I'm trying to extract data from Lose's game Maitetsu and I can't the programs to work. Also I'm not sure how to extract the game data from COMPLETS games like 野外学習2 and 野外学習3, and then re-packt them.

Edited by Haiyami

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Last year i made my first VN translation to my language (hungarian) and lot of people liked it. This year, i want start a bigger project with my favorite VN the Akatsuki no Goei. I want translate the Trinity Edition, , because it has better pictures resolution. But i can't find working. unpack-repack tools. The file is .xp3, but i think it's protected, because with all tools what i used, just give me unreadable script files.  The extracted files has .ks extension, maybe this is the problem. I tired open with word and notepad++.

I plan make an english translation too.

I really hope that someone can help with this!

Laczy90

Hey, I've been trying to extract some images from this VN 

Specifically, fc.ypf (face images)

unfortunately none of the tools are working at all. It's a Yu-ris (ypf), so it's a tough nut to crack... but since I managed to somehow make it with their prequel VN, I thought it'd work. Lol, it didn't.

Some halp here?

Hello. I've been trying to find a way to extract CG Art from Steins;Gate 0 but .mpk files are giving me a hard time. I'm not trying to do it for myself, my goal is to upload those files on the internet for other people to see. Is anyone in here able to help me achieve this goal? I know that it is possible because somebody made a japanese to english patch on VNDB via updating .mpk files.

Thanks for caring enough to read my request. Sorry for being useless in terms of data extraction.

edit: Managed to contact a person who were able to provide me a good unpacker for the files. Request closed.

Edited by Heikedin
No need to help me anymore

Gah..... Anyone know a way of how to pack YU-RIS v466 .ypn back into .ypf? I got the extracting, editing, and repack of the script files themselves, but to no success I get them packed back into an Archive and recognized by the game D:

EDIT: Okey, screw it. Tried to add the packer myself to AD, but it looks nigh impossible right now to get anything up or down to use the src files of it.

EDIT2: More screws were done. If the org dev of AE sees this, the numbers for the ArchiveProfile are $FF and $FF11D2. (PS: Reason for inability is this not-at-all-findable delphi. )

Edited by Guest93
Screw it^Screw

On 2017/2/6 at 1:10 PM, Laczy90 said:

Hello everyone!

Last year i made my first VN translation to my language (hungarian) and lot of people liked it. This year, i want start a bigger project with my favorite VN the Akatsuki no Goei. I want translate the Trinity Edition, , because it has better pictures resolution. But i can't find working. unpack-repack tools. The file is .xp3, but i think it's protected, because with all tools what i used, just give me unreadable script files.  The extracted files has .ks extension, maybe this is the problem. I tired open with word and notepad++.

I plan make an english translation too.

I really hope that someone can help with this!

Laczy90

The Akagoei .ks files are obfuscated with a weak algorithm that's described here: http://www.geocities.jp/keep_creating/DojinDOC/HowToDecrypt.html

(Reference for search engines: these obfuscated .ks files start with the byte pattern "FE FE 01 FF FE")

You can use the following tool package for translation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvf78jd3iz93uqq/Akatsuki no goei tools.zip?dl=0
It contains a custom-made kscrypt.exe for deobfuscation. (Easier to use than the Perl script in the above Geocities link)

Extract the .zip into the game's main folder and run unpack.bat. This will create a "script" subfolder with all the scenarios as .txt files: just the strings (character names, narration and dialogue), none of the game logic. They'll look as follows:

// <0001> 暁の護衛
<0001> 暁の護衛

// <0002> プロローグ1
<0002> プロローグ1

// <0003> 物心がついて最初に教わったのは、人を疑うことだった。
<0003> 物心がついて最初に教わったのは、人を疑うことだった。

As you can see, each line occurs twice: once with a "//" prefix and once without. The first is for keeping a copy of the original Japanese line; the second is to be replaced by a translation.

Once you've made changes to the scripts, you can run pack.bat to create a patch.xp3 file. From then on, the game will use your translation. This patch.xp3 is the only file you need to distribute for sharing your translation.

