Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

That's why I wait until I get 1000 friend points so I can do 10 draws at a time. I feel like it increases my chances that way.

But yeah it's obviously telling you "you should probably pay us instead of wasting your days away grinding the game".

Tried many times of 10 draws, didnt think percentage increase, rare still get into hand even 3 draw once time, just problem of lucky @@

Yeah I know I'm just being paranoid and It's all a matter of getting lucky but oh well.

Also thanks Zaka for that info on Mermaid Festa. I can  now do those triples followed by 6 alternating notes without missing.

But of course I would get cocky and forget to let go of a slider right after.  *sigh*

This song is cursed.

I'm like 500 EP away from one of them kotories now

I realized something as I saw scores had gone up though.. much more than before to the point where my previous standing was at like 1980 (but I upped my score by 3k so im fineish for now.)

I realized all the guys had been getting their SR Kotoris and thus moar points.

I'll have to save up members to feed to kotori once I get her so she can be high level as quick as possible (and hopefully at least stay in the top 2k score bracket.)

I guess I should save macarons so that I play the song when I have as high level SR kotori as possible from practicing.

Damn, I'm an anal minmaxer in games sometimes...

At least you have clear points coming up.

Actually I got 40x clear on mermaid festa because I figured "what the fuck, I still get 16 macarons and 46 exp every run even if I never FC it". Now moving to mogyutto I think. Unless I start hating it. Will be nice to get those B clears for the non-15-LP hards once the event is over.

One will eventually get there with time and effort (and a lot of grinding)

I'm at 36 LP so I still got some way to go.

It's getting kind of absurd to rank up now, they're asking me to rank up to 25 from 20, that's kind of a lot. They need to tone it down a bit. I run out of LP and only fill like a bit more than half of the exp bar.

On the other hand at least i unlocked that Nico part of the story where she ends up in an article for a children's newspaper.

That was so cute<3

I also noticed how they localized the jokes. 

If I'm not mistaken, Nico asked "why is it in hiragana" and then Nozomi said "It's a children's newspaper"

But in the translation they put "why are there cartoons"

Guess this is what learning japanese does to you, you start pointing out the small things.

I'm kind of sad they removed the nicknames though. The honorifics i can deal with but I'll miss Kayochin </3

I'm at rank 40 right now, and no, there hasn't been any new content since then. The wait is killing me...

That sucks. There's so many u's songs, they could easily give you one every time..

Then again the "hits" all come out of the "Best Live" album.

I actually picked up this game because of this thread. I had been contemplating watching the anime, and then I heard about this really fun game, so I decided to watch it and I liked it! Really cute and fun. So now I started the game and I'm kind of a horrible noob, fail most of the hard maps on the first try. I chose Umi as my Main Character or however you want to call it, and I really like it! (Kotori, Honoka, Nozomi, and Eri were also way up there on my favs xD)

Anyway, I think I get some of it, I've only played like 2 hours so far (level 9 u.u) and I had some questions:

1. What does bond do?

2. How should I be farming Love Gems? (I'm not totally hardcore, I think, but it's fun to minmax a little xD)

3. what are the uses for Friend Points? just doing normal scouts? I have 1400 atm, should I just regularly dump them into the 10 times scouting? you guys said you were unsure whether the chances for regular scouting changed with one scout or 10 at a time, right?

3. When I was starting off they gave me one free special scout, I think (I was still new enough that I had basically no idea what I was doing) and I got a UR Hanayo.

Hanayo_pure_ur64.jpg

Do I just level her a ton and focus on her, or should I balance her with Umi, or what should my game plan be? Should she or Umi be the 'leader'?

4. What special effects come with holding the 'leader' position? does it matter who is there? (other than that they get the most bond points)

Thanks a lot! Hopefully I can get some rares and get a legit team rolling! I've only got 6 Idoloized chars (all norms) so far.

Oh, and any tips on strategies for practicing/ritual-sacrifice-making so that I dont trash characters I need or the like. Should I keep one copy of every character so I can idolize them when I find their match?

0. In the group formation thing, make three groups. In one, use auto-formation to build smile, another pure, and the third cool. You will use the different formations to play songs of that color. Warning: always check what team you're using before you start the song. The system is deceptive at times.

1. Your luck is hilarious and we would all like to friend you. Make sure to make your UR Hanayo the leader of a green formation, then set that formation as your main formation. Then, friend request me at 862082393 because your help would be invaluable in not making me have to reload the event song ten times before I can play it lol.

2. The highest rarity card of the same color as the team you're building should be its leader if you want to max score. This is because they will give a special stat bonus to the team, but only if they are the leader. This bonus increases with rarity (normal cards give you no bonuses as leaders at all.) The card's color attribute also increases 1:1 with bond count.

