3 hours ago, GTX1080Ti said:

Hi everyone. I'm trying to extract the opening/ending "image sequence" or raw file from the games, Yosuga no Sora, Haruka na Sora, Natsu no Ame.

It seems the opening is stored in the opening.mei file (the file name kinda gives it away). By using GARbro I am able to see a stream of images inside, however its not able to extract it in png format. Is there any tool which can deal with this? A quick google led me to believe this is Entis/ERI format, but literally no pointers to how I can get something out of it.

How big is the file? I downloaded the game trial but it doesn't have any opening.mei file in it, seems like it's not included with the trial. Is the file too big to upload?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! I would like to know if I can ask for help about extracting data of a otome game in this topic. There's archives that I've never seen, I really need the help of someone that know about programming. If i'm in the wrong topic, please let me know and I'll delete this. Thanks for reading :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 1:50 AM, Flare said:

Hi guys! I would like to know if I can ask for help about extracting data of a otome game in this topic. There's archives that I've never seen, I really need the help of someone that know about programming. If i'm in the wrong topic, please let me know and I'll delete this. Thanks for reading :)

https://dontasktoask.com

Sorry if that was a dumb question. I'm just new in forums so I don't really know how to ask for help in them.

The game that i'm translating is "Hakuoki Kyoto Winds", a visual novel otome in Steam. I saw the archives and I think the ones to translate the game are ".pac" (STORY_EN00000.pac , GAME_EN00000.pac to GAME_EN00004.pac) and ".cpk" files (SYSTEM_EN.cpk , GAME_EN.cpk , STORY_EN.cpk).

Do you know any tools to extract data from this files and edit them? If you could recommend me ones and give me a little help to learn how to use it I would really appreciate it! Thanks for reading :)

I know this is a long shot, seeing as how morkt hasn't been active for months (since March 30, apparently), but IxSHE Tell (English) just came out on Steam and I can't seem to extract any image files from it successfully. I mean, they DO extract, but then they're not open-able. The archives are in the root.pfs format (Artemis Engine?) and while GARbro recognizes them as archives and allows me to look into them and extract them, the images themselves come out as if they're still.... encrypted. Every other file format works fine, though. For some odd reason, I can only successfully view or extract backgrounds. Audio (ogg) and such plays just fine, too.

Also.....
Does anyone know how to extract images from the English version of Riddle Joker? I end up with unusable files like "ev102a.pimg" and GARbro says they're archives, but I've no idea how to extract them.

On 11/9/2020 at 7:20 PM, loam said:

Hey, thanks for reporting this. The bug was caused because the paths were being written with a trailing \ into the .dat file when packing them, because my code is removing the base path without considering that and just removing what you give it in the --input. If you use --input "unpacked_root_folder\" with the broken version, you will notice it will work properly. I used this tool like that while making the Switch +18 patch. This is clearly not the intended behavior, so I've fixed it:

Updated download links:

Binary: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0zgkf38g3dswoy6/AokanaDatTool.zip/file

Source: http://www.mediafire.com/file/51oelx9qq91gh6s/AokanaDatToolSrc.zip/file

Thanks for letting me know!

PS: I didn't knew a python script existed out there already, but it's clear there wasn't an attempt to understand what the code actually did. I tried to make the code as clear as possible with meaningful variable/function names so I hope somebody finds that useful.

When ever I try to use this program it always Crashes on me when I put the .Dat file on top of the (AokanaDatToolextractor). Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 1:28 AM, GuyInDogSuit said:

I know this is a long shot, seeing as how morkt hasn't been active for months (since March 30, apparently), but IxSHE Tell (English) just came out on Steam and I can't seem to extract any image files from it successfully. I mean, they DO extract, but then they're not open-able. The archives are in the root.pfs format (Artemis Engine?) and while GARbro recognizes them as archives and allows me to look into them and extract them, the images themselves come out as if they're still.... encrypted. Every other file format works fine, though. For some odd reason, I can only successfully view or extract backgrounds. Audio (ogg) and such plays just fine, too.

Also.....
Does anyone know how to extract images from the English version of Riddle Joker? I end up with unusable files like "ev102a.pimg" and GARbro says they're archives, but I've no idea how to extract them.

Bump?

On 12/26/2020 at 6:28 PM, GuyInDogSuit said:

Also.....

