Salutations

Ceris

Greetings to anyone who reads this~

I'm horrible at introductions, so this is just going to seem like a random mess, bear with me please :rolleyes:

My username is Ceris (obviously) and am a newer anime fan and even newer to the VN world. I don't have a certain genre I stick to, but tend to like slice of life-ish anime that mix comedy and drama well (like nakige) and since I come to tears easy, the sadder the better. I'm also a fan of moe and romances (my taste in romance isn't concrete and can vary greatly). I'm a pretty laid back person who doesn't try to criticize things and just tries to enjoy whatever he's doing. I don't know any Japanese beyond a few random words, so I'm at the mercy of the translators.

I started watching anime back in August of 2012 and got immediately hooked on it and have seen over 100 different series. Because of my huge interest in anime, I asked a friend to recommend me a visual novel that doesn't have an anime adaption, so he mentioned Rewrite because of my love for Key anime. Rewrite is now my all time favorite form of (dunno what word to use here to include books, anime, cartoons, etc, anything entertainment along these lines? ). <-Long winded, but I loved Rewrite completely. Since then, I haven't branched out too well and want to change that. I tend to get interested in the *shallow* way of judging character designs, then with a little research, check to see if they're nukige (avoid these), or if an anime, just general plot synopsis, and for both, character bios.

To mention the visual novels I've played (read?):

Rewrite - Mentioned above. The only VN I've completed to this date.

Symphonic Rain - Through the heroine routes, need to finish the Al Fine route, absolutely love this.

Little Busters - Saves stopped working (dunno what happened) as I reached Refrain, but I've seen the anime. Will complete when Ex is finished being translated.

Clannad - Seen anime, only cleared two routes so far.

Toradora Portable - Another anime I've seen, just cleared Taiga stuff.

Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru - Saves stopped working on this as well, cleared Tsumugu and Eika routes, will finish one day, not a fan of the game, only downloaded as a new release from Fuwanovel.

Flyable Heart - Cleared Mayuri and half way through Sakurako but lost saves. Started it due to hearing a lot about it.

VNs I've downloaded but have yet to play

Planetarian - Will do very soon since it's Key and really short.

Grisaia no Kajutsu - Fuwanovel banner made me download it.

If My Heart Had Wings - Cool name, heard positive things

Hoshizora no Memoria - Heard it was moe (?) and loved character designs

Cross Channel - Heard positive things

Ones that interest me that don't have an English translation.

Clover Day's - Character design + character bios

Your Diary - Character design

Hatsuyuki Sakura - Character Design

Thanks for reading this. Any recommendations are welcome. I may or may not stay active around here, since I really just chime in here and there instead of being full blown active on forums anyway. Wanted to make a (rather messy) introduction thread either way. Hope this wasn't too bad.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I'm definitely going to start Grisaia soon after everything said in this thread. I had only heard of G-Senjou but didn't know anything, but I will check into it. And I already planned on playing Cross Channel and Hoshizora no Memoria

Welcome to Fuwa! Have some chalk:

Chalk.jpg

I see you haven't played G-senjou no Maou, that's what I recommend.

Hope to see you around more.

Chalk? And Chino is awesome, along with the anime she's from. Although, my favorite character is Cocoa.

Hello, there. Welcome to fuwanovel  ;)

I wasn't particularly fond of Rewrite, but I get why you would be. If you're looking for VNs to play, be sure to check this thread, though I personally recommend Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Don't forget to make yourself at home! See you around~

I am an firm believer in "nothing is for everyone". I felt Rewrite happened to be the perfect formula for me, which had comedy that really clicked with me, characters I completely loved, and stories I highly enjoyed. Everything just came close to my ideal.

As for that link, I already had it bookmarked before making this thread, but thanks anyway.

Welcome to Fuwa! enjoy your stay, and have a moe:

Konachancom-174420sample_zpsd6e2166b.jpg

Azusa happens to be my favorite character from K-On :D

Welcome on the forum

Enjoy your stay

And read Clannad !

I had kinda stopped reading Clannad as I had already seen the anime and I was aiming for VNs without anime adaptions. I did read all the way up to Refrain in Little Busters because I liked the characters more and a friend of mine talked it up so much. Glad I did since some routes were much better (Haruka!)

I had kinda stopped reading Clannad as I had already seen the anime and I was aiming for VNs without anime adaptions. I did read all the way up to Refrain in Little Busters because I liked the characters more and a friend of mine talked it up so much. Glad I did since some routes were much better (Haruka!)

._. wut ? Little Busters better than Clannad ?

._.

._.

Wut ?

Want this puppy to die or something ?

220.jpg

That is like the ultimate insult. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

._. wut ? Little Busters better than Clannad ?

._.

._.

Wut ?

Want this puppy to die or something ?

220.jpg

That is like the ultimate insult. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

My mistake, I failed to mention I was comparing the LB visual novel to the anime adaption. Sometimes everything I'm thinking doesn't make it onto the screen :P

"and since I come to tears easy"

Is that me?

Welcome to the forums! I also tend to cry quite easily and love romance, so I'm glad to meet another of my kind (?) I hope you enjoy your stay and have fun~ Also, I recommend greatly that you play Hoshizora no Memoria, and if you can, try to finish LB's Refrain (as it's really way more awesome in the visual novel, at least for me it was >o<).