3. You want every single character idolized at least once so you can first increase its bond to full - keep it in your team when playing songs until that maxes out (it gains much more in the leader position, but you'll get less score than with a rare in the middle as a result - often acceptable) and if it's idolized you'll unlock a side story (only once per card.) After that you still want to keep at least one copy, because there are rewards for maxing the level of normal-rarity cards once you do it enough times.

After you've maxed an idolized character's level and bond you can sac it - but do you want to? Don't you want to catch them all? Philosophies differ :P

If you want to make sure you don't accidentally sacrifice a character to the practice-gods, add it to favorites through the button when checking out its stats.

In general, every time you get new members you can technically press the auto-formation thing again for the team you're using and you'll get the highest stat girls on your team. Definitely do that before any sacrificing.

"Higher point idol" is misleading. The min-maxing here is because a note gives 1.1x points if it goes to a member who matches the color of the song, and 1.0x if the member doesn't. This means that the sufficiently anal can look up positional info (sometimes the differences can be pretty 'major' to be honest) and adjust their team.

Basically while card color matters when positioning, card smile/pure/cool stats don't. The nine members' stats combine to a single number which is used for calculating score.

"Higher point idol" is misleading. The min-maxing here is because a note gives 1.1x points if it goes to a member who matches the color of the song, and 1.0x if the member doesn't. This means that the sufficiently anal can look up positional info (sometimes the differences can be pretty 'major' to be honest) and adjust their team.

Basically while card color matters when positioning, card smile/pure/cool stats don't. The nine members' stats combine to a single number which is used for calculating score.

Ops, seems like i misunderstanding. Thanks for correction.

Praise me as your god

CQJ71ul.jpg

I had my tablet kind of resting on my legs and then they start shaking because i didn't mess up and almost cause me to fail. Barely made it.

But now i have every song FC'd

Edit: I FC'd it again!

Edit 2:

Aaand just got a smile Nozomi in regular scouting, my smile team is way too overpowered

KDld9DQ.jpg

Only C score

wat

*basks in the radiance of his S scores on event hard* *alright so I don't always get them but* *you probably just have a bad team*

Funny thing is I realized that normals event song gives 140 EP if FC'd and S-ranked (which I could probably do in my sleep). While this equates to 210 EP for 45 macaroons, my usual average for a long time used to be 206 EP for the hard. Well, I probably got more exp and stuff at least, oh and training me to get highscores on it helps ^^

---

Nico and Hanayo are the only UR cards in the game period right now. If anything now is the best time to try to get a pair of UR cars for idolizing (such bling) though I hear in jp there's a guaranteed SR when drawing on the eleventh card sometimes?

Question: When doing the 50 gem draw, cuurently is Nico and Hanayo the only 2 characters I can get as UR because of the event? And if so, how often does the UR event thing last?

No there's other UR available.  

These are just limited exclusive ones that probably have a higher chance to show up than other UR but maybe that's just me being paranoid.

And doing a 50 gem draw doesn't mean you'll get an UR either, in fact the chance for an UR is 1%

How long it will last I don't know.

Only C score

wat

*basks in the radiance of his S scores on event hard* *alright so I don't always get them but* *you probably just have a bad team*

Funny thing is I realized that normals event song gives 140 EP if FC'd and S-ranked (which I could probably do in my sleep). While this equates to 210 EP for 45 macaroons, my usual average for a long time used to be 206 EP for the hard. Well, I probably got more exp and stuff at least, oh and training me to get highscores on it helps ^^

---

Nico and Hanayo are the only UR cards in the game period right now. If anything now is the best time to try to get a pair of UR cars for idolizing (such bling) though I hear in jp there's a guaranteed SR when drawing on the eleventh card sometimes?

My pure team is the worst out of all so yeah. (16k or something points)

I don't have any Pure Rares so you can imagine how crappy it is.

And the best I can do right now is B on hards with my smile one that has 25k attribute points.

I just noticed after I posted that this version of the game only came out a month ago, so yeah... I was asking about the UR because I have 44 love gems so far so I'm close to doing that 50 draw. I'm hoping the English version is treated the same and we get the 5 Love Gem bonus on Nozomi's birthday coming up on the 9th.

So, I'm getting really lucky on Regular Scouts... I have 9 rares now, but only 5 different characters without being able to idolize since I never got a repeat of a character+attribute. (Rin in all 3 attributes, Smile and Pure Kotori, Pure Umi, Cool and Pure Nico, Smile Honoka). I have unlocked 8 songs, and FC'd 6 of those on Hard, but I still can't pass that event song... what's wrong with me?

I got 6 Rares total now.

Surprisingly only 1 of them isn't smile.

AND I STILL CAN'T GET MY MAKI-CHAN *cry*

It's likely that there aren't many UR in the english version as of now. Maybe it's true and there's only those 2 for now but in the japanese version there's tons.

My friend got 2 UR Hanayo in the honor student draw and combined them. Now that's ultra lucky.