Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

For the sake of recording the card side stories, which Umidah wants to get every single one, including URs and SRs, cychun, AKA Niccochi, AKA the largest whale, lent his account to Umidah, and Umidah signed onto it in the stream.

It... is nightmare inducing...

All 3 teams are of course all idolized URs, but that's not the scary part. almost all of these URs are level 2 in skill, if not 3. That means he has sooo many URs, he can feed them away to level skills without hurting his team. The rest of his SRs are nearly all skill level 4+, his Job Nico has a fucking level 7 ON AN SR! That's like 50+ SRs!

Base stats of the teams are 47k, with assist, he can get up to 66k!!!! That's literally tens of thousands of dollars I'd say.

For the sake of recording the card side stories, which Umidah wants to get every single one, including URs and SRs, cychun, AKA Niccochi, AKA the largest whale, lent his account to Umidah, and Umidah signed onto it in the stream.

It... is nightmare inducing...

All 3 teams are of course all idolized URs, but that's not the scary part. almost all of these URs are level 2 in skill, if not 3. That means he has sooo many URs, he can feed them away to level skills without hurting his team. The rest of his SRs are nearly all skill level 4+, his Job Nico has a fucking level 7 ON AN SR! That's like 50+ SRs!

Base stats of the teams are 47k, with assist, he can get up to 66k!!!! That's literally tens of thousands of dollars I'd say.

That. Is bloody scary. As someone who has spent thousands, this is just scary.

What the hell.

And this is what I don't like about the game. In the end , all what matters is how much money you spend, not your skills. You'll never get teams as good as people who wasted ten thousand dollars with just playing the game for years.

Edit:

WMErOet.jpg

Why am I even trying. *facedesk*

I've said this before but i never found wasting money to be a way to show you love a girl, i doesn't make sense in my book.

I don't need to spend money to prove Nico is my favorite character, going for top tiers is just wasteful imo.

This is a game, not a competition to prove you like one of the girls more by throwing money away. That's why i always try to minimize my losses and don't overspend, it doesn't make sense, game wise, it's just temporary glory that anyone can achieve, it's a who's got the bigger wallet and time to waste competition, not a how much you love a girl competition.

I've always thought like this, hence why i never even went for T1 and when i go for T2 i try to get it with the least amount of effort possible, and only when i like the girl and the card is worth it.

If you have fun going for top tiers, that's fine, but to me it's just wasteful. And i certainly don't consider Nico less important just because i don't aim for rank 1, i love Nico outside of the scope of the game and don't need my wallet to prove that.

To me, loving a character is acknowledging it and knowing within yourself you like that character, not having to flaunt it to everyone else and actually feeling that you need to spend money to assure yourself you like a character.

So yeah, Lov2 Live SIF to me is a game, strategizing and not overspending are natural instincts to me. Nico is a character i love, not because of thw game, but because i've read about her and know about her and like everything about herm and that's all i need.

It's temporary glory, which is more than fine and understandable... I think spending any amount of money in the game is like buying a chocolate bar or something like that. You'll be happier for a while. Pay up to get that endorphin going.

Well, you said some pages back that at this point you were just going to end up buying a Maki figure to keep you company on valentine's, so I said "huh, why not?" so I just PM'd all these people and we all agreed to get you one. Simple logic :P

I tried to remember off of the top of my head people you know and that are prevalent in the thread or the Love Live franchise in general, if I forgot someone, I'm really reallyyy sorry, but I made sure to include that this is from everyone in this thread so even if you weren't directly involved, love is still love~

Don't give credit to just me, I couldn't give you all this on my own, I gathered everyone in one place but aside from that it was everyone's will to give you this Maki that got us here. When I asked everyone what they thought, they all immediately accepted to help out in any way they could. I think that says a lot and I can't help but thank everyone for being so generous.

I think this really proves you're appreciated :D

Well regardless, just enjoy the figure, we're all happy to do this so you need to be too now

What the hell is going on here.

And this is what I don't like about the game. In the end , all what matters is how much money you spend, not your skills. You'll never get teams as good as people who wasted ten thousand dollars with just playing the game for years.

I just wanted to point out, this is prevalent in any game which runs on microtransactions, including a huge majority of modern mmo's. There are games, which include cash shops with vanity items only, but they make a tiny fraction. It's because gaming was always part about competition and unlike sports, it isn't deemed necessary to play fair - in general, as long as you're not found cheating, not a thing can be done about it; thus, a lot of players with minority complex will use other means to prove superiority and boost their egos. This is, of course, favorable both for developers and publishers, because it brings in a lot more profit.

