On 20/04/2018 at 10:38 PM, Huang Ling Yin said:

try CriPakTools, but please note...

I am probably doing it wrong, but the codes used on command prompt (following the read me file inside the tool's folder) don't work on the file.

If the file "IMAGE.PCK" is in the same folder as the "CriPakTools.exe", I opened  command prompt as administrator, changed directory to the folder and used the code " CriPakTool.exe IN_FILE", substituting the IN_FILE part for the name of the actual file I want to extract.

Is that it? Because, the code to extract all is "CriPakTools.exe IN_FILE ALL", which I used as "CriPakTools.exe IMAGE.pck ALL".

The result is the pic below. What I am doing wrong?

344cnxh.jpg

Edit: I managed to do it by asking in the ZenHax foruns. Their admin made a custom script to use in QuickBMS and all the CGs came out in .tm2 format, which I was able to convert easily.

Thanks for trying to help, Huang Ling Yin! In case you need some image files edited, you need only to ask.

Now, back to the project.... Demonbane will get a "Realta Nua" of sorts, after all.

Edited by AstralSword
Just updating. I already got what I needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone kind enough to decrypt me the scripts from this link? They are from the vn Golden Marriage. They are .ws2 scripts. Normally i'll just use Garbro for this but these scripts are from the Append Patch for the game. They aren't in an actual archive though to just auto decrypt/extract through garbro, so i have to rely on someone. Why does Essemble tends to put their patches on a folder instead of an archive..... Thanks in advance! ^^

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dm84i00y0pztvv9/Golden_Marriage_Append_Scripts.rar

Edited by iKiritoCy

14 hours ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

if you search in the forum, you'll found the tools i provided on the script extraction thread already...

Sry it's been a while since i needed something from this forum and i didn't check for a new post with extraction tools. Any tips on how to use the specific tools i need? Or are they simple like garbro, or KrkrExtract etc?

Edited by iKiritoCy

8 hours ago, iKiritoCy said:

Any tips on how to use the specific tools i need? Or are they simple like garbro, or KrkrExtract etc?

depend on which tools you're using, some of them are simple tools with gui, some of them are drag and drop, and the rest are command line, but its not that hard, they come with readme file with usage explanations...

2 hours ago, GuyInDogSuit said:

I'm having issues extracting media from Momoiro Closet, specifically images. I am using GARbro, and it has an option for Momoiro Closet. I tried "as is" and I get blank images that can't be opened. I tried converting to PNG and I get conversion errors. Help!

most people here also using garbro for their extractor, so i dont think we can help much, but it would be faster if you create an issue instead, maybe it will be fixed soon.

Heya, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but recently I've been trying to translate Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo ~Sanshimaitono Dokidoki Kyoudou Seikatsu~, and although extracting the data was fairly easy with the tools in the OP, I've yet to find a way to put them back in. The problem lies in that I don't know what type of archives/packs I'm supposed to build. The folder has 11 files with no filetype called "dat01" through "dat11". With GARbro I managed to unpack them into images, sound files, etc. while dat01 contains the script itself, under the form of many .adv files which seem to be editable in Notepad++. However as mentioned I have no idea how to put them back in the 'dat01' state after editing them.

Has anyone seen this type of structure before? Are there some other already translated VNs I should be looking at? Any help or pointer into the direction I should be searching would be much appreciated, thanks!

6 hours ago, disk said:

Heya, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but recently I've been trying to translate Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo ~Sanshimaitono Dokidoki Kyoudou Seikatsu~, and although extracting the data was fairly easy with the tools in the OP, I've yet to find a way to put them back in. The problem lies in that I don't know what type of archives/packs I'm supposed to build. The folder has 11 files with no filetype called "dat01" through "dat11". With GARbro I managed to unpack them into images, sound files, etc. while dat01 contains the script itself, under the form of many .adv files which seem to be editable in Notepad++. However as mentioned I have no idea how to put them back in the 'dat01' state after editing them.

Has anyone seen this type of structure before? Are there some other already translated VNs I should be looking at? Any help or pointer into the direction I should be searching would be much appreciated, thanks!

its hard to tell without further information, anyway since you can get the files you want with garbro, its should tell you what kind of archive type you're trying to extract...
x66qRnl.png

On 5/15/2018 at 4:42 AM, Huang Ling Yin said:

its hard to tell without further information, anyway since you can get the files you want with garbro, its should tell you what kind of archive type you're trying to extract...

Oh, you're right. I can't believe I was dumb enough to overlook that.

pxxaex.png

Thanks! Now I'll have to look into what AST script engine is, but at least I have a lead instead of just starring at the binary code hoping to see something I recognize.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya Folks.

I would like to etract from the following game. https://vndb.org/v14934

My problem is that they are packed in a .pak file.

I have already tired KOGADO .pak  and arc_unpacker. Both do not work.