I guess you can use this

https//github.com/sst311212/exixshepng

Hi everyone! So, um, I'm trying to translate Remember 11 to my language (spanish), but I'm having trouble with the script files.

These are packed in an AFS file which I managed to extract with a tool. The problem is that they're in .BIP format and I can't find any way to edit them. I tried searching for several days by now, but the closest I've gotten ended up in me not knowing how to convert them into .BIP again (and I'm not even sure it would've worked, either way). :komari:

So, if anyone knows a tool or some way to edit the script, I'd really really appreciate it! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, need some help with Eiyuu Senki/ES Gold modding. 

I'm using arc_conv and it's working fine, except for one file - AUEvent/Face.dat. I can unpack it, like other ES .dat files, but after repacking it back (even without adding/changing anything inside) game shows errors on startup and crashing on start of campaign.

Back in 2016, when we worked on ES translation port form PS3/Vita, I remember having same issue, but our teammate wolfmoren somehow managed to properly repack it (and we added PS3/Vita characters to the game). Alas, 4 years is a long time, Hongfire died, I lost contact with wolfmoren and our private messages about ES modding got deleted on forum we used.

Without ability to modify Face.dat, properly adding new characters is impossible, which severely limiting any additional modding I would like to do.

I appreciate any help/advice, thanks.

I have created a new GUI tool SLGSystemDataTool for quite obscure for hackers or coders engine SLG System. Legendary series Sengoku Hime and Sangoku Hime are on this engine (probably all Gesen 18 games are on it, but it'll need some testing). Unlike of my previous tools, this one does not support scripts (I did manage to decompile Sengoku Hime 1's scripts, but they are rather tricky, and there was some complications, so I did not release it).

What can it do?

- Extract all types of archives (szs, and SFP (SPD+SPL).
- Repack all archives.
- Convert all types of images (tig, tic, TIM or even alb) to standart formats.
- Reconvert all types of images from standart formats.
- Convert and reconvert VOI audio (it has ogg and some technical data).

- Reconverted alb are half (or less than a half) of original size. It was reached by abusing technology used in this exotic image format.

It also has a help module, which has info about working with video mdm and mda (the tool is not required) besides other formats.

It would be appreciated if the top post would be updated accordingly.

Supported formats: szs, SFP (SPD+SPL), tig, tic, TIM, alb, VOI.
Engine: SLG System.

Edited by Tester

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 5:39 AM, Qooappboy said:

When ever I try to use this program it always Crashes on me when I put the .Dat file on top of the (AokanaDatToolextractor). Any advice?

@Qooappboy This is not a drag & drop tool. You have to open the Windows command-line (cmd) in the folder where your AokanaDatTool.exe is located.

Once you have opened cmd, copy/paste this cpmmand line : "AokanaDatTool.exe" --unpack --input "X.dat" --output "D:\Games\Aokana Four Rhythms Across the Blue\extracted"

Replace the X in the command-line by the name of the archive you want to unpack and modify the output folder if necessary. Ping me for more help ! :)

@loam Thank you for your amazing tool, I was able to unpack the archives of Aokana. I am interested in doing a french fan translation of the game and your tool will greatly help me ! I discovered that most of the dialogues are in the patch.dat file. Your tool can unpack successfully this archive and it creates a lot of folders. The dialogues are in scripts/merge folder : inside, there a lot of bs5 files. I opened them with NotePad++ and I noticed that every dialogue has the symbol in front of it. The beginning of the game is in ep01.bs5 : I translated some texts and it works like a charm just using NotePad++ ! However, the diatric letters are not integrated in the game (only é appear in game, characters such as èàçôîùÀÇ need to be implemented). Here is an example with a missing è for the word problèmes : https://ibb.co/PgwvX7X

Do you think you can take a look at the font files ? Another member is trying to translate the game too and opened a thread about the font here, I suggest we move there if you are willing to help us. Thank you ! :)

Does anyone have exufarc? It's not on asmodean's website nor anywhere else for that matter and I kinda need it to extract certain .arc files. I would use arc_conv but Windows Defender keeps deleting it because of actual trojans and malware.

10 hours ago, Haoren said:

Does anyone know of tools to extract .int files? both Garbro and exkifint are not working. The game is the trial version of Amakano 2.

you should try to use garbro again.

click EXE確認 (maybe different on other languages) and chose .exe that runs アマカノ2.

This worked for me.