Okay, so i have been all over the web looking for ways to do this but i cant seem to figure it out at all!

I need help extracting all of the assets from Iwaihime for PC. All of the files except for a few are all .cpk files, and when i try to extract them with the many various programs for .cpk files i either ned up with numbered files with no extension, or .dat files that i still dont know how to use or extract. 

I even tried using the .cpk viewer program and when i try to use it, i get a critical error with something about being out of memory. then if i continue instead of quit i get an error talking about a number needing to not be a negative number. 

I really wanna try and make a patch for this, but before i can start working on the files, i need to find a way to get all of them apart in to formats i can edit then recompile back into the program without issue. I want to translate the menus and i want to get a group together for the translation. 

Can anyone here help me? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! I'm looking for help with extracting data from eroges made by Valkyria. There's a few that I would absolutely love to translate and share in english. I have not had any luck with finding out how to extract or repack data from their games and it seems that they use their own proprietary engine so it's seeming kind of hopeless right now. Thanks!

Hello everyone!

Last week, I finished my one-year project the Akatsuki no Goei Trinity translation to my language (hungarian).

I do not want to stop and my next plan is the Aiyoku no Eustia. I find the bgi tools, but it wont work whit accented letters like áéóöőüúű, what we use. I contacted english translators, but it not sure they can help. Unfortunately, I do not understand any programming, and I'm a one-man team. 

I really hope that someone can help with this!

Laczy90

6 hours ago, Laczy90 said:

Hello everyone!

Last week, I finished my one-year project the Akatsuki no Goei Trinity translation to my language (hungarian).

I do not want to stop and my next plan is the Aiyoku no Eustia. I find the bgi tools, but it wont work whit accented letters like áéóöőüúű, what we use. I contacted english translators, but it not sure they can help. Unfortunately, I do not understand any programming, and I'm a one-man team. 

I really hope that someone can help with this!

Laczy90

BGI Games uses the SJIS (932) encoding, is impossible to put á é í ó ú in the game, you can only edit the font and replace a japanese character with a character with accent.

15 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

BGI Games uses the SJIS (932) encoding, is impossible to put á é í ó ú in the game, you can only edit the font and replace a japanese character with a character with accent.

Thank you, that make quicker. I already have that like font because an another translation.

I just have to find where to set it.

I checked all the system files, but I did not find where I could set it up. Someone could help me?

Edited by Laczy90

On 2/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, Laczy90 said:

I checked all the system files, but I did not find where I could set it up. Someone could help me?

afaik bgi store their font settings on _bp files under either sysgrp or sysprg, just use bgitools from tlwiki to dump the _bp files and use text crawler to serach the font name, the default font should be MS Gothic, once you found it, change MS Gothic to your custom font

edit:
looks like Aiyoku no Eustia dont have font setting like any other bgi games...

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

On 2018. 02. 28. at 5:45 AM, Huang Ling Yin said:

edit:

Yes, I checked all 4,000 pages, but I did not find it. But I solved my direct rewriting of the MS Gothic font file, so it works.

Thank you for the advice. :D

1 hour ago, Laczy90 said:

Yes, I checked all 4,000 pages, but I did not find it. But I solved my direct rewriting of the MS Gothic font file, so it works.

Thank you for the advice. :D

But you have to notice that the MS Gothic font is used by so many games. If you customed it directly and other users do the same it will be a problem when you have to read another game in japanese or so, also the font is used by the windows system as well and would be errors there

50 minutes ago, Xander said:

But you have to notice that the MS Gothic font is used by so many games. If you customed it directly and other users do the same it will be a problem when you have to read another game in japanese or so, also the font is used by the windows system as well and would be errors there

Yes, I was very careful in the character exchange, and use never or rearly use characters like á=#, é=$, í=|, etc.

Super long time, no see.

Technically, what I want to do isn't a translation at all, but requires the same kind of data extraction and manipulation and I have nowhere else to ask. I did ask on Reddit (different username there) in r/visualnovels, but I don't think I'll get an answer there.

I have the Steam version of Root/Double and, so far (still midway through route A) most of the OST has been pretty lackluster. A few standout tracks aside, it's just... there.

I was thinking about replacing it, but I know absolutely nothing about the kind of data extraction required to do so.

My questions are:

1) Is it possible to replace the BGM and, if so, how?

2) Is it possible to edit the script calls to the music to fit more tracks in? For example, if scenes X, Y and Z originally use one track and I want them to have three different tracks, I'd need to edit the script file to do so. Is this doable? If so, how?

3) Is it possible to do 1) and 2) without Steam freaking out and "auto-updating" the edited files, or should I download a cracked version detached from Steam?

Edited by Muzozavr

On 01/03/2018 at 5:15 PM, Laczy90 said:

Yes, I was very careful in the character exchange, and use never or rearly use characters like á=#, é=$, í=|, etc.

What tool did you use to modify the font? Because I kind of have the same issue with my translation. I also need to put ç, á, é, ê, ã, and so on.

I tried modifying both MS Gothic and Meiryo (which is basicaly MS Gothic with a different name) but I can't make the special characters appear.

I used fontforge to modify them, and at least in the program, the glyphs are changed to the special characters I need.

9 hours ago, AstralSword said:

What tool did you use to modify the font? Because I kind of have the same issue with my translation. I also need to put ç, á, é, ê, ã, and so on.

I tried modifying both MS Gothic and Meiryo (which is basicaly MS Gothic with a different name) but I can't make the special characters appear.

I used fontforge to modify them, and at least in the program, the glyphs are changed to the special characters I need.

Whit FontCreator. If you need, i can send you.

On 2/28/2018 at 12:45 PM, Huang Ling Yin said:

afaik bgi store their font settings on _bp files under either sysgrp or sysprg, just use bgitools from tlwiki to dump the _bp files and use text crawler to serach the font name, the default font should be MS Gothic, once you found it, change MS Gothic to your custom font

edit:

Actually, Aiyoku no Eustia does have font setting. It's under System Setting iirc. You can choose between MS Mincho or MS Gothic

12 hours ago, Laczy90 said:

Whit FontCreator. If you need, i can send you.

Thanks a bunch bro. I received help yesterday and was able to modify the font.

I also used FontCreator before reading your post, so I guess this is the best tool around for this haha

Also thanks for going out of your way to actually offering to send me the program. I really appreciate the help :D

• 2 weeks later...

Any way to extract the CG images from G-senjou no Maou: The Devil on G-String? They're compressed in an .xp3 archive, and are extracted as .tlg files. Which I can't seem to convert whatsoever.

Also, how can I extract CG images from 2D Unity games? Looking to do this with Shards of Eradine.

EDIT: Found out how, for Unity games! With UnityStudio!

Edited by GuyInDogSuit

Hello, I'm recently trying to extract 'Riddle Joker', Yuzusoft, for my fan translation team

It's made with Kirikiri Engine, and I used all of kirikiri unpacking tool, but it just resulted random data files.

I think the company set private encryption to xp3 files.

To decrypt this, Where can I start? I can use python and c++, and have little understanding in reversing and data tree

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Reple said:

Hello, I'm recently trying to extract 'Riddle Joker', Yuzusoft, for my fan translation team

It's made with Kirikiri Engine, and I used all of kirikiri unpacking tool, but it just resulted random data files.

I think the company set private encryption to xp3 files.

To decrypt this, Where can I start? I can use python and c++, and have little understanding in reversing and data tree

Thank you.

maybe you can join this thread