New and confused

wasabisabi

Hello everyone, this is my first time downloading and playing a visual novel. The game I downloaded is Fate/Stay Night. I recently finished watching the original serie. Before moving onto the sequels, I want to be able to experience the game which the anime was derived from first hand.

I am quite a frank person so I am going to tell you that the reason I signed up for this forum is because I don't know how to install the game. I downloaded a bit torrent program and then downloaded the game from this site which I am seeding now. However, I don't know what to do next. I failed to find any instructions that I could understand on the Internet. I can't find the exe file among the files that I downloaded. Do I need an original copy of the game in order to play it in English? Please help me out here. Thanks so much!

It could be an issue with the locale settings, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to issues like this and I don't think Fate/saty night needed the locale changed. I'm new to the scene, but maybe an experienced member can figure this out.

I just tested my game in a US locale and it worked and it appears to work in a JP locale so I may be way off base with the locale idea.

I'll keep trying to replicate your problem. Sorry I couldn't be more help to you.

I used Windows XP for a few import games not too long ago. Installing AppLocale and the east Asian language pack was frustrating. Every now and then, I'd have problems with freeware games and patches. It took trial and error to get Roseverte's VN Duplicity ~Eternal Lie~ to start, and I had to find some obscure program in order to get the freeware version of Hatoful Boyfriend to work with its patch.

On a related note: not long ago, I tried getting Pacthesis' latest Flash game Number Days Sim Date to work offline. It didn't... I think the file was trying to access some website. It works if you start online, and after the opening scenes, it's okay to go offline.

Welcome! Fate/Stay Night was my 2nd visual novel, and it blew me away. The characters are memorable and rich, the story is well-paced, and the setting is richly presented. It's a delight to read.

I recently started re-watching the Fate/Zero prequel-anime to the series. It's amazing. I'd recommend you wait to watch it until after you finish the VN, but when that day comes you'll be in for a treat : ).