• 3 months later...
On 2/28/2022 at 2:40 PM, Anonym271 said:

Yes, I once wrote a tool that could repack SystemC FPK files and I also implemented a compression algorithm for it. Can you tell me what game you are working on? Because I believe there are at least two versions of the file format and my program only works with one of them.

However, you could also just try it out: https://github.com/Anonym271/betterfpk. You can find an EXE in the releases section or of course clone the repository and modify it to your desires.

It's a command line tool, use it like this:

Extraction:
betterfpk.exe -e <my-archive.fpk> [output-directory]

Repacking:
betterfpk.exe -p <my-folder> [output-file.fpk]

It's not really fast and the compression results also aren't that great, but it should do the job I guess.

Hi, I tried using this tool and it unpacked fine but if I try repacking it without changes it does not produce a file with the same size as the original, and the game does not run with the repacked file.

This is the game if you want to take a look: https://vndb.org/v6623#main

37 minutes ago, yellowrock said:

Hi, I tried using this tool and it unpacked fine but if I try repacking it without changes it does not produce a file with the same size as the original, and the game does not run with the repacked file.

This is the game if you want to take a look: https://vndb.org/v6623#main

I fixed some bugs about two weeks ago but forgot to publish them as a new release. I just updated it, could you check out the new version and see if it works?

The file size won't be the same as the original one since my compression algorithm is not as good as the developers'. I just tested the new version and repacked some CGs and it worked for me. If you still have issues, tell me and I will look deeper into the problem with your specific game.

36 minutes ago, Anonym271 said:

I fixed some bugs about two weeks ago but forgot to publish them as a new release. I just updated it, could you check out the new version and see if it works?

The file size won't be the same as the original one since my compression algorithm is not as good as the developers'. I just tested the new version and repacked some CGs and it worked for me. If you still have issues, tell me and I will look deeper into the problem with your specific game.

It works now, thanks for the quick fix.