Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

So I just spent a couple hours to read this entire fanfic, holy crap was it sweet and engaging. I haven't read one this good since that Diamond Princess no Yuutsu one.

I suggest you read it if you like Nico and Maki, it's very well detailed.

Though I'm not usually a fan of 2nd person narrative, I thought this one in particular was well put together and really felt like the protagonist was still Maki.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3328289

Warning: There's touchy touchy time in it, but the build up to it is pretty good anyway. There's also some slightly more crude language (scarce but used a bit in some instances) but I think it ended up fitting with the theme, contrasting with their innocent selves. Just so you don't get caught off guard. But I thought it was very well put together even then. 

This made my day :D

Picture because I haven't showered this thread with enough Nico Maki yet

2L71oK0.jpg

Rin pumps her fist into the air.  “We need something new, nya!”

“Kayo-chin just wants to eat more rice balls, nya!”

“T-That’s not true!  Well…”  Hanayo shrinks back

“Rin likes this idea, nya!”  You watch as Rin hugs Hanayo from behind, rubbing their cheeks together.  “Rin is going to show Kayo-chin lots and lots of love!  Then everybody is going to love how much we love each other, nya!”

(combine the line.......)

It's been a while since we spammed images (like, months), Nosebleed, we should go back to daily images :makina:I have been slacking with building my Love Live image folder, and can't remember if I ever posted this one here as I've had it for a bit, but whatever.BxCBq5m.jpg

My laptop thought it would be fun to overheat yesterday during the stream, so I didn't get to thank everyone who was there and made it such a fun evening for me. Congrats again to Ceris!

And welcome to another fellow rice lover. Excellent taste. ;) Some gaming communities can be scary for people who don't feel "pro" enough, but SIF definitely isn't one of them. We're all sticking together in idol hell. The more people share their unlucky draws and 1 Good preventing FC moments, the better.

It's nice to meet another rice worshipper, because everytime i saw poll or something hanayo always be the last girl (except the recent poll which she won vote in JP ver I was surprised cause Idk she has lot of fans in the original country)

And fuwanovel seems have a lot of rice worshipper too so i'd be happier to join

Btw Happy Birthday for you my fellow rice friend! Let's celebrate by eating rice together

Another Hanayo fan! I love how, despite Rin and Hanayo being the two least popular in the whole franchise, they are such common favorites here on Fuwanovel :mare: Seriously, seeing Rin or Hanayo support makes me happy :D

No need to be shy thinking you aren't "pro" enough, we're all varying levels of skill here! Yes, I'm talking to you, Lurker-sans~

Yeah I think they're underrated everywhere but here is such a nice forum for a desperate rinpana lover like me

And to know that some masters here actually stan hanayo makes me even happier lol

Congrats to you guys who got sakura hanayo

I've saved my lovecas all the way for this gacha event and did 2x10+1 scouts

But i didn't get her, I wish I could get her someday, since it's my fav UR so far...

Thanks so much everyone for the birthday wishes and pics. What a rice day it is. <3

I suffered through a lot more draws that only gave me the guaranteed SR. I got to idolize a bunch of new SRs (I love the new Eli!), but also had to deal with repeats and whatnot, but then... then it happened. The Rice Goddess appeared.

7dIjCkv.png

ZnD5uJB.png

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm gonna save the remaining gems for EXP, events or other draws. For now, I'm definitely happy enough. I know it's RNG, but still, thanks to everyone who wished me luck and supported me throughout this madness, haha.

omg the kayochin spams my heart can't take...

jk I'll take everything

@mania: omg! it's a birthday luck I guess, congrats!! now I'm even wanting that card more....

I'm so confused to burn money for some draws or not

Congratulations on the idolized Kayochin!! She looks so pretty!

Also, that's pretty lucky, Yoki, considering how rare event SRs are www

Yeah I guess, still would've liked a Rin more xD

LEmCXFj.jpg

Aww c'mon 8D

Edit: I almost FCd Mermaid Festa on Expert but my heart started beating so fast that I missed one of the last notes. #sadlife

E5FGHdj.jpg

I'm smelling Yuri <3

Random translations round 1, I'll probably do more sometime.

