Learning Japanese (how its been going)

HeilMary

So i just decided to throw up this thread and share my progress on learning Japanese. (hey it might inspire other people too!)

So anyways I've been using the Tay Way for learning Japanese and plowing through kanji at 20 per day. Right now at around 400 kanji or 18 percent (yay me). if i keep up my diligent progress ill be done with the first part of Japanese in 3 months.

So how is it going for other people that are learning Japanese too? or for those who already learned it how was your experience learning it?

I have plans to become a teacher in Japan once I finish my bachelor's, so I've been working on learning the language myself. I haven't taken any classes yet, but this semester I'm going to start. Just learning hiragana at this point, to give myself a base to work with in the future. Have about half of them memorized so far, and a handful of Kanji.

I wish you good luck with anki. Learning japanese is hard at first, but when you start to understand overall how it works and feels. You will find it much more relaxing and fun. Learning jap really opens a new door to looking at anime, manga, vn's, LN's etc. So look forwards to it.

lol, I passed sixteen hundred kanji the other day... unfortunately, I got obsessed with the 'dead' kanji and have been out on a tangent for the past few months.  It helps that I already know the language itself, but since I'm currently going for a degree in linguistic anthropology, I suppose it isn't a bad thing to head for the archaic kanji.

I am learning as well I wish you luck! I have only gotten down the Hiragana and Dakuten and basic Japanese grammar with "desu" and "ja arimasen". As well as "desu ka" ... I am using TextFugu so I just started the Radical 2 section. I have been sick lately so it has been very hard to study  :(

Glad to see other people learn, as well as those who plan on too. It's also interesting to see a community with different levels of language. Some with experience, others who are just starting, and those who are already done with the long journey of learning Japanese.