You could argue there are ways to milk money out of playerbase without reducing fair competitivity, but it will never bring as much money as when you sell real advantage over other players. It's because both developers and players are way too lazy and aim for instant gratification over challenge.

People who waste thousands of euros/dollars/pounds just to obtain a bunch of preety anime girls and huge score are really funny, but no matter how much they will spend, it won't ever be enough to fill that hole within their hearts.

I've said this before but i never found wasting money to be a way to show you love a girl, i doesn't make sense in my book.

I don't need to spend money to prove Nico is my favorite character, going for top tiers is just wasteful imo.

This is a game, not a competition to prove you like one of the girls more by throwing money away. That's why i always try to minimize my losses and don't overspend, it doesn't make sense, game wise, it's just temporary glory that anyone can achieve, it's a who's got the bigger wallet and time to waste competition, not a how much you love a girl competition.

I've always thought like this, hence why i never even went for T1 and when i go for T2 i try to get it with the least amount of effort possible, and only when i like the girl and the card is worth it.

If you have fun going for top tiers, that's fine, but to me it's just wasteful. And i certainly don't consider Nico less important just because i don't aim for rank 1, i love Nico outside of the scope of the game and don't need my wallet to prove that.

To me, loving a character is acknowledging it and knowing within yourself you like that character, not having to flaunt it to everyone else and actually feeling that you need to spend money to assure yourself you like a character.

So yeah, Lov2 Live SIF to me is a game, strategizing and not overspending are natural instincts to me. Nico is a character i love, not because of thw game, but because i've read about her and know about her and like everything about herm and that's all i need.

<3

Quick question. Friend-wise, what is the best leader to have? If you have a smile UR, but the event is a cool token collection song, would it be more profitable to those in my friends list if I put a cool SR instead? And during the rest period, does it matter who your leader is? Thanks. Oh, and hello everyone. (๑ ऀืົཽ₍₍ළ₎₎ ऀืົཽ)✧ I'm Hiiragi.

Greetings Hiiragi, I love your avatar :sachi:

During a token event, I would leave the UR as a leader (if you don't care personally who your leader is) because it helps. If I am playing the event song, I don't choose my SR friends, I'd rather use all my UR friends only then random people, since the score boost just isn't as much. Maybe that's just me, but I wouldn't bother changing your leader just for the sake of putting an SR to match the event song.

