Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

So, my companion phone of 2 years has finally kicked the bucket. The screen died and won't turn on any more, so I'm stuck without a half decent phone at best, since my old one is just complete garbage. On the plus side, after charging my old phone, I found some legacy stuff.

uD3On7E.png

The original title screen, pre-Takaramonos, where the song that played was just the default bgm in the main menu. 

I kind of don't want to update the app on my phone because then I'd lose this nostalgic piece of SIF history.

Edited by Ceris

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Jade said:

Umi solo scout.

Since it's been a while since i actually do a 10 scout, i might as well as do it one time

bfVm3s8.jpg

...... should've not bother to do it :rubycry:

Did you only do the 50 gem scout or the 30 gem scout? I hope you didn't miss the page that lets you scout 10+1 for 30 gems.

1 hour ago, Ceris said:

Did you only do the 50 gem scout or the 30 gem scout? I hope you didn't miss the page that lets you scout 10+1 for 30 gems.

....... There's such page?

I didn't even know :rubycry:

Gonna tr-

S8hIR3R.jpg

:rubycry:

To add insult to injury, she came again when i do 5 blue tickets scout

14 minutes ago, Ceris said:

EN introduced what JP did for Hanayo's birthday, it's called Step Up and you can scout 30 gems, then 40, and then 50, the 50 scout is guaranteed SSR. Once you use those 3 scouts, the other page is limitless 10+1s, 50 gems each.

Yeah didnt know that :wafuu:

Not gonna spend more gems though, i still need to spend another 50 in the next UR Kotori rate up, not to mention Eli's and Nozomi's birthday scout :vinty:

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jade said:

In other news the new SM score ranking remind me bow bad am i at this game

I thought it will be a nice addition and raise good competition, but it's a fucking joke. So far, I was in the top 1500 players, only to fall down below 5k yesterday and never return back. It seems the system does not tier, nor match players accordingly to their skill level, but does so completely randomly by choosing them from an available roster of online players with similiar scores. This makes no sense, because I can't compete with whales and other players can even dream of competing with me. Normally, we all have a predefined level from start, we're able to achieve and won't ever go higher, because we'll get blocked by players who can score more due to their team setups. Furthermore, you got almost nothing from FC'ing a song. This system is incredibly flawed and unfair, as it creates scenarios, where skill doesn't matter at all and you can literally get pushed behind just by an unlucky streak of RNG. This happened to me. Now, I have issues to even get past 3-4k, because I typically earn 120-250 points being topmost FC and can lose as much as 500 and more, when I get matched with people I shouldn't even ever get matched with. This is nonsense.

Old system was at least good, because your topmost score defined your place in the song ranking. Now you have not only that, but you have to compete with other players, you have completely no impact on and a single fuck-up or stupidity on matching system's side can literally drop you off a tier in the very last moment, you'd normally fully deserve to be within.

Edited by Narcosis

Agree with everything above. The SM Pt system is a good idea, and it works a little nicer in JP where there's simply a much larger pool of players to match against to make a better average, but EN's version just sucks. I'll either get matched with people 1k pts above me (keep in mind I was 16.5k rank 300 at the time) and ended up dropping 1.5k points in just 3 matches. I've been griping and moaning this whole event about how unfair it is.

On a not-complaining note:

tV4g20u.png

I'm ready for the Ruby UR after this event. 

On a completely unrelated note, I've been playing SIF less because I've been hooked on a newly released anime music game, BanG Dream's mobile app or Bandori for short.

The series has outstanding music and has fun gameplay, sorta plays like the iM@S Cinderella Girls game combined with standard down scrolling rhythm style (looks like Guitar Hero actually)

For an example of one of my favorite songs. Pretty much been playing this a ton.

6 hours ago, Narcosis said:

I thought it will be a nice addition and raise good competition, but it's a fucking joke. So far, I was in the top 1500 players, only to fall down below 5k yesterday and never return back. It seems the system does not tier, nor match players accordingly to their skill level, but does so completely randomly by choosing them from an available roster of online players with similiar scores. This makes no sense, because I can't compete with whales and other players can even dream of competing with me. Normally, we all have a predefined level from start, we're able to achieve and won't ever go higher, because we'll get blocked by players who can score more due to their team setups. Furthermore, you got almost nothing from FC'ing a song. This system is incredibly flawed and unfair, as it creates scenarios, where skill doesn't matter at all and you can literally get pushed behind just by an unlucky streak of RNG. This happened to me. Now, I have issues to even get past 3-4k, because I typically earn 120-250 points being topmost FC and can lose as much as 500 and more, when I get matched with people I shouldn't even ever get matched with. This is nonsense.

Old system was at least good, because your topmost score defined your place in the song ranking. Now you have not only that, but you have to compete with other players, you have completely no impact on and a single fuck-up or stupidity on matching system's side can literally drop you off a tier in the very last moment, you'd normally fully deserve to be within.

I agreed. To be Honest this new system of SM is really fucked up.

I really want to T2 this event but i don't know whether to do it now because of this new 'upgrade'

First off the 'Pause is cheating' feature is complete and utter bullshit because it not only count pause but also count bad internet connection as cheating.

The connection reconnect no longer than 10 second yet it still count as 'lol cheating'

Though the most fucked up thing is random match like you said. I already have 8 match in a row where i face up with overly massive difference in Team.

I mean what the fuck i got Full Combo and yet i still get 4th place with -300 or point. And to add insult to injury the 3rd place score is 50k point more than me with less half my combo.

Seriously what the fuck. 

Agree with everything above. I have a passionate hatred on score match since SM1<_<

Anyway, it's probably just me that this SM is pretty fair for me so far. I still get bots regularly, but not any whales that I know of, and I will gladly choose bots over whales in every match. In JP even with the same bracket people will destroy you with at least 100k, no fun.

Edited by imnoob92

2 hours ago, imnoob92 said:

Agree with everything above. I have a passionate hatred on score match since SM1<_<

Anyway, it's probably just me that this SM is pretty fair for me so far. I still get bots regularly, but not any whales that I know of, and I will gladly choose bots over whales in every match. In JP even with the same bracket people will destroy you with at least 100k, no fun.

You no longer change your id in SM tho so surely the hate must have lessen :makina:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else doing the Maki Step-Up scouting? Unless you really don't care about her, it's actually a really good opportunity to nab good cards at a very low cost; full scouting for 120 loveca will give you at least 2 SR's and a guaranteed initial Maki SSR.

No UR's, as usual ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least I got the initial SSR idolized along with one of the older SR's. I might actually use another spare SSR to raise her skill level, since it's a pretty good card.

10 hours ago, Jade said:

Not doing the scouting cause i literally don't care about Maki :sachi:

Gotta save those loveca for Kotori

120 loveca isn't a lot for 2 guaranteed SR's and a guaranteed SSR on third scouting. I was also considering whether It was worth it, but since I already had that SSR Maki, there wasn't much to ponder about anymore.

6 hours ago, Narcosis said:

120 loveca isn't a lot for 2 guaranteed SR's and a guaranteed SSR on third scouting. I was also considering whether It was worth it, but since I already had that SSR Maki, there wasn't much to ponder about anymore.

Recently blows my loveca stash trying to get the UR Kotori and id don't see the need for SSR seal either since i already have 3 of those lol