Hello everyone!
I started a translation to my language, hungarian. But i have a problem, successfully extracted the script, but the files coded in Shift-JIS. In the hungarian we use lot of á, é, ű, ú, etc. But these are not compatible with it. I tried use another code, but the game can't display the text therewith.
Have someone idea what can i do? (My programing skill: 0)
The game: https://vndb.org/v15147

Hi.
I am trying to unpack BG and Sprites from Root Double. However, I came across the .cl5 files. They really sound familiar but I have no idea how to extract images from then. Here is an example of such file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9qXA8yclPg6WUdDdUswMnFYcDQ/view?usp=sharing

I need help extracting the .cl5 files. I did look for it the the Data Extraction Thread and quickbsm but no luck
thanks in advance

On 20/3/2016 at 3:26 PM, Memoria said:

Here 

I had already asked but then I believe the post got snowed, I'll quote my previous request:

Does someone know how to extract the files .arc from the Ayashi no Miya game?

I tried with Crass and Extract data but neither of them worked. Also tried with the other suggested above, but nothing.

I've come with a problem that has been persisting for so long. I'm seeking for extracting Valkyria's  ガチンコ!ビッチクラブ  (Gachinko! Bitch Club). Unfortunately Crass can only extract the event CG, but I don't want the event CG. I seek for the char sprites in PNG (without background) orBMP with Alpha chanel to cleanup. The same way, the westside tool and the tool from asmodean to rip it are not public, so, if anyone knows how to get the char sprites from this VN, I'd appeciate it deeply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2016 at 3:21 PM, Laczy90 said:

Hello everyone!
I started a translation to my language, hungarian. But i have a problem, successfully extracted the script, but the files coded in Shift-JIS. In the hungarian we use lot of á, é, ű, ú, etc. But these are not compatible with it. I tried use another code, but the game can't display the text therewith.
Have someone idea what can i do? (My programing skill: 0)
The game: https://vndb.org/v15147

Use fontforge and modify a font used by the game. It's the way i used for Kanon and little buster! for the french tl.

3 hours ago, steve30001 said:

Does anyone know how to rip the files & script from Hatsuyuki Sakura? It uses SiglusEngine and I assume the script is in Scene.pck.

You guessed correctly. However, the problem is that each SiglusEngine game uses its own encryption keys for this file. You'll need to find the specific keys for Hatsuyuki Sakura and place them in the various extraction and reinsertion tools before you can get to the scripts.

Fellow Fuwa forum member @marcus-beta made a tool to help with this. There's even an instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYc-uxZRsIg

If you don't manage to do it, I'll gladly do it for you; on the condition that this is for a translation project :)

1 hour ago, frc_ said:

You guessed correctly. However, the problem is that each SiglusEngine game uses its own encryption keys for this file. You'll need to find the specific keys for Hatsuyuki Sakura and place them in the various extraction and reinsertion tools before you can get to the scripts.

Fellow Fuwa forum member @marcus-beta made a tool to help with this. There's even an instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYc-uxZRsIg

If you don't manage to do it, I'll gladly do it for you; on the condition that this is for a translation project :)

I'm pretty bad at hex editing and that kind of stuff. So if by any chance you could do it for me that'd be really sweet of you. :)

And it's not for personal use, that much I can say.

Someone can help me? I want start a project into english together to my group (Secret for now) but the files is .WAR. The current hacker don't have knowledge about it, basically we need the Key file for extract the archives. Arc_conv can extract with the key (maybe) but that work in asm level and that is something that we don't have :komari:

14248889_1269757313068555_1232018196_n.p

16 minutes ago, Aleister said:

Someone can help me? I want start a project into english together to my group (Secret for now) but the files is .WAR. The current hacker don't have knowledge about it, basically we need the Key file for extract the archives. Arc_conv can extract with the key (maybe) but that work in asm level and that is something that we don't have :komari:

14248889_1269757313068555_1232018196_n.p

Use arcconv mod warcscan to get the key (execute this after starting the game): arc_conv --mod warcscan key.txt
That should give you the key for most games - if that doesn't work, you'll have to get the key from the executable or make custom tools if the archive format is different for that game.