Take this with a grain of salt from me though, considering I almost always have a SR or even frequently a R as my leader :makina:

~~~~~~~

Subreddits were made for each individual idol recently, and this was posted in the Hanayo one

M6m6QcN.jpg

Eli: /r/Harasho

Kotori: /r/LegendaryMinalinsky

Nico: /r/niconiconi

Maki: /r/onetrueidol

Umi: /r/TheOnlyTrueIdol

Nozomi: /r/washiwashi

Hanayo: /r/TheRiceGoddess

Rin: /r/TheCutestIdol

RIP Honoka fans lol

Quick question. Friend-wise, what is the best leader to have? If you have a smile UR, but the event is a cool token collection song, would it be more profitable to those in my friends list if I put a cool SR instead? And during the rest period, does it matter who your leader is? Thanks. Oh, and hello everyone. (๑ ऀืົཽ₍₍ළ₎₎ ऀืົཽ)✧ I'm Hiiragi.

Well not really since most people usually try to use UR leaders for the event songs to maximize their score and outside of that attribute and rarity doesn't really matter unless you're aiming for high scores so i say just use whichever you want in this scenario. But if you have an UR of the same attribute as the event song, then you're helping your friends by using it as your leader.

Meanwhile i have a N as my leader :Kappa:

Put whatever leader you want.

I used to care about having a bunch of friends with UR leaders but it really doesn't matter. ie. it's not hard to get access to guests with UR leaders (also, as long as you have at least one friend with a UR that you need you can just spam that person; who cares about friend points they are easy to obtain) so don't worry about it and just put whatever you want.

There will be some artificial people who will remove you from friends lists as soon as you don't put a UR up, but eh.

I have to constantly remove people I don't speak to just to keep adding people to my list that I frequently have contact with. My entire list has a last login of at least the end of the last event. Friend space is just sooo scarce, and since I'm part of this thread and the reddit along with visitiing Umidah's SIF stream every night, I just can't add everyone...

Random thing: Currently, there are 7 people at rank 200 or higher, and I have 4 of them on my friends list :o I have Raizoo (#1 in Eli events), who is rank 227, Zehel, who is 216, Dannynite, who is 205, and Umidah, who is 202. I'm missing Kintolenksy, who is rank 214, kb_z, who is like 290 (won't be able to find him, he quit buying gems, so no more ranking on leaderboards for him), and Tanpopo, who is 231, and I message him a bit, just not on my list. There's also Risk, AKA #1 2nd Umi event, who is 198 on my list. So many high ranks :michiru:

Getting all rank 200+s is too hard, not because they wouldn't accept (Well, I don't know kintolenski :() but because I don't have the space :makina:

And for leaders, I can't stand Nozomi's way of talking, so no to her. I just don't like Eli's personality at all in the game, so RIP her. Umi's fine except I hate her archery quote with a passion (the one about keeping calm). Everyone else I am fine with. My favorite leader is Hanayo because I like her quotes the best and her voice is really calming, which is who I have leader most of the time, though mainly because I didn't have any Rin cards I liked as much as the Hanayo cards. I mean, the Deer card is just so god damn cute!

426px-Hanayo_pure_sr136_t.jpg

Kanata Konoe just tells me not to bug her while she sleeps.

Fun times.

My favorite leader would obviously be Nico, it's always fun to come back to all the nico nico nii~

I also like Honoka's quotes, she's kind of an airhead.

I never heard Eli's quotes because thst would imply i even used her as a leader :makina:

I love Umi's bunny quote about bunnies dying if they're lonely, that's adorable.

I actually don't like Maki's quotes that much because they're all tsun, i don't find it annoying but eh, except for the master one, i hate that one.

Rin is only for when i want to hear nya but it quickly gets tiring.

Hanayo always feels like she's being held against her will ("tasuketeeee"), don't know what's up with that :(

And Nozomi is meh.

Overall, i'm glad i switched to Kanata Konoe, because all she does is sleep so i can't really complain.

10/10 would sleep again

Getting all rank 200+s is too hard, not because they wouldn't accept (Well, I don't know kintolenski :() but because I don't have the space :makina:

And for leaders, I can't stand Nozomi's way of talking, so no to her. I just don't like Eli's personality at all in the game, so RIP her. Umi's fine except I hate her archery quote with a passion (the one about keeping calm). Everyone else I am fine with. My favorite leader is Hanayo because I like her quotes the best and her voice is really calming, which is who I have leader most of the time, though mainly because I didn't have any Rin cards I liked as much as the Hanayo cards. I mean, the Deer card is just so god damn cute!

426px-Hanayo_pure_sr136_t.jpg

That is my absolute favourite Hanayo card. Hanayo best girl (and Rin... And Honoka). For Rin it's the one idolised card called whimsical kitten or something... And even though I'm not very fond of Nozomi, I think her idolised event card (the chest fondling one) is soo cool. I have too many favourite cards. Forgot to mention the upcoming Rin and Hanayo URs, would die for those

Edit: meanwhile I've never been a participant on any forums before, so I have no idea how formatting works..... sigh

That is my absolute favourite Hanayo card. Hanayo best girl (and Rin... And Honoka). For Rin it's the one idolised card called whimsical kitten or something... And even though I'm not very fond of Nozomi, I think her idolised event card (the chest fondling one) is soo cool. I have too many favourite cards. Forgot to mention the upcoming Rin and Hanayo URs, would die for those

Edit: meanwhile I've never been a participant on any forums before, so I have no idea how formatting works..... sigh

Your favorites are Hanayo, Rin, then Honoka!? My favorites are Rin, Hanayo then Honoka :o

And you mean this card?

426px-Rin_smile_sr93_t.jpg

I'm not too fond of that card, just don't like the outfit.

My favorite Kitty Rin is this one

426px-Rin_smile_sr448_t.jpg

That's an event idolized SR in late October, and my favorite card I own on my main JP account :D

New JP UR is Rin

3Nhp3sp.png

Of course a 10+1 on my alt was a guaranteed SR, and of Eli. Fuck Eli. And it's an ugly card too, not bothering to post an image, it's the maid one. I now have 6 of the 9 maid cards, really game?

On my main account, I had tickets leftover from Medley, so I used them, on the very first one was this

3Jc8PBx.png

At least this is a very nice looking card and of the attribute that is by far my weakest on my main JP. I didn't have gems to do a 10+1 on there, and wouldn't anyway because I'm saving for Rin's event in about a month.

Tried to keep my saltiness to a minimum but failed. I'm tired as hell, got a card I couldn't care less about, then someone in the chat of the stream said they drew UR Rin on the first try. Will just be one of the many Rin cards I will never see anyway~