youtube - Most random

• 2 weeks later...

Also something for people who read Tokyo Babel,

Spoiler

This is actually a very good showing of the situation that occurred at Setsuna's home planet, tbh the first time I read that part it took quiet a while for me to understand the reason.
Purposeless live is indeed literally hell.

4 hours ago, FinalChaos said:

Also something for people who read Tokyo Babel,

Reveal hidden contents

This is actually a very good showing of the situation that occurred at Setsuna's home planet, tbh the first time I read that part it took quiet a while for me to understand the reason.
Purposeless live is indeed literally hell.

Quite an interesting experiment. :-) On the other hand, extrapolating these results to human society is imo a bit risky and may have some dangerously incorrect implications. Humans have a lot more ways to entertain themselves, and, unlike mice, they are perfectly capable of looking for the meanings of their own lives even without external troubles. Unlike mice, we have art and science, and at the same time we will never be able to create the same type of utopia for ourselves, there are just too many of us on this planet. So, I don't know, I wouldn't pay the results of this experiment too much attention.

And, to be honest, I never really liked this part in Tokyo Babel, for similar reasons.

18 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Quite an interesting experiment. :-) On the other hand, extrapolating these results to human society is imo a bit risky and may have some dangerously incorrect implications. Humans have a lot more ways to entertain themselves, and, unlike mice, they are perfectly capable of looking for the meanings of their own lives even without external troubles. Unlike mice, we have art and science, and at the same time we will never be able to create the same type of utopia for ourselves, there are just too many of us on this planet. So, I don't know, I wouldn't pay the results of this experiment too much attention.

And, to be honest, I never really liked this part in Tokyo Babel, for similar reasons.

Well yeah exact results won't apply, but it is undeniable that a void will be created - one that would be needed to filled properly with other interests. You know even for mice some of them adapted -beautiful ones- so adapting is definitely possible, just the ratio is unknown. If this change happens slowly over time with everyone slowly getting used to the change it would be alright, though on the other hand a sudden lack of purpose would make quiet a few people mentally unstable.
Using that exact scenario in human case is arguably an extreme case but definitely a possible one.

Spoiler

One that might have taken place for Babel's case.
Also there too not everyone is out of grips, the scientists in particular who were the one's responsible for Setsuna are the prime examples as they handled it fine by getting invested in science as you had implied. 
In that world though majority couldn't make the transition, resulting in anarchy. Again such anarchy literally killing everyone is doubtful, but a possible worst case scenario may indeed result in the 'end of the world'.
And in Babel's defense there was literally a multi-verse cataclysm (lot of worlds ending) going on, so things veering in ways that lead to the worst case is somewhat understandable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, apparently, one of my favorite isekai light-novels will soon get an an anime adaptation. I guess, this is not unexpected, considering that this LN is actually very popular in Japan (and it recently got an official localization announced too, which is very cool :vanilla:).

I try to be not too excited though. This story is extremely slow paced, and typically stories like that don't transfer to the anime format very well. Still, it's interesting to see that something different from the usual "reincarnated into an rpg world and killing all enemies with a slight cough" gets turned into an anime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, Dreamysyu said:

So, apparently, one of my favorite isekai light-novels will soon get an an anime adaptation. I guess, this is not unexpected, considering that this LN is actually very popular in Japan (and it recently got an official localization announced too, which is very cool :vanilla:).

I try to be not too excited though. This story is extremely slow paced, and typically stories like that don't transfer to the anime format very well. Still, it's interesting to see that something different from the usual "reincarnated into an rpg world and killing all enemies with a slight cough" gets turned into an anime.

Little late here, but, uh, would you mind telling me what anime this is? I've kinda fallen back on my JP studies and I can't figure out the title from this video.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...