12 minutes ago, Porygon2 said:

Use arcconv mod warcscan to get the key (execute this after starting the game): arc_conv --mod warcscan key.txt
That should give you the key for most games - if that doesn't work, you'll have to get the key from the executable or make custom tools if the archive format is different for that game.

This --mod warcscan only support games of engine 2.48 or less but the problem... this engine is v2.49. I mean, we need make a tool or debug the game to get the key file but the arc_conv can found war files name. For us only the key is needed and a repack tool but that is what we can't do  :komari:

Not sure where this topic belongs, but it's not exactly data extraction because I've already done that bit.

I extract Hoshimemo's images with crass and it converted all of them to BMP. What I want is to test and edit out on some of them to see if progressing is worth it, but I have no idea what format the game uses, the image files have no extension and are all around 3Mb while the BMP files are about 5Mb.

I know reinsertion can be done because those practical jokers over at Staircase Subs inserted those dolphin pictures for Mare's H-scenes. I also know that the engine supports loose file loading so repacking archives would be unnecessary if the game just loads the correct files.

So does anyone here know what format they are and how to go about converting them from BMP back into a usable format or are they secrets that Staircase are taking to the grave?

Hi, could anyone help me? I extracted assets from the Vita rip of Chaos;Head Dual and I want to be able to extract the scripts from it. The file extension is .rio and the file is only 8mb. Is it possible to extract and repack the scripts for this game? Here's a DL link to the .rio file.

https://mega.nz/#!k5liUK5K!3UKrRVctMw-RuCvJg2CHLHl-rGYS5PyuEi3J2pzBk08

Please let me know if it's possible.

On 2016/9/3 at 8:53 PM, steve30001 said:

I'm pretty bad at hex editing and that kind of stuff. So if by any chance you could do it for me that'd be really sweet of you. :)

And it's not for personal use, that much I can say.

Here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60681258/Hatsuyuki Sakura translation tools.zip

• Extract into the game's main folder
  • Run unpackscene.bat
  • Edit the .txt files in the Scene folder, making sure they stay encoded in UTF16LE
  • Run packscene.bat (faster) or packscene-compressed.bat (smaller Scene.pck)
  • Launch game

The game's images are in the "g00" folder and can be converted to and from .png using vaconv-cpp.exe.

4JPYhLu.png

Hi, could anyone help me? I extracted assets from the Vita rip of Chaos;Head Dual and I want to be able to extract the scripts from it. The file extension is .rio and the file is only 8mb. Is it possible to extract and repack the scripts for this game? Here's a DL link to the .rio file.

https://mega.nz/#!k5liUK5K!3UKrRVctMw-RuCvJg2CHLHl-rGYS5PyuEi3J2pzBk08

I hear .rio files are for the Muv Luv engine? I used http://riox.thisillusion.org/index.html to extract a couple scripts, it looked like it extracted the 'tips' and 'system warnings' from the file. I am not sure if there are anything else that could be extracted but it looks like this is where the scripts are located. If anyone wants more context, please let me know. 

Please let me know if it's possible.

I can't get any tools to extract the xp3 files from Corona Blossom Vol 1. Kikiriki.exe extracted a bunch of files, but they don't open in any image viewers, even if I change the extensions.

With Xp3-extractor, I get

Expected "#01" at position 0x17 but saw "#80".
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "xp3-extract.py", line 104, in ?
    assert (indexoffset+compsize+17 == filesize)
AssertionError

I've tried all kinds of tools, but only the two above mentioned actually did anything/recognized the file.

EDIT: arc_unpacker sort of worked, but at the end it said that it is a protected archive. None of the extracted files are viewable for some reason.

Edited by GuyInDogSuit