Hi guys! It's my first time here in this particular thread. I've been trying to open a certain game(Iwaihime - 祝姫) and get the scripts out of it, unfortunately, the .cpk extractors all over the internet doesn't seem to be of use on this kind of cpk. I've seen that most of it works on DBZ and some psp games, this looks like a new kind/version of cpk too. Though, I can unpack them using the DBZ cpk extractor, the problem is, they're all dumped file. I can't determine their real extensions(yet). I'm also a noob on this part, so I just want to hear some advices on how I should even progress through this. Thanks in advance! :D

EDIT: So I've tried to extract some files again, this time I went to open the files on a pad editor. It turns out that the files extracted have an xtx extension. I'm currently reading some posts here on this thread since I saw someone mentioned xtx.

EDIT: Currently, I'm trying this kind of extraction here. As far as the first extraction of sys.cpk, it showed these type of files.

000.dat - 007.dat, 009.dat, 008.pbo, 00a.dat, and 00b.dat

I'm going to try and extract more files so I can find the scripts. Oh yeah, I just have the demo version for now.

Hello, guys!

I very want to extract files from "Hanikami Clover" by Studio Ryokucha, but... It has strange .iar and .war format.

ExtractData only helps with opening movie (.wmv), but I don't need it. I just only need main poster image in menu and music. AE tool and Crage doesn't help. Universal Extractor too.

Don't know what to do, how you guys do it...

If you can help, it would be very cool! Thank you very very much!

And if you explain how can you do it, thanks too.

On 13/2/2016 at 4:11 AM, CryingWestern said:

Because it's not something that you can just "include" with the files. Powershell use to be pre-installed in windows, up until windows 10, but even then to run the files you want you would need something else (I can't remember).

Problem solved, it was not poweshell but php (maybe that's the same thing?)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention I've fixed a bug in the "vaconv" tool from RLDev (used for converting from and to the proprietary .g00 image file format of the RealLive and SiglusEngine game engines).

The bug is that if a .g00 file contains multiple images, vaconv places these over each other in the resulting .png, leaving only the last image visible and the others obscured partially or completely behind it. This typically makes editing impossible. Some people have found a workaround involving Crass, screenshots, manual image stitching and RealLiveMax (the all-Japanese RealLive SDK)... But this is a quite involved process.

Instead I fixed vaconv so it properly places the various images of a .g00 below each other in the output .png, allowing an editor to change all of them without the manual hassle mentioned above. (And by "fixed", I mean "rewrote from scratch in C++", since I gave up on trying to compile the original OCaml code after half a night)

This new tool is named "vaconv-cpp.exe" to distinguish it from the original "vaconv.exe" in RLDev. ("cpp" for "C++")

Example with a file from Hanasaki Workspring:

vaconv.exe _config_system_hscene_select_btn.g00
GY38eHX.png

vaconv-cpp.exe _config_system_hscene_select_btn.g00
FyfGFmP.png

Download (includes complete source code as a VS2015 project). VS2015 runtime is required.

Edited by frc_
Fix broken download link

Hello everyone! Like many other people here I want to learn how to extract/edit data. The game I want to translate is "Ao no Kanata Four Rhythm". I know it already has a translation project that's almost done but I want to do it myself.

I used AnimeED and was able to find what I think is the script file... at least it says script._bp. I also found many other files with the names of the characters. I'm not sure if those are the script files? It's at this point that I have no clue what to do or if I'm even doing the right thing in the first place.  Help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Yuki_Sora said:

Hello everyone! Like many other people here I want to learn how to extract/edit data. The game I want to translate is "Ao no Kanata Four Rhythm". I know it already has a translation project that's almost done but I want to do it myself.

I used AnimeED and was able to find what I think is the script file... at least it says script._bp. I also found many other files with the names of the characters. I'm not sure if those are the script files? It's at this point that I have no clue what to do or if I'm even doing the right thing in the first place.  Help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

5 hours ago, CryingWestern said:

The files have a unique encoding, Crass and the BGI tool can't extract it. AE can extract the files but can't decrypt them. Sprite usually puts their own custom encryptions on their stuff.

I was judging from the example file he put, which was not encrypted and perfectly extracted.

There are two data extraction projects exist that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread. First is arc_unpacker, a command line tool somewhat similar to arc_conv. Second is GARbro, GUI 'browser' for VN archives. They're more or less actively developing and have some new archive formats supported, like the one used in Tokyo Necro for example.

Hello. I seek help in extracting VN game data (pictures and text) from Android / apk.

VN: Here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencross.android.Airs or here http://3dgamesforandroid.com/down_Airs(エアーズ).html 

Problem: I can extract the apk to the point of having what I believe is engine code. However everything in /assets/ in encrypted - pics (in res, sys, ui) and text (in db).

Any advice is appreciated. (ehm, except leaving this be)

2 hours ago, Scorp said:

Probably want to see contents?

@Curious You did not made your homework, Google for "mpk propeller". 

http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/exmpk.html

https://github.com/vn-tools/propeller-tools

If he were to use this to try and translate it into another language, then I'll Immediately hate him. Considering I'm apart of the MG Localization team for Tokyo Babel and he's using the English trial.

9 minutes ago, CryingWestern said:

If he were to use this to try and translate it into another language, then I'll Immediately hate him. Considering I'm apart of the MG Localization team for Tokyo Babel and he's using the English trial.

Ah, so that's the case, got it :) But too strong emotions, anyway. Translations which are based on english translation happen all the time (reverse is also possible, looking at Arcadeotic project Suomi2English). So if he translate the trial this could be good for promo.

Just now, Scorp said:

Ah, so that's the case, got it :) But too strong emotions, anyway. Translations which are based on english translation happen all the time (reverse is also possible, looking at Arcadeotic project Suomi2English).

It only works when the people who worked on it don't find out. In this case, I found out.