Edited by frc_

3 hours ago, frc_ said:

The Akagoei .ks files are obfuscated with a weak algorithm that's described here: http://www.geocities.jp/keep_creating/DojinDOC/HowToDecrypt.html

(Reference for search engines: these obfuscated .ks files start with the byte pattern "FE FE 01 FF FE")

You can use the following tool package for translation: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60681258/Akatsuki no goei tools.zip
It contains a custom-made kscrypt.exe for deobfuscation. (Easier to use than the Perl script in the above Geocities link)

Extract the .zip into the game's main folder and run unpack.bat. This will create a "script" subfolder with all the scenarios as .txt files: just the strings (character names, narration and dialogue), none of the game logic. They'll look as follows:

// <0001> 暁の護衛
<0001> 暁の護衛

// <0002> プロローグ1
<0002> プロローグ1

// <0003> 物心がついて最初に教わったのは、人を疑うことだった。
<0003> 物心がついて最初に教わったのは、人を疑うことだった。

As you can see, each line occurs twice: once with a "//" prefix and once without. The first is for keeping a copy of the original Japanese line; the second is to be replaced by a translation.

Once you've made changes to the scripts, you can run pack.bat to create a patch.xp3 file. From then on, the game will use your translation. This patch.xp3 is the only file you need to distribute for sharing your translation.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

It's working perfectly! I was really lost and almost give up! Now i start working on it right away!

Sincerely,

Laczy90

So yeah I had xp3tools-20060708 to work but it doesn't work anymore. But I can't find a tool that exacts data from Complets games because their file format is in MPX, GDS and VMD. The .GDS I'm assuming is character images. The .VMD I'm assuming is voice and the .MPX is script/text. There was a tool on wiki that could extract mpx files but the person who programmed it requires you to have python installed. I don't want python installed because I have no clue how it works, what "embedded into variable path" means, etc. I'd rather not mess installing python when I don't know the effects it would do to my system, and what the consequences would be if I uninstalled python at a later time. The tool is very non-user friendly. I've already tried installing python once and it screwed up my extracton tools and slowed down my computer.

If anyone wants to give this tool a go. You can download it.  You can down the Complets extraction tool here. I sure as hell don't know how to work it.  

Edited by Haiyami

Hi guys,

I have a question more related to pak files rather than the types of games you discuss here. The game I want to extract the images is a hidden objects game from Big Fish. I have successfully localized the english text xml file but I am missing the images of the menu, hint and some other buttons. I suspect there are in a large pak file in the main game directory, but neither Crass (does nothing), nor AE (shows file is unsupported or broken) were able to do anything and the PAK method on the first page doesn't work either. Any help is much appreciated as I've been searching for hours already and feel frustrated :(

15 hours ago, herairness said:

Hi guys,

I have a question more related to pak files rather than the types of games you discuss here. The game I want to extract the images is a hidden objects game from Big Fish. I have successfully localized the english text xml file but I am missing the images of the menu, hint and some other buttons. I suspect there are in a large pak file in the main game directory, but neither Crass (does nothing), nor AE (shows file is unsupported or broken) were able to do anything and the PAK method on the first page doesn't work either. Any help is much appreciated as I've been searching for hours already and feel frustrated :(

Try this, maybe work:

https://github.com/morkt/GARbro

Edited by EL_IMBÉCIL

On 26/02/2017 at 7:11 PM, herairness said:

Hi guys,

Greetings herairness,

If @EL_IMBÉCIL's method does not help you, you may want to try the tool Extract Data, which is useful for extracting a wide variety of content, especially if you are finding things difficult to open (although sometimes it can miss some files). If you want to give it a try the tool is located here:

https://tlwiki.org/?title=Tools#ExtractData

4 hours ago, iKiritoCy said:

Can anyone help me get the scripts from Chaos;Child in a .txt form?

The file which needs to be extracted to get them is .mpk and apparently you can use a program called QuickBMS but idk how to use it ;/

there is a tool for that https://github.com/marcussacana/NPCSManager , made by @marcus-beta you can ask him how to use it...