Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Don't know about 1 since I have android

2) The event works with event points. You gain event points to rank higher in the event and you'll gain rewards as you rank up higher.

When you finish a song it tells you how many event points you earned and how many are left to the next reward.

In the Kotori event you gain points by collecting the macarons during the songs and by completing the special event song.

To play the event song just go on Live and select B-Sides on the top right, it'll take you to the event's song. Finishing this gives you more event points than by just collecting macarons.

But to play these songs you need to spend the macarons you earn so yeah expect a lot of grinding.

If you want to know the rewards you've earned and how highly ranked are you on the event just go on home and press the Kotori event banner and check the rewards you've earned and how many are there to earn or check the rankings.

3) Yes it does have to do with your team's smile/cool/pure level

You can FC a song but if the team's attribute for that song isn't high enough you won't get enough score to get an A or an S rank for score. 

To counter this, make new units using the auto formation and select the attribute you want that formation to be based on. The game will automatically generate the best team with that attribute from all the cards you currently have. You can make 5 different units so just make one for each.

Make sure when you select a song you also select the corresponding team for that song's attribute. You can select the team after selecing the song. Each song has an icon corresponding to the attribute.

Pink: Smile

Blue: Cool

Green: Pure

The more of that song's attribute points your team has the higher you'll score. 

Leveling up cards by using regular practice raises their attributes too.

Hope this helps~

Well, if you're anything like me you average B combo / A score (score is really easy on it, but I do have a stacked team) and get about 206 EP per play; FC and S is 233 so it's really not that much more.

Considering the Kotori is an SR spending ~10 love gems or more on LP refills isn't unreasonable if you're not going to get 11k points otherwise I'd say

I want to save up all the gems for the 50 gem draw because i'll never get there otherwise so I'm not spending them on refills.

Unless it's a Nico or Maki event I'm not going to spend them. Even if Kotori is a SR .

I'll just hope I get there with effort and time.

I read it earlier. That is quite something, I'm impressed by how much you know about Love Live. I should probably watch the anime to understand it though lmao.

I'm not that knowledgeable in the rest of the members but NicoMaki is my ultimate obsession so i know almost everything regarding them.

Needless to say Love Live is one of my favorite anime as well and everyone should totally watch it~

When i started i didn't know exactly what to expect. It didn't have anything special or inovative. It's solely character focused but man did the characters grow on me. By the time it was done i was just craving for more~

I was already playing SIF, the Japanese version so you can imagine my excitement when it finally got localized in English. I downloaded it the day it came out.

Yeah this goes on unhealthy levels in my case. But you should definitely watch the anime. I'm going to stop rambling now.

If you find yourself with ~9k event points close to the end of the event, remember you can pop love gems for an LP refresh.

Normally this is really silly, but not so when an SR is on the line! Each should provide at least ~225 EP assuming you're pro enough to beat the event song on hard, meaning if you use 10 of them you're probably looking at at least 2k points. Of course you need to do this close to the end, as your rank will be highest then and shit will be more efficient.

You probably knew this already.

As for me? You want to know about me right? I've got 9k event points and like, 1.5 plays of the event song (so about ~9.3k if I liquidate all my assets). currently top 1k looks to be 11k, so I'm pretty unlikely to catch up with them (come to think of it, maybe I'll have to spend gems to maintain top 2k... ah well, we shall see how this plays out.) Looks like I am probably safe for highest 2k scorewise at least at 138k (and score is likely to not be as volatile as the event ranking - well, I might be able to score significantly higher if I get a good run...)

All in all looking good, especially since I can nerd out ~185 LP a day at least (I sleep about 8 hours, which means I lose about 40 LP per day assuming I sleep when I have 0ish left. The rest is inefficiency because I suck and probably can't quite get to the 200LP per day figure this should imply.)

Best time to be a NEET ever?

Wow, this post is probably relevant to nobody, oh well.

I kinda can't into mermaid festa either, FCing it was an act of god more or less (I say, but really early I think I did that segment without losing combo then failed somewhere else...)

I've been analyzing it latest time im playing and it seems like its a triple, then a 4x alternating, then a 5x alternating? Not sure if there is a break between those two... the rest should comparatively easy.

The upside is that part, apart from an easy thing in the middle, doesn't have any macaroons. So you can play mermaid festa if you're bored; it's ok.

Mermaid Festa is my Nemesis. I go into it knowing what part messes my game and i still fail. That fast triple screws me over every time because i don't have enough time to switch between it and the other alternating notes.

