Youtube project

What Nico originally thought was something like:

Introducing the basic story outline

Introducing the characters

Explain the things you will find in the vn

Good and bad assets

Final veredict, as in, this vn might be interesting if you like x and y but probably not if you like w and z

The viewer should be the judge.

This is the type of videos Nico imagined. They're not meant to be reviews but more like showcases for the viewer to get some intel om the vn and decide if it's worth it for them.

That why some preliminary work must be done.

You have to regroup different opinions about the game.

Try to do some research beforehand, looking for other reviews/opinions all over the internet.

Then you organize the different elements that people liked or not.

Of course when you talk about the game you'll introduce the setting, the main characters (spoiler free of course).

Edit : How about Debates ?

Pick a controversial theme or a VN on which people have different opinions and launch them into the arena (metaphor).

That could be interesting.

Edited by Guest

(Sigh)

I hate having a sucky pc. Earlier i was working on "an introduction to 'If My Heart Had Wings'" but because of it being in high def, a small portion of the recording can take up a lot of space on my computer, and unfortunatly I have less than 3 gigs on my pc. Not only that but since its high def, the video lags, even though I don't having anything open (Not that I know of anyways) except IMHHW and fraps. I've always had troubles with fraps. Maybe I should get a pc recording software that wont eat up a ton of usage on my pc, or a pc that wont threaten to blow itself up every time  I play a game on the lowest settings and walk into an empty room with one guy in it.

Maybe I'll stick with podcast's because that is fairly simple. Just talk than in editing add still images or gameplay in the background that is relevant to what is being talked about at the moment. Have to make them short though, like 30 minutes perhaps?

If this becomes an actual thing, I'd love to contribute! I have experience with both Vegas12 and AAE. I'm not really confident in my voice but I do have some videos with commentary that aren't too bad :P

I'm not really sure how this is going to turn out but if there is ever a situation i can help out in, Msg me :3

I'd be up for helping out with this project, if it is still going. I have my own channel over on youtube where I mostly do VN-related videos, so I have a bit of experience of making videos from there.

As for suggestions on what to upload... I've had this idea of making different top X videos, like "The top 5 worst h-scenes in VNs", "The top 10 VN protagonist that you wish you could punch through the screen", or "The top 5 VNs developed outside of Japan.". That kind of thing.

What's been holding me back though, is that I feel I haven't really played enough VNs yet to actually know which games/characters/moments I should put on any such lists. It could be pretty cool if we could make some sort of collaborative effort to put together one or two of these and then one of us makes a video out of it.

If this becomes an actual thing, I'd love to contribute! I have experience with both Vegas12 and AAE. I'm not really confident in my voice but I do have some videos with commentary that aren't too bad  :P

I'm not really sure how this is going to turn out but if there is ever a situation i can help out in, Msg me :3

I'll have it in mind, I downloaded Vegas myself, but if I can't make it work out myself, I hope I can count on you. 

I'd be up for helping out with this project, if it is still going. I have my own channel over on youtube where I mostly do VN-related videos, so I have a bit of experience of making videos from there.

As for suggestions on what to upload... I've had this idea of making different top X videos, like "The top 5 worst h-scenes in VNs", "The top 10 VN protagonist that you wish you could punch through the screen", or "The top 5 VNs developed outside of Japan.". That kind of thing.

What's been holding me back though, is that I feel I haven't really played enough VNs yet to actually know which games/characters/moments I should put on any such lists. It could be pretty cool if we could make some sort of collaborative effort to put together one or two of these and then one of us makes a video out of it.

It's still going.

You can make a poll on those if you don't know many yourself. Though, I wouldn't make a "negative" video because of opinions and such.

The same could be said about positive opinions as well. So long as the videos aren't purely mean spirited, I think they could work well.

But 10 WORST h-scenes is already hard to upload to youtube, 10 characters you would like to punch could work because of the lulz, though.

But 10 WORST h-scenes is already hard to upload to youtube, 10 characters you would like to punch could work because of the lulz, though.

It could be done. Just mention whats happening in the scene and the characters that are involved. Maybe use clever editing to show parts of it but nothing controversial. I'd give an example but I can't think of any h-scenes i dislike. Maybe there are some that are dull but nothing worth hating over.

• 4 weeks later...

The Major and I are working on the video editing of the fuwanovel podcast recordings.

I would like to know if any decisions had been made regarding the creation of the said YouTube channel, and who is in charge ?

We can then start uplaoding once they, with the approval of the community of course.

Of course if people want to help they are welcome to. We have agreed on the background we'll be using, and the way we are going to edit.

The Major and I are working on the video editing of the fuwanovel podcast recordings.

I would like to know if any decisions had been made regarding the creation of the said YouTube channel, and who is in charge ?

We can then start uplaoding once they, with the approval of the community of course.

Of course if people want to help they are welcome to. We have agreed on the background we'll be using, and the way we are going to edit.

There is already a fuwa google account, Tay's in charge of it, and once you have your work done you send it to him. I think it works that way.

You should ask Tay for more info if you need so.

I'd be happy to contribute. I actually planned to make a video exclusively about Visual Novels. Basically, a Visual Novel 101 or intro to Visual Novels. I've been scripting for the video for about 3 weeks now and I've got a Blue Snowball mic, so audio quality would be pretty damn good.

I'd post my script so far but I'm on mobile.