youtube - Most random

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zidan209 said:

Not only dubs sound unnatural, they are also worse anyway

Dubs only sound unnatural if you're used to dubs, as simple as that. Anyone who watched anime as a kid will find it very weird if they then watch the original Japanese dub, for example.

Not only there are shows where the dub is better, the quality has been rising for years now (hand in hand with the awareness and popularity of anime internationally).

17 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Dubs only sound unnatural if you're used to dubs, as simple as that. Anyone who watched anime as a kid will find it very weird if they then watch the original Japanese dub, for example.

Not only there are shows where the dub is better, the quality has been rising for years now (hand in hand with the awareness and popularity of anime internationally).

Agreed with the first paragraph, and most of the second, and moreover, that dub is fine. J. Michael Tatum does an excellent Okabe in general.

The only thing you can object to in that clip is the fact that the broken English is gone, which is IMO purely an improvement when you consider they lost both the intentional broken English (Okabe's) and the unintentional (the border officer's). Native English speakers don't go around saying "What's the purpose?"

Edited by Fred the Barber

• 2 weeks later...

I'm normally not one to enjoy memes in fact I usually openly despise them with a few exceptions (That ancient dear sister meme, now that was a great one)

Anyway despite that I really love the quality work that the steamed hams meme has been able to produce