Hacking help?

The links has been very useful for someone that wants to learn how to hack a VN and extract all its content for translation. Sorry if I repeated something in this post but if you want to hack and extract a game, then I think the process goes:

Hacker's Job

1. Find a game you want to translate and see what type of engine it's running.

2. All game engines have a form of encryption to stop people (i.e. you the hacker in this case) from extracting the game contents. For a hacker (whose versatile and knowledgable about programming and reverse engineering for instance) would need to get into the engine and figure out how it works etc. in order to find a counter-measure. 

3. Once analysis has been completed, the hacker would need to make a software or command to decrypt the files, allow editing and so forth.

-- Once that's done, anyone with no experience in programming can extract that game or any other game that uses the same engine to start translating.

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but tell me if I'm wrong - I like to do something like this in the future as well just to increase my skill set.  :)

Also, good luck. Hope it goes well for ya!

• 2 years later...

My russian friend plan to translate ALICE=ALICE otome novel from jap to rus. I want to help her with hacking.

Scenario.rpd of trial ver. is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uo44gqlcdb1cme4/Scenario.rpd 

Trial: http://rejetweb.jp/alice/DL/AA_TR.exe

I exract .rpd file by AE, edit .lt file by notepad++, then pack "scenario" folder in Scenario.rpd~ folder using the format [RPD] Rejet.

Replace original  Scenario.rpd file by new.

Game start, but when text of the game must appear, there is black window.

What I do not right? Help us, please.