Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 11/10/2016 at 3:36 PM, Aleister said:

Someone know about this engine (Malie) and how can I extract the files?

.eJwFwVsOhCAMAMC7cAAqBXl4G4IEjUoJrdmPzd5

IIRC Malie scripts are packed and encrypted inside the executable, but it's been a while since I've worked with them. What were you looking to access?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, qhp said:

IIRC Malie scripts are packed and encrypted inside the executable, but it's been a while since I've worked with them. What were you looking to access?

All files, scripts, images, video etc etc, in order to translate/work the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone teach me how to extract .pac files from the VN majikoi? im replaying the game and  heard this sweet ringtone... i've  .pac tools/extracters  and none of them seem to work. I feel lost :'(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, after a few successful extractions using Crass, I stumbled upon this vn which, most likely, got some kind of encryption built into it. The vn in question is this one, developed by Dieselmine: https://vndb.org/v18288.

The vn runs on the Kirikiri2 engine, which is indicated by the sole "data.xp3" file residing in the game directory. Not sure how "hard" it is to break the encryption on this one, that is, assuming there is one in the first place.

An extra note: Although Crass seems to be able to extract the file contents just fine, the actual content itself is broken. For example, the CG images don't show anything, besides the error that says "the file is broken and can't be viewed". I also tried using the Kirikiri2 extraction tools I found on TLWiki, but alas, those gave me the same result.

Any ideas? (If you want me to provide you with the necessary files, just ask - or downloa... I mean, buy it yourself somewhere, whatever floats your boat)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a tool to extract .pac files? I want to take the Natsuiro no Sunadokei DVD english subs and put them into the japanese windows version but I don't know how to extract the scripts from the jp version.

Edited by yaaah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. :maple:
This is probably a wild goose chase since people have asked help for similar issues, yet have gotten no answers, but it's worth trying.

A friend and I wants to translate Lovely X Cation 2 (https://vndb.org/v10288)
It uses KRKR2 alongside a bunch of in-home plugins/adjustments (I don't know if that matters or if true)

We have tried all the public tools we could humanely get our hands on to no avail. Either the outputted files (the ones that does matter) comes out as complete gibbers, or we get returned the following error:  Expected "#01" at position 0x17 but saw "#80". :michiru:

Here is the file structure: (What we need is in data.xp3 and the other lc1_p*.xp3 packs.)
http://i.imgur.com/3nfvLQU.png

Here's what we got (scenario folder from data.xp3), and what it looks like when in Notepad++ with SHIFT-JIS Charset Encoding:
http://i.imgur.com/KEnN5xJ.png http://i.imgur.com/dOc8v8p.png

I have also contacted the team working on Lovely X Cation 1 and am currently waiting for a response, we're under the assumption that they should be hella similar and that they've cracked its mysteries; thus being able to help us. Just waiting on a reply, hopefully a good one!

Here's hoping one of you can help us out! In the meantime, my friend will try to break it the hard way, but that might take forever or end-up being beyond us.

Thanks a whole bunch in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I cannot properly extract the nscript.dat from   Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de. Im attempting to modify the file but not matter what the game will crash if i do and the text file extracted only contains gibberish even with a local and language emulator. It seems that with other revisions of the tools that the text will always break and now i can't tell if its because the game uses Nscripter or a revision of Onscripter.

Edited by attempting
Update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2016 at 11:13 AM, SeiZui said:

Can anyone teach me how to extract .pac files from the VN majikoi? im replaying the game and  heard this sweet ringtone... i've  .pac tools/extracters  and none of them seem to work. I feel lost :'(

arc_conv can repack...

 

11 hours ago, Elipy said:

Hi all. :maple:
This is probably a wild goose chase since people have asked help for similar issues, yet have gotten no answers, but it's worth trying.

A friend and I wants to translate Lovely X Cation 2 (https://vndb.org/v10288)
It uses KRKR2 alongside a bunch of in-home plugins/adjustments (I don't know if that matters or if true)

We have tried all the public tools we could humanely get our hands on to no avail. Either the outputted files (the ones that does matter) comes out as complete gibbers, or we get returned the following error:  Expected "#01" at position 0x17 but saw "#80". :michiru:

Here is the file structure: (What we need is in data.xp3 and the other lc1_p*.xp3 packs.)
http://i.imgur.com/3nfvLQU.png

Here's what we got (scenario folder from data.xp3), and what it looks like when in Notepad++ with SHIFT-JIS Charset Encoding:
http://i.imgur.com/KEnN5xJ.png http://i.imgur.com/dOc8v8p.png

I have also contacted the team working on Lovely X Cation 1 and am currently waiting for a response, we're under the assumption that they should be hella similar and that they've cracked its mysteries; thus being able to help us. Just waiting on a reply, hopefully a good one!

Here's hoping one of you can help us out! In the meantime, my friend will try to break it the hard way, but that might take forever or end-up being beyond us.

Thanks a whole bunch in advance.

This error shows on repack? on extract? on run the game?

 

On 23/11/2016 at 2:30 PM, Fukukaze said:

So, after a few successful extractions using Crass, I stumbled upon this vn which, most likely, got some kind of encryption built into it. The vn in question is this one, developed by Dieselmine: https://vndb.org/v18288.

The vn runs on the Kirikiri2 engine, which is indicated by the sole "data.xp3" file residing in the game directory. Not sure how "hard" it is to break the encryption on this one, that is, assuming there is one in the first place.

