Hacking help?

I'm planning to start a translation project, and try contacting some hackers but no news... :(

I post images of the game files to see if anyone can help me. It's an otome game btw (I'm sorry if it doesn't sound as tempting as girls with big boobs or something) ;___;

Cover the name 'cuz I don't wanna raise/put anyone's hopes up/down...

Also, I'm willing to learn how to extract/hack if someone's willing to show me (or if you can maybe you can hack it for me please?).

Thank you!
clipbo11.jpgclipbo10.jpg

First, It's going to be hard to do anything if we don't know which game you are talking about.

It seems to be a game working with the Rejet engine.

Second, you should consider using VN reader too.

Edit : You should try AnimED for Rejet games or ExtractData to extract the .rpd files.

Edited by Guest

You will probably easier find someone to hack for you than to teach you how to hack as that would take far more time and effort than hacking it.

And good luck with it that VN looks amazing I would love to read it. Also will there be a place to fallow your work once you start it?

PS: If you are unable to find anyone I could ask one person I know to hack it for you but keep that as a last resort.

Ah thank you for all your suggestions, I'll go with AnimeED first though...

I got the scripts out, which is in the scenario.rpd (I'm not sure if all the scripts are in there, maybe somewhere else? There are like 359 script files in the scenario.rpd right now)

Try opening the files in MSword, see a whole bunch of command lines, code and scripts, so I'm still wondering if editing them will crash the game.

clipbo12.jpg

Do you mind if I ask how to put them all back into the .rpd file?... (Repacking)

Thanks for your help!

Welp... tried it, edited some lines in the scripts, the game can run 'til the main menu, but once you start playing it only shows a blank screen with music :/

Looks like something must be done (that I don't know) before changing the text to English >_<

Ugh...? To see if it's a text file and what's in there? At least that's the first thing I thought of considering my little knowledge in hacking... Not that it works anyway.

It doesn't really have anything to do with hacking, but I imagine it'd cause a lot of formatting issues.

Yeah, I tried editing with notepad++ but doesn't look like it work... Still show a blank screen :(

Then you might not properly extracted or inseted text, why not just concencate on translating and find a proper hacker to do thouse things for you.

Yeah, I tried editing with notepad++ but doesn't look like it work... Still show a blank screen :(

Maybe you should verify whether the problem is AnimeEd repack or not.

Extract all files from scenario.rpd using AnimeEd, but do not touch any of the files.

Then, use AnimeEd to repack the files.  Copy this new scenario.rpd over the original one.

If you get a black screen, the problem is AnimeEd.

If it works, the problem is caused by your trying to edit the file.

But it's always good to be sure.

Maybe you should verify whether the problem is AnimeEd repack or not.

Extract all files from scenario.rpd using AnimeEd, but do not touch any of the files.

Then, use AnimeEd to repack the files.  Copy this new scenario.rpd over the original one.

If you get a black screen, the problem is AnimeEd.

If it works, the problem is caused by your trying to edit the file.

But it's always good to be sure.

Hm... oh geez... it's just like you said, even if I didn't change anything the game still shows a blank screen. Guess AnimeED really can't help me :(

What am I supposed to do now...

Well, this is not an uncommon problem...in fact I'm having the same sort of problem myself with one of my games :-/

It's possible AnimeED has some kind of bug...

But we also shouldn't rule out user error... :-)

If you can, double check and make sure you are using it right (are there docs or help or something?)

For example, if you point it at the wrong folder or choose the wrong files, it may produce a bad archive without telling you.

If there is a big difference in file size between the good file and the bad one, it might be a clue.

Or, try to convince someone else who has the time to try AnimeED for themselves and see if they get the same error you do...

• 2 weeks later...

Using AnimeED to extract and repack, and then comparing both files I noticed only the header of the file is different. Then I came across this old post:

http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=36205

In short, they're saying that when you repack you should not select the scenario folder, but rather the folder containing it. Doing so, the files are almost identical, apart from the some extra information added to the created file. I can't test it atm, but you should try it.

If that fails, there's some contact info in the link I gave to a guy that will probably be able to help you.

Also I recommend using Notepad++ for editing the files. Don't even think about Word...

Good luck!

---Update---

Seems to be working fine:

Q2IljwU.png

*The above image is Google Translated.

• 1 month later...

In order to address the problem with Rejet and alikes, I've implemented new setting for AE: "Extract files into subdirectory which contain archive's filename", which is now enabled by default. The build which supports this feature is 0.6.10.420 2014/07/17. You can get it here. :)

In case of scenario.rpd, new AE will create path "scenario.rpd~\scenario\". This is because the "scenario" subdirectory is a part of original archive's structure! No wonder people were messing it up, because they thought the directory was generated by archiver (which wasn't the case at all).