Does someone have any idea how to extract them?

please do not mind it anymore. Got it to work. GARbro was the answear to my problem.

Edited by Draugarnor

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody! I have some trouble about extracting CG from .noa files. I need to extract some picture from a japanese game, I've tried with many recommended tools like Crass (crage), Susie, Noa32 and Extractdata with susie plugins but results have been negative, as you can see on the screenshot. Can you help me?

http://t1168133_Snap1.png

http://t1168134_Snap2.png

clicked "yes" with default setting but no data extracted

http://t1168135_Snap3.png

"all done" but no data extracted inside the folder

~Hia, I'm working on modifying dialogue scripts for A Sky Full of Stars 「Fine Days」 and i can't find a way to repackage the text back to .ws2 and into the game. If anybody knows how to repack these text files back into .ws2's and repack it into the game's files please let me know =)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Since I finished my latest translation (Aiyoku no Eustia), I would like to start a new one.

My choice fell to Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road , because need something comedy about after such a story. 

I tried to contact the English translation team, but I was not able to. I did not find myself extract and insert tools,  so I would like to ask for help. If anyone could help me, I would be grateful.

Laczy90

7 hours ago, Laczy90 said:

Hello everyone!

Since I finished my latest translation (Aiyoku no Eustia), I would like to start a new one.

My choice fell to Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road , because need something comedy about after such a story. 

I tried to contact the English translation team, but I was not able to. I did not find myself extract and insert tools,  so I would like to ask for help. If anyone could help me, I would be grateful.

Laczy90

What engine of the Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road?
And have finished the translation? is to the Hungarian?, if yes, can you send your list of modified chars in that font?
I want revert the text to translate to another lang

Edited by marcus-beta

What engine of the Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road?
And have finished the translation? is to the Hungarian?, if yes, can you send your list of modified chars in that font?
I want revert the text to translate to another lang

I think it use kikiri, and has .dat files.

I found such a tool, but I do not understand how to use it. https://github.com/vn-tools/whale-tools

My font modifications:

á=#
é=$
ű=_
ú=+
ő=*
ö=&
ü=~
ó=/
í=|

Edited by Laczy90

@Laczy90, so... you don't know how to use... well
download from here: https://megaupload.nz/n4w0F0ffbd/Tsujidou-san_no_Jun_ai_Road_Tools.rar
install before of all this program: https://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2/
Drop the .dat file over the "extract.bat" 
ghiyfk.png
and you will see this directory 
lxgggh.png
to repack drop this directory to the 'repack.bat'

I tried extract but the scripts.dat result is too small, maybe this tool failed to extract someting so keep atention, but i tried launch and the game run without problem.

11 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

@Laczy90, so... you don't know how to use... well
download from here: https://megaupload.nz/n4w0F0ffbd/Tsujidou-san_no_Jun_ai_Road_Tools.rar
install before of all this program: https://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2/
Drop the .dat file over the "extract.bat" 
ghiyfk.png
and you will see this directory 
lxgggh.png
to repack drop this directory to the 'repack.bat'

I tried extract but the scripts.dat result is too small, maybe this tool failed to extract someting so keep atention, but i tried launch and the game run without problem.

Thank you!

I managed to get the text out, and now I'm starting to test the way things work.

The size of the text files is not totally strange, about 8,000 pages in total, which is normal. I do not know why the english was so big, the original japanese has same size.

Edited by Laczy90

• 2 weeks later...

I want to start translating https://vndb.org/v5416 , the game files are the following:

f8vEQy3.jpg

Using GARbro, I found out A, B, C, bgm and PDT have audio files while lm24 and lm32 have the images, but I couldn't read neither mk.dat or script.dat. I tried using NSDec and GARbro, NSDec gives me an unreadable file for both of them and GAR shows script.dat has several .BIN inside but it couldn't open them, I also tried opening those .BIN with exfavbin and crass with no success.

Could someone please either tell me which tool should I use to extract these files or extract them for me?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I know someone has already mentioned this on page 30, but I'm still looking for a way to unpack/repack .dbs files under dat folder from Summer Pockets. There are actually scripts in there that are not included in Scene.pck such as the creator names from shimamon fighter mini game as shown below:

FyQDYxe.png

QpdHfbo.jpg

Does anyone have a clue? I also uploaded the files if needed.

https://mega.nz/#!sZgy2QwT!WSizjZzYrlidXNCVItrv-Oj5bBaYI2g1VI_1z5Z7-8g

Edited by able1214

17 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

lol I didn't even realize that since I have this tool for a long time. BTW cg_info.dbs and music_info.dbs in Summer Pockets use Shift-JIS encoding and your tool uses UTF-16, opening those two files shows unreadable texts as shown:

4aRpLkP.png

It'd be nice if you could fix it :)

Edited by able1214