Are you willing to take a ride to possibly the most perverted bloodshed experience?

ken2260

Are you "excited" at CLOCKUP's newest VN -- Fraternite?

Its OP has been released today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiWiNeNOaFc

The video ends with a heroine's comment: "(I) cannot be saved" (救いなんてない), which contrasts with the remark (かならず君を救ってみせる; translated as I shall save you) made by the voiced protagonist in the PV (also the tagline of the VN):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjoGSBFvyug

Frankly, I don't like seeing people die and being tortured in whatever way even if they are just fictional...

But, I have my particular way of reading such VN -- I just feel curious to see how the writers unfold the story and how different choices can lead to different endings. But I am well known someone is really into some gro(グロ) and "dark-side" story...

May you share your thought on グロゲー(groge) and particularly CLOCKUP's new title?

That OP video coupled with the song is extremly eerie.

Not sure if i'd be the type to read this.

If it's pure horror like Corpse Party then sure because I like that type of horror. Even if it's a person being tortured in some gruesome way it's not there for the purpose of arousing you but to creep you out. I like that stuff.

But if it's an eroge and it has sex scenes with rape and gore and whatnot then not really my type of thing. I'm weird like that.

And judging from this company's backlog it seems likely it'll be the latter option.

That OP video coupled with the song is extremly eerie.

Not sure if i'd be the type to read this.

If it's pure horror like Corpse Party then sure because I like that type of horror. Even if it's a person being tortured in some gruesome way it's not there for the purpose of arousing you but to creep you out. I like that stuff.

But if it's an eroge and it has sex scenes with rape and gore and whatnot then not really my type of thing. I'm weird like that.

And judging from this company's backlog it seems likely it'll be the latter option.

This for me as well.

I like gory stuff (liked Corpse Party, loved Saya no Uta), but as a fetish? Hell no. This looks really disturbing in the very wrong way from the OP - though I would be lying if I said it didn't make me curious. I might check it out just to see how far it can really go.

I'll probably give it a try because I'm into dark/weird stuff and the HCG looks pretty high quality as well.

I'm only cautiously optimistic about the story though, Euphoria was decent but nowhere *near* as good as people are hyping it up to be.

Oh and I'm not into guro as a fetish, either. I don't think this game will be like that, though... it will probably have violence, but not gore during sex (like in some of the more hardcore games) Euphoria didn't have that, either.

I just have to wonder, are these kind of VNs made for a certain group of people that get off on this kind of stuff, or is it just made to disturb you as much as possible? I'm willing to give one of Clockup titles a shot out of plain curiosity if its the later, but th former... yeaaaah, that's kind of scarier than the content itself.

I just have to wonder, are these kind of VNs made for a certain group of people that get off on this kind of stuff, or is it just made to disturb you as much as possible? I'm willing to give one of Clockup titles a shot out of plain curiosity if its the later, but th former... yeaaaah, that's kind of scarier than the content itself.

It seems to be the former. I mean they have an eroge titled Manko Hunter so I'm pretty sure they're trying to please their readers. Rape is one of the most popular hentai genres. I don't understand how someone gets off to watching someone being tortured and forced into sexual intercourse either. I'm sure this is just a niche thing and i'm too narrow minded.

But yeah i don't feel like this will focus on the horror aspect..

That opening song just makes it look like fun don't you think? I've played through Dust mania so stuff like this or worse doesn't gross me out anymore. Nothing surpasses that in wtf and disgusting.

I just had to go and check that title... *much regret*

Though surprisingly it's not the worst stuff I've seen but the worst stuff I've seen is not in a vn so I guess i can consider this the grossest vn I've seen. And surprisingly enough I'm not even weirded out. Not sure if I should be concerned.

Yes, I would agree this is just for a handful of niche players even in Japan. And heavy hardcore H-scenes are there...coupled with brutal death scenes definitely...

You can think of it as a nukige specialized in グロ&リョナ, which is exactly the words used by the illustrator in her tweet.

One of the writer, IzumiBanya (和泉万夜), is also known for writing gruesome scenes...

Still, it is interesting to see how people in the other part of the world can possibly use these materials to tell a story. Judging from the company's previous similar title, Euphoria, it does have a solid story behind these unholy scenes...

The game system contains a "relief setting" which is supposed to make the scenes less disturbing...but I think it is useless...horror and disgust are built by the environment and the experience as a whole but not just graphic or visual experience...

I just hope they can add a function skipping all multi-party rage scenes or sexual perversion scenes...

Well looks like I won't try it then.

I won't judge whoever is into that stuff and can actually get a kick out of it but I really can't.

I'm impressed by whoever writes this stuff, draws this stuff and voices this stuff.

Yes, those voice actresses are definitely of amazing psychological quality...otherwise, they can't bear those H-scenes and torture scenes...

The same goes to the illustrators...

But I think those writers are possibly just some unashamed perverts...and players are looking for excitement in those more and more extreme depiction...

Luckily, most VN players are not into such stuff...

Yes, those voice actresses are definitely of amazing psychological quality...otherwise, they can't bear those H-scenes and torture scenes...

The same goes to the illustrators...

But I think those writers are possibly just some unashamed perverts...and players are looking for excitement in those more and more extreme depiction...

Luckily, most VN players are not into such stuff...

I don't get what is there to bear with, I get that some people dislike extreme gore, but saying that someone can't bare with it is overexaggerated.

Back on the topic if it really is Nukige then I am not interested in it as I don't like any H-scenes, but if it is an Eroge with a focus on a story I would definitely like to give it a try, true I doubt that it will ever get translated.

I played and enjoyed Euphoria a little while back, so I'm relatively interested in it. I don't necessarily like the darker fetish elements that are going to be involved (they certainly weren't the reason I loved Euphoria so much), but I'm interested to see if it has a dark yet amazing story like Euphoria did.