I can even FC Aishiteru Banzai and i just unlocked it today.

The kotori event song on hard though, those short sliders kill me.

I guess i'll try that, i just hold them for too long every time. But overall the rest of the song is not easy either, after that there's so many double taps.

I'm already not a pro with sliders when it comes to let go of them, why did they do such a complicated song. I still get nearly 200 points out of it though.

How do you unlock the expert diffculty? Do you have to FC?

100 whole event points. Yeah. I'm not going to be able to get Kotori D: This is probably hardest and most tedious "event" I've ever done in a game.

Well the game is designed for you to spend money if you want the best stuff :P

It's blantantly obvious when you have no ads of any kind and the game is free to play that there's going to be some implications.

Namely cool down times and the currency you need to get the good stuff.

The price of love gems is completely absurd when compared to other games that use the free to play format.

But it's too addictive!

Have you checked some UR? Their designs are godly.

Yes, they're all so cute. Is there any formal drop rate percent for getting a rare, super rare, or ultra rare?

Yes there are drop rates for both scouting methods.

Regular scouting:

Normal: 95%

Rare: 5%

Honor student scouting:

Rare: 90%

Super Rare: 9%

Ultra Rare: 1%

And don't forget that an UR isn't the final form, you need two of the same UR cards in order to idolize it and get its final form so it's almost impossible to get one.

Though a non idolized maxed out UR is still extremly over powered make no mistakes.

Mermaid Festa is my Nemesis. I go into it knowing what part messes my game and i still fail. That fast triple screws me over every time because i don't have enough time to switch between it and the other alternating notes.

I can even FC Aishiteru Banzai and i just unlocked it today.

The kotori event song on hard though, those short sliders kill me.

The short sliders kill you? I fail on the multiple double note changes. I must have failed the song 4 times on Hard so far, so much event points wasted :(

I never failed the song but I did miss quite some notes the first time.

Right now I miss one or none but I break the combo at the sliders part.

The double taps aren't too hard, you just need to get used to them and you can do it.

Though I still break the combo on them often.

Wow, yeah I don't have that kind of luck xD did the maths and on regular scouting with those percentages you will get 1 rare every 20 scouting. So one every 20 days if you do the one free one a day. What a great way to get people to pay money.

That's why I wait until I get 1000 friend points so I can do 10 draws at a time. I feel like it increases my chances that way.

But yeah it's obviously telling you "you should probably pay us instead of wasting your days away grinding the game".

I'm finally rediscovered how to read mermaid festa hard so I should be able to fc it quite often now (apparently it's a 6x alternating after the triple, god damn it.)

Other than that I realized I still have a suboptimal normal on my green team, which is bothering me, I need to get 2x ru tatara soon and acquire ~250 more pure from an idolized lv40 (I have a lesser normal lv40 right now.)

EX isn't unlocked for anyone yet in EN, will have to get that done by the devs.

The real evil thing are the double pulloff / single combos btw

Also you're gonna get more than that one free draw per day lol. Get 10 friends and play 10 lives and you have one more draw already.

I got a Kotori rare, putting my rare count up to 6 with 4 from normal scouts, 1 from free Honor Student scout. Dunno how many times I've done normal scout so far though. And I also FC'd my first song on Hard, being one of my favorite Love Live songs, Mogyutto Love de Sekkinchu, which I did first try, then proceeded to fail the event song yet again, this time on the last 3 notes :( 3 stamina restorers on the team and I didn't get a single point restored at the end when I needed it... So much frustration

I play 230~240 LP per day + bonus LP by rank up and only normal mode, still can get ranking inside 1000th to get reward of 2nd Kotori Card. If possible to play hard mode nicely, sure can get inside 200th. Still, eng ver not crazy as jpn that u may recharge for higher rank.

This game doesnt need any real money for loveca gem to get SR card, just need more time to get play onli. Anyway, withour real money invest, u may collect gem from daily rewards and event rewards, normally u can get one times of 10+1 draw about half year and get few SR card from event per month if same speed of release event as jpn ver. 

Sure, if u want collect some special UR or SR card that only claimed by code which normally with other merchandize,or u need more UR SR card , sure u need put on real money for game,.

Expert difficulty, i think unreleased due to early of game ver?

Rate for thos honor draw, can refer by taping on event, anyway, seems that eng ver havent applied guaranteed at least 1 SR for 10+1 draw and increase rate of  draw within period of event as other jpn or tw ver yet.