On 2019/1/7 at 6:01 PM, lukeegd said:

I made a Github gist that lists some tools needed and has instructions that should deal with these files:

.xp3, .amv, .psb, .scn, .psz, .int, .hg3, .cst

This is mainly written for all Nekopara games (Vol. 1, 0, 2, 3, and Extra), but it can also be useful for other VNs as well

Here's the link: https://gist.github.com/LukeZGD/64b0ecfb7eaccdfbb327ddfea4621723

Also this covers extracting/unpacking only. This does not cover repacking

This is not necessary at all since my FreeMote already handles PSZ. It will be decompressed to PSB when you use EmtConvert or PsbDecompile.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sena_kaito said:

Hello everyone!
Do anyone know how to extract .dat files from Hello,good-bye?
Just try using GARbro and arc_unpacker and no luck
I think they used Unity Engine VN.
Anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance.

Here sample file.

I've been trying to, too, but with no luck. No one seems to be watching this thread anymore.

1 hour ago, GuyInDogSuit said:

I've been trying to, too, but with no luck. No one seems to be watching this thread anymore.

Yeah, you're right. Seems no one watching here :/

Also, I have problem with .war files from Sorcery Jokers. GARbro can read, but always invalid data.
Any solution?

Sample file here

Edited by sena_kaito
add .war file

8 hours ago, sena_kaito said:

Yeah, you're right. Seems no one watching here :/

Also, I have problem with .war files from Sorcery Jokers. GARbro can read, but always invalid data.
Any solution?

Sample file here

English or Japanese release? You need to pick the correct encryption algorithm for whichever files you're extracting.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:07 PM, GuyInDogSuit said:

English or Japanese release? You need to pick the correct encryption algorithm for whichever files you're extracting.

English release. Yeah, I know that method. But seems GARbro failed to decrypt :/

Spoiler

ojgraa.jpg

And finally I know the way to extract .dat files from unity engine, haha :D

Edited by sena_kaito

21 hours ago, GuyInDogSuit said:

How do you do that?

Using this tool,
http://dnrv2.cyriaca.net/makuta/projects/hello/hate2.exe

How to use,
Open CMD on hate2 folder
Then type:
hate2 "input file" "output folder" (without quotes)
hate2 X:\img.dat X:\img (example)
And voila!

Nb: maybe you need turn off your antivirus, in some case, they treat as fake detection.

Good luck!

9 hours ago, sena_kaito said:

Using this tool,
http://dnrv2.cyriaca.net/makuta/projects/hello/hate2.exe

How to use,
Open CMD on hate2 folder
Then type:
hate2 "input file" "output folder" (without quotes)
hate2 X:\img.dat X:\img (example)
And voila!

Nb: maybe you need turn off your antivirus, in some case, they treat as fake detection.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! I don't have anything to try it on currently, but I will soon, I bet.

8 hours ago, sena_kaito said:

Sure! You're welcome. Waiting good news from you XD

Ah, do you know other games than Hello,good-bye which using Unity Engine VN?

Forest Fortress by Flaming Firefly, Poke Abby HD by oxoPotion, Neko Maid Hiroimashita! by CatBellUnion. None of these use dat files, though.

*the latter two aren't VNs but rather "hentai games".

Edited by GuyInDogSuit

19 hours ago, GuyInDogSuit said:

Forest Fortress by Flaming Firefly, Poke Abby HD by oxoPotion, Neko Maid Hiroimashita! by CatBellUnion. None of these use dat files, though.

*the latter two aren't VNs but rather "hentai games".

Hm.. I think I've already extracted the Forest Fortress, using GARbro.
.dat files have a lot of version :/
But I prefer VN than hentai games, haha. I just need that sprites for drawing reference XD

Hello,

I'm trying to extract images from Amagami (PS2 version). It was said here before that there is not much chance for non-pc game like this, but I've happened find something that seem to be usable: https://github.com/SaracenOne/amg-codec-tool

The thing is that this program has no actual release (I don't understand why some creators are just not making them) and I cannot compile my own release, because I have NEVER actually succeed in installing Microsoft Visual Studio. (I'm not kidding, I've tried it on about four different devices with Windows in the range of five years and the installation always failed and uninstall back again before completing).

Is there anyone who can compile it for me here?

Or is there any other program I can use?

Thank you. :)

Hellos everyone,

I've been trying to edit the files from Yosuga no sora (to be specific, the CG archive data1.noa ) and have managed to extract a bunch of eri files

from the noa archive that holds the data. However, once I modified the files and reconstructed a noa archive using noa32, the game can't seem to read

any of the files within the archive. Furthermore, the modified archive was approximately 10mbs smaller than the original, but the modifications I made

shouldn't make such a difference. I even tried decompressing the original noa archive (with both Crass and MEI Player) and then just reconstructing it without changing anything,

but the same problem occurs, leading me to feel that the initial decompressing process is failing to extract certain files within the archive.

I've been looking around for solutions but can't seem to find any. Is there another way to decompress noa archives?

Or is there a problem with the way I'm compressing? Any help would be appreciated, i've been on this for days now

20 hours ago, Nanashi3 said:

Hi there,

I had a Qt Gui kit lying on my computer https://mega.co.nz/#!L1UBCQ6T!P1B2hWNRuAoPsT4xjuHgs7Q_etfQUE04K9tK5n_kgUU

It crashes on IMG extraction though :/

OK, thank you. I have QuickBMS to extract the IMG files, so it's not a problem. :)

But this tool seems to require some XML file to extract the arcs. I've look into all directories and even into AMAGAMI.IMG, but there is no XML here. :(

How am I suppossed to use it?

3 hours ago, Nikdo said:

OK, thank you. I have QuickBMS to extract the IMG files, so it's not a problem. :)

But this tool seems to require some XML file to extract the arcs. I've look into all directories and even into AMAGAMI.IMG, but there is no XML here. :(

How am I suppossed to use it?

AFAICT it is an output parameter that is used to for the --repack corresponding command

It produces such a file

<archive>
  <header entriesCount="602" dataOffset="0x2f10">
    <undecodedData>some base64 stuff</undecodedData>
  </header>
  <entries entriesCount="602">
    <entry unknown0="0x1" offset="0xea0d0" size="0x940" unknown1="0x250dc57a"/>
  </entries>
  <files entriesCount="602">
    <file offset="0x2f10" size="0x1f40" filename="file_0000.tm2" type="TM2"/>
  </files>
</archive>

3 hours ago, Nanashi3 said:

AFAICT it is an output parameter that is used to for the --repack corresponding command

It produces such a file

<archive>
  <header entriesCount="602" dataOffset="0x2f10">
    <undecodedData>some base64 stuff</undecodedData>
  </header>
  <entries entriesCount="602">
    <entry unknown0="0x1" offset="0xea0d0" size="0x940" unknown1="0x250dc57a"/>
  </entries>
  <files entriesCount="602">
    <file offset="0x2f10" size="0x1f40" filename="file_0000.tm2" type="TM2"/>
  </files>
</archive>

Haha, I know what XML in general is. :D The problem is that there is no such file or information there.

Maybe it is because I have the PS2 version. Did you encounter the same problem when using this tool?

EDIT: Yeah, I get it now. The xml file is generated, not required. Now, I have to figure out what is it with the tm2 files and why have them all exactly same size... :/

EDIT: Yeah, I've got it complete. Thank you very much!!! :D

Edited by Nikdo