Looking for some VN with gameplay

RaaiK

Hello Fuwa members,

Could you guys recommend me any good and enjoyable translated VN with gameplay? I prefer them to be 18+ for the gore/ero, but I'm fine with all-age as well. 

The ones I've finished until now: Utawarerumono  -  Koihime Musou  -  Sengoku Rance  -  Kamidori Alchemy Meister

Can't wait for your recommendations <3

Edit:

A list with the games from the comments into this thread:

Utawarerumono

Koihime Musou

Rance 1, 2, 3, 4

Sengoku Rance

Kamidori Alchemy Meister

Monster Girl Quest 1, 2, 3

Yumina the Ethereal

Eien no Aselia - The Spirit of Eternity Sword -

Tears to Tiara

Virtue's Last Reward

Symphonic Rain

Daibanchou Big Bang Age

Sekien no Inganock (mini games)

Shikkoku no Sharnath

War of the Human Tanks

Princess Waltz 

Gadget Trial

Galaxy Angel 1, 2, 3

Castle Fantasia

Castle Fantasia Renewal 2

Duel Savior

Playable with Emulator:

Corpse Party 

Danganronpa

Pheonix Wright

Monster Girl Quest 1,2, and 3

There's Yumina the Ethereal

I'l let the other members name the rest

Check out Yumina the Ethereal

I just started downloading Yumina the Ethereal :D, hmm, are the Monster Girl Quest games translated? I can't read japanese xD

Edit: Found MGQ games transtaled as well ^^

Edited by RaaiK

I'm don't play much VNs with gameplay, and I'm not sure if this is the type you're looking for but, I highly recommend giving Corpse Party a shot. It's a horror game with incredible characters and an interesting plot. Be warned though, as it is the goriest VN I've ever played.

I'm don't play much VNs with gameplay, and I'm not sure if this is the type you're looking for but, I highly recommend giving Corpse Party a shot. It's a horror game with incredible characters and an interesting plot. Be warned though, as it is the goriest VN I've ever played.

Hmm, sadly the only English translated Corpse Party is for PSP: http://vndb.org/v2632

Eien no Aselia -The Spirit of Eternity Sword All ages but a has very good story and setting.

I'm all up for it if it has a good plot ^^. Thank you! I added it to my list, will play if after Yumina and MGQ! :D

Seinarukana, Aselia's sequel, will be released sometime in the near future (supposedly).

You realize that's a JAST release, right? I am not exaggerating when I say that I would be utterly shocked if it came out within the next 12 months. Maybe in 2 years.

edit: To back this up, Sumaga's translation finished something like 14 months ago. Still not out, with no signs of it coming out any time soon. Django's translation has been "almost complete" for over a year as well. Still isn't done. I have zero confidence that Seinarukana will be finished any time soon. Well, it's to be expected, JAST treats their translators like shit and nobody ever gets paid until a game's release, so it's no wonder why their work ethic is so bad. And I wouldn't be surprised if JAST intentionally delays their releases just so they can postpone paying their translators/editors.

Doesnt tears to tiara have gameplay?

Gonna try it soon! :D

Try Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright series, you can use emulator to play them.

Hmm, I'll find a way to play them if it's possible with an emulator ^^

+

Virtue's Last Reward

Yay, thanks! :D 

Seinarukana, Aselia's sequel, will be released sometime in the near future (supposedly).

As Decay said, it's most likely gonna take a while until it gets translated so... I'll have to wait for it ^^

Baldr Sky and Symphonic rain are the two I can think of.

Thanks a lot, I will surely play them as well! :D

Oh, I didn't knew that you wanted PC games. But if you want to, you can actually play it using an emulator easily. I recommend using PPSSPP if you do want to use an emulator.

Thanks for the tip and the name of the emulator, I'll play Corpse Party 100%

I second this, I used JPCSP psp emulator for danganronpa and it worked fine.

DanganRonpa 2 is coming out later this year, so it might be the right time to catch up. :) Same goes for Corpse Party (BloodDrive coming out really soon), though only in Japanese (and on the Vita).

Since you played Sengoku Rance, why not try more games from the Rance series?

Disclaimer: I kinda hate both Sengoku Rance and Koihime Musou. Story-wise, Koihime Musou is just dull. Some of the heroines are kind of interesting but there's very little to each one's individual storyline. The overall plot is kind of terrible. Gameplay-wise, it's ridiculously simple. The gameplay sections are short, and use some kind of six-way rock paper scissors system. There is no strategy whatsoever. Each fight the enemy behaves in a set pattern so you just learn the pattern then adjust to counter them perfectly. It's almost impossible to lose. If you do lose, you get sent back to the beginning of the battle with extra troops so the win is guaranteed.

A warning for Yumina the Ethereal. Has a big JRPG element, which means you will be grinding your level for hours in order to beat the boss fights....

-Yes, Tears to Tiara has gameplay. Kinda of a real time strategy/tactic

-Sekien no Inganock has mini games, if that counts

-So does Shikkoku no Sharnath

- War of the Human Tanks

- Princess Waltz (loved this one)

- Gadget Trial  (Hilarious)

That's all i can think of at the moment....

I wonder if there's a trainer for Yumina, I wouldn't mind cheating my way through it just to see the story. Some parts of the gameplay are fun but it gets so old after a while. Reminds me of Kamidori, fun at first but it expects you to grind too much to complete all of the quests. Except with Yumina it's not just side quests you have to grind for. If it's much easier in new game plus and there's no downside to it from the perspective of a first time player, I also wouldn't mind just using a completed save and doing that right off the bat. Can anyone confirm that?

I like Pulltop most of the time but Princess Waltz is just a game I can't get behind. I hate the action. I hate how inconsequential the gameplay segments feel to the story (it feels less like you're actually fighting the battles in the story, and more that you're just playing for the privilege of continuing the story, if that makes sense). And while there were parts of the story I liked, I think some of the plot twists were rote and the drama too contrived.

Disclaimer: I kinda hate both Sengoku Rance and Koihime Musou. Story-wise, Koihime Musou is just dull. Some of the heroines are kind of interesting but there's very little to each one's individual storyline. The overall plot is kind of terrible. Gameplay-wise, it's ridiculously simple. The gameplay sections are short, and use some kind of six-way rock paper scissors system. There is no strategy whatsoever. Each fight the enemy behaves in a set pattern so you just learn the pattern then adjust to counter them perfectly. It's almost impossible to lose. If you do lose, you get sent back to the beginning of the battle with extra troops so the win is guaranteed.

I can get bit of a picture thanks.

But... so do you hate them equally? Or do you hate one more than the other?