An extra note: Although Crass seems to be able to extract the file contents just fine, the actual content itself is broken. For example, the CG images don't show anything, besides the error that says "the file is broken and can't be viewed". I also tried using the Kirikiri2 extraction tools I found on TLWiki, but alas, those gave me the same result.

Any ideas? (If you want me to provide you with the necessary files, just ask - or downloa... I mean, buy it yourself somewhere, whatever floats your boat)

Try this:
-Extract All Files
-Delete original XP3, SIG files
-Goto Plugins dir and delete a file with extension .tpm or krkrsteam.dll
-Repack all files using a common kirikiri tool...
just this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2016 at 9:08 AM, marcus-beta said:

This error shows on repack? on extract? on run the game?

My friend says:

This error shows-up while extracting with (I believe) insani's tools.

crass tools will extract it with a fuckton of CRC check errors (http://i.imgur.com/JHqfaNE.png). The filenames will be okay while all the files' contents turns out to be complete garbage.

arc_unpacker (both the stable and the latest beta versions) will recognize it as KiriKiri/XP3, but will fail with an error saying "There was no plugin selected", EVEN if you force it using a flag like -d=kirikiri/xp3

Edited by Elipy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I extracted scripts from SAO using susie plugin and created program to extract/replace text in original files. Repacked files back to .dpm and it worked. What I'm having problem with is that text line length needs to be divisible by 2 or game engine crashes (avoiding this by adding empty space when needed). Any pointers what is needed to add support for UTF in SJIS game? Right now only ascii characters show, everything else is ?. dlsite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2016 at 2:58 AM, Elipy said:

Hi all. :maple:
This is probably a wild goose chase since people have asked help for similar issues, yet have gotten no answers, but it's worth trying.

A friend and I wants to translate Lovely X Cation 2 (https://vndb.org/v10288)
It uses KRKR2 alongside a bunch of in-home plugins/adjustments (I don't know if that matters or if true)

We have tried all the public tools we could humanely get our hands on to no avail. Either the outputted files (the ones that does matter) comes out as complete gibbers, or we get returned the following error:  Expected "#01" at position 0x17 but saw "#80". :michiru:

Here is the file structure: (What we need is in data.xp3 and the other lc1_p*.xp3 packs.)
http://i.imgur.com/3nfvLQU.png

Here's what we got (scenario folder from data.xp3), and what it looks like when in Notepad++ with SHIFT-JIS Charset Encoding:
http://i.imgur.com/KEnN5xJ.png http://i.imgur.com/dOc8v8p.png

I have also contacted the team working on Lovely X Cation 1 and am currently waiting for a response, we're under the assumption that they should be hella similar and that they've cracked its mysteries; thus being able to help us. Just waiting on a reply, hopefully a good one!

Here's hoping one of you can help us out! In the meantime, my friend will try to break it the hard way, but that might take forever or end-up being beyond us.

Thanks a whole bunch in advance.

Really no tools could do this one? Strange, it was a super simple one.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7ch2yk23k0zm79y

To use it, put it in the same folder as the .xp3s, hold shift and right-click in the folder and choose "Open command window here." Use "extract.exe -e data.xp3" to extract, and "extract.exe -c data" to compile back a folder. Replace the "data" part with whatever archive/folder you want to extract/compile.

After extracting data.xp3 for the scenario files, put them all in a folder called sys_patch or sys_patch2 if you have the patch. Probably best to give the patch with your own so you know everyone has it. So you have all the files like sys_patch2\4月6日.ks, and then compile sys_patch2. The game will use that as the latest archive (as long as sys_patch.xp3 exists, if not, it'll ignore sys_patch2.xp3), and so you only need to give out the files you change.

 

TX6hSYx.jpgspoiler]

I haven't tested it on any of the lc2_ archives, cause I don't have them. They shouldn't be any different though (I hope).

Edited by Kelebek1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2016 at 2:44 PM, pual said:

I extracted scripts from SAO using susie plugin and created program to extract/replace text in original files. Repacked files back to .dpm and it worked. What I'm having problem with is that text line length needs to be divisible by 2 or game engine crashes (avoiding this by adding empty space when needed). Any pointers what is needed to add support for UTF in SJIS game? Right now only ascii characters show, everything else is ?. dlsite.

Game seems to use TabbedTextOutA and uses ATL. Just changing that to W version causes access violation, what else is needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pual said:

Game seems to use TabbedTextOutA and uses ATL. Just changing that to W version causes access violation, what else is needed?

A lot probably, but you'll need to at least find where it creates the font with something like CreateFont or CreateFontIndirect and modify the arguments to support whatever character set you want. If changing that to a specific font and characters still show up as ?, then you'll just have to follow with what the game does to render the text and see if it's throwing out characters at certain ranges. You'll find the reason it crashes at non multiples of 2 somewhere there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2016 at 2:17 AM, Kelebek1 said:

A lot probably, but you'll need to at least find where it creates the font with something like CreateFont or CreateFontIndirect and modify the arguments to support whatever character set you want. If changing that to a specific font and characters still show up as ?, then you'll just have to follow with what the game does to render the text and see if it's throwing out characters at certain ranges. You'll find the reason it crashes at non multiples of 2 somewhere there too.

All of this just got a lot easier, since it was actually possible to extract original HSP script file and recreate the whole exe :lol:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×