There's no chronological order for these, they're all individual strips.

pyhwIBH.jpg

L3OOHzy.jpg

Y7zre4v.jpg

HjcxyW4.jpg

mUhN8f3.jpg

9wRGNOp.jpg

*Oden is basically a soup, you're not meant to drink it like it's juice but use it for food, I'm guessing Arisa didn't know that because her Japanese isn't great yet.

**At the end Arisa said "Yukiho daisuki" with huge bold letters, I'm not exaggerating her expression of love in any way :P

huFqjWv.jpg

These made me realise how great Yukiho and Arisa are. They're such adorable little sisters~

Thanks you translating those, that pixiv artist has been spamming them. You said You were on break from translating so I never asked.

Typo in translation, you put praised instead of praise. She's doing wishful thinking, it hasn't happened yet.

Typo in translation, you put praised instead of praise. She's doing wishful thinking, it hasn't happened yet.

This is an If clause type 2 sentence. [if + Simple Past, main clause with Conditional (would + Infinitive)]

I reversed the order, though.

Here's the sentence in the regular order: "If Umi-chan also praised me, it would be nice"

If + Simple Past + Conditional (would) with infinitive

"It would be nice if Umi-chan also praise me" is wrong.

Oh, I didn't know this was the yuri thread   <_<

All I see is friendship :(

I want to point out that Arisa is from Russia which it a country that has a more western concept of saying "I love you", as in, it doesn't carry that stigma of  "I love you in a romantic way" if you say it casually. Unlike the Japanese which refrain from saying things like that so casually unless they're really close friends, and even then it's kind of embarrassing.

Hence why Arisa probably just blurted it out without thinking too hard about it and Yukiho was kind of embarrassed.

The word "suki" in Japanese doesn't necessarly mean "I love you, marry me pls", it's just a normal like. You'd use the same word to say you like cake for example.

Though you can still use "suki" when you  ask someone out or confess to them no problem and it's actually the most common way of doing it, but that's obviously not the nuance here.

The word "daisuki" is just a bigger version of suki, basically means "really like", it still does not necessarly imply romantic feelings in a casual scenario. It just means you really like something/someone.

The only word in Japanese that almost always implies romantic feelings is the verb "aishiteru" (to love someone in a romantic way) which is hardly ever used outside of the contest of "I love you so much I want to make you my waifu". Even when you confess to someone you would hardly use this word, it's mostly for couples only.

So yeah, this is clearly friendship.

You should say you love your friends. :sachi:

I want to point out that Arisa is from Russia which it a country that has a more western concept of saying "I love you", as in, it doesn't carry that stigma of  "I love you in a romantic way" if you say it casually. Unlike the Japanese which refrain from saying things like that so casually unless they're really close friends, and even then it's kind of embarrassing.

Hence why Arisa probably just blurted it out without thinking too hard about it and Yukiho was kind of embarrassed.

The word "suki" in Japanese doesn't necessarly mean "I love you, marry me pls", it's just a normal like. You'd use the same word to say you like cake for example.

Though you can still use "suki" when you  ask someone out or confess to them no problem and it's actually the most common way of doing it, but that's obviously not the nuance here.

The word "daisuki" is just a bigger version of suki, basically means "really like", it still does not necessarly imply romantic feelings in a casual scenario. It just means you really like something/someone.

The only word in Japanese that almost always implies romantic feelings is the verb "aishiteru" (to love someone in a romantic way) which is hardly ever used outside of the contest of "I love you so much I want to make you my waifu". Even when you confess to someone you would hardly use this word, it's mostly for couples only.

So yeah, this is clearly friendship.

You should say you love your friends. :sachi:

Ah okay, that makes sense. You're so knowledgeable, Nosebleed-sama  :kosame:

I really don't love them though  :wafuu: