just now.

Gonna make an edited image, would have deleted the post and posted the image when I had it ready, but looks like I can't delete.

edit

wjHw5hb.png

KueVlZh.jpg

For the sake of an example

How you arrange your team will also affect your score. For instance take the event song as an example:

LPoZXJ6.jpg

The number corresponds to note distribution throughout the song where a higher note distribution equates to more notes hitting that particular member slot. Thus, it's wise to place members of your team with the highest Smile/Cool/Pure points on the slot with the highest note distribution as they will be able to score more points with the exception of the center which should be your highest rarity card (SR/UR) for highest boost. If you are having dilemmas with adding members of different attributes just remember that having cards of same attributes net you x1.1 points so just multiply all same attribute cards by that factor and arrange your team from high to low based on the new calculated values. This will net you the maximum amount of points for each song. I hope this helps  :P

Its very helpful! i've been trying to get the top 200 of the song event ranking and I hope I can make it with this info

@Ceris Thanks for posting that! Would have did one myself but am currently busy being buried under piles and piles of assignments which are all due tomorrow  :(

Its very helpful! i've been trying to get the top 200 of the song event ranking and I hope I can make it with this info

It's very frustrating when you miss the top 200 cut by a few thousand points. I missed the Kotori event song cutoff by a mere 1.5k points, browsed through the wiki page and what do you know I found out that if I actually optimized my Pure team I could have scored higher, was so mad at myself at that time! Anyways all the best in your attempt for top 200! If all goes well I should be able to maintain my rank within the top 200, hopefully. There was a huge increase in song rankings during the last day of the Kotori event so I'm expecting it to happen this time around as well. I'm still perplexed though to how this happen though as to score significantly higher they need to have a significantly stronger team as well, they could be hiding their best cards or something  :ph34r:  idk..

Iirc the note value is /not/ affected by the stat of the individual member hitting the note, only by the color and the overall stats of the whole team. Please don't be silly and go on a micromanaging spree with no reason guys.

Also, that jp comic... Maki's most likely saying more or less "Uhhhh... Nico, are you scared of the darkness too?" - the other one being scared was Eri as you said earlier. も, such particle ~

Guess i got too literal on the translation and didn't put it in context. Maki is asking Nico if she is scared too though, i just could have worded it better to fit the joke.

Again, #japanesenoob :P

And i totally missed that も now that I look back on it. Such fail.

Iirc the note value is /not/ affected by the stat of the individual member hitting the note, only by the color and the overall stats of the whole team. Please don't be silly and go on a micromanaging spree with no reason guys.

Also, that jp comic... Maki's most likely saying more or less "Uhhhh... Nico, are you scared of the darkness too?" - the other one being scared was Eri as you said earlier. も, such particle ~

Unless I'm understanding this wrongly, I think the scoring is affected by the stat if the individual member. Could someone give this a quick read and check if I'm interpreting it wrongly?

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Scoring

I read it already and you're wrong. The line that confuses you is probably

M is attribute of the member the note is directed toward, and is equal to 1.00 if the attributes of the song and the member do not match, or 1.10 if they do match.

But in this case, you merely have to look at the second part of the sentence the realize your error. "attribute" means "if it's smile, cool or pure" here.

Look at the formula again.

Better yet, just try calculating note value using the stat of a single member, and you'll realize you get something ridiculously small.

Let's imagine you want to play a cool song. 

Every time a circle (that is blue in this case) hits a blue card, the score that note gives you is multiplied by 1.1

The actual stat of that card is irrelevant, as long as the color matches it will get a 1.1 bonus.

The base score you'd get normally with that note (1.0 multiplier) is calculated beforehand by your team's total stat of that attribute.

(I'm going to make up numbers here)

So let's imagine your team has 30.000 cool points and you're playing a cool song but your unit is not all cool cards.

If a regular blue circle hits a red/green card, you will get, let's say 500 points from it if you get a perfect.

But if a regular blue circle hits a blue card you will get, let's say 600 points from it if you get a perfect.

The 1.1 multiplier is for single notes and is only affected by a card's attribute, not stat.

The overall stat of your team is what factors in the base scoring each note would give you, not the card's individual stat.

Hope i did this right.

Unless I'm understanding this wrongly, I think the scoring is affected by the stat if the individual member. Could someone give this a quick read and check if I'm interpreting it wrongly?

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Scoring

I was just taking your word for it, JkR, but they're right. The score isn't determined by individual stats. Guess the 15min I took to set up the picture and team was a waste of time.

Tried playing Love Live's first OP on osu! and it brings too much feels...