youtube - Most random

Over the past few years, there seems to be a running trend of people defending Spider-Man 3. Now, personally, I didn't hate the movie as much as others do, and in fact, I actually liked the Sandman arc of the story a lot, (especially the deleted scene of his daughter interacting with the sandcastle). Bottom line, Spider-Man 3 has a strong running theme of revenge and forgiveness, and I think if only Sony hadn't interfered with its obsession over Venom, the movie would have turned out fine.

And yes, the "dancing scene" wasn't a real problem either:

And now for something on the lighter side...

The ZUCC... ZUCC... ZUCC...

Sigh. It's been almost a decade since I first watched this. This was one of my very first anime (when I first knew what anime was), and looking back now, it's still as good as I remembered. I almost wish that I could go back to being that 20 year old again, experiencing anime for the first time. Because honestly, solid anime like this are truly hardly to come by. Aside from the fact that he's got a fricken GIANT DRILL as his finishing move, which is all kinds of awesome, the emotional journey of Simon from boy to man accompanied by Shoko Nakagawa's appropriately titled "Happily Ever After" brought a kind of satisfaction and pure bliss I don't often find in the realm of storytelling. Sure, the second-half of the anime fell short, but that first-half really made me happy that I discovered such a wonderful show, yearning for more. There's a kind of bliss that only the perfect blend of good story, characters, music, animation, and awesomeness (again, GIANT DRILL) could bring to me, and Gurren Lagann was the first to really made me feel that way.

But of course, I can't forget the likes of the first ACTUAL anime to really blow me again with a perfect story:

Ah, I'm so glad this was also one of my first anime, alongside Gurren Lagann, Death Note, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. I kinda owed MyAnimeList for discovering so many highly-rated anime at the same time, so, much thanks to that site. I think if my first jump into anime had been mediocre of half-a**ed, then I wouldn't be as hooked as I was for such a long time.

Ahem. Anyway, got a bit carried away reminiscing about my first experience with anime. Sorry about that. :wahaha:

I love how the animals are not so much bowing, but more like frowning and thinking, "Oh no, another generation of being eaten." Considering that the live action Beauty and the Beast did nothing to fix its Stockholm Syndrome problem, I doubt The Lion King would bother with the "lions kill and eat other animals" problem either. Buuuuut I highly doubt The Little Mermaid live action would retain its "sell yourself for a complete stranger you just met" problem in our feminist age.

As someone who enjoys fully animated scenes over static VN images...

This. This is perfect. This will be the most awesomest "visual novel" that I'll ever play. Period.

Muv-Luv Alternative? Give me a break.

Umineko? Get out of here.

Fate/Stay Night? Hah! As if.

Get out of the way. Steins;Gate the masterpiece is finally reaching its peak form, its utmost perfect form! ITS ELITE FORM!

Es. Psy. Kongroo.

Edited by LemiusK

Wasn't really interested in this movie, Miles Morales, or any of the multiverse versions of Spider-Man at first (aside from Spider-Man Noir maybe, but he looks very cartoonish instead of his usual dark and gritty self here), and this was in spite of me being a huge Spider-Man fan (and even that's an understatement). But this video's got me thinking back on what got me into loving the character so much in the first place, and it seems that the film might just pay tribute to the spirit of Spider-Man's character within rather than just all the superficial powers and aesthetics on the surface. If so, then not only is it a great send-off for Stan Lee, having created such an amazing character (pun intended), but would also bring back my love of Spider-movies (Homecoming was meh and didn't do much for me).

The film is released on the 13th this month in my country. Can't wait.

On a sidenote, I haven't bothered watching movies at the theater for a long time, outside of MCU films (except Ant-Man). The next film I might be watching at all would be Captain Marvel, then Avengers 4.

Edit: This movie has a perfect Rotten Tomatoes score. I know RT ratings hardly amount to much, but a perfect score is still something uncommon.

Edit 2:

See this guy's other video about the death of the creative spirit that once drove Pixar studios if you want more context on the above video.

Personally, despite being a huge Pixar fan, I absolutely agreed. Incredibles 2 was a snooze-fest, saying nothing new about superheroes or the characters of The Incredibles. It's a rehash, a plain cash-grab, a nostalgia-trip.

Edited by LemiusK