Having trouble extracting a .bin file from ちんくる★ツインクル フェスティバル!(Tinkle★Twinkle Festival!) by DigitalCute.
Tried Asmodean's Exdxa which is specific to DigitalCute titles and exfavbin. With exdxa, I drag the bgm.bin to the Exdxa_v1 and v2 exe files and nothing happens. With the exfavbin, I get a freeze where it stops responding. I also tried crass/CragGUI and nothing happens. https://blog.ztjal.info/ even suggests that ExDxa is used to extract Tinkle Twinkle Festival so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.
Here's the bgm.bin if anyone wants to have a crack at it or can tell me what I'm doing wrong in my process. The music is some crazy liquid dubstep which surprised the fuck out of me because it doesn't match the overall game setting at all, but is really quite catchy. It made fucking these chicks the most important mission in the world.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2wmlwahhcjaily0/bgm.bin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I've downloaded this VN a few hours ago. It runs on Nscripter, and so I tried to extract the script from nscript.dat and the files from arc.nsa. However, I've run into some troubles:

- First of all I've tried to use ExtractData, which tells me that "nscript.dat/arc.nsa does not exist". I found it strange since ExtractData works perfectly with other Nscript titles, and obviously those files do exist.

- After that I tried usign NSDec and NSAOut. NSAOut managed to extract background/sprites/CGs/BGM without any problem whatsoever. NSDec on the other hand doesn't work at all.

- Another thing I've noticed is a bunch of files with a .np extension, numbere 00-10 and 90-92. What exactly are those files? I've never seen those on a Nscripter game.

4 hours ago, Gabriulio said:

So, I've downloaded this VN a few hours ago. It runs on Nscripter, and so I tried to extract the script from nscript.dat and the files from arc.nsa. However, I've run into some troubles:

- First of all I've tried to use ExtractData, which tells me that "nscript.dat/arc.nsa does not exist". I found it strange since ExtractData works perfectly with other Nscript titles, and obviously those files do exist.

- After that I tried usign NSDec and NSAOut. NSAOut managed to extract background/sprites/CGs/BGM without any problem whatsoever. NSDec on the other hand doesn't work at all.

- Another thing I've noticed is a bunch of files with a .np extension, numbere 00-10 and 90-92. What exactly are those files? I've never seen those on a Nscripter game.

What's the game.

But it... did upload correctly.

Wait, wait, wait. There clearly is something wrong in here.

First of all, I've just noticed that the actual nscript.dat really has only 0b. I just now did a series of tests:

- First of all, I suspected the script might be contained in the .np files, and nscript.dat was just a dud because Nscripter needs that file despite whatever mumbo jumbo the programmer did. So I erased nscript.dat. The game didn't start and I got a warming that "the script couldn't be found".

- After that I tried using a blank 0.txt and it didn't work again, with the warning being "*define label does not exist". Converting that 0.txt into a blank nscript.dat also didn't work either. Which is strange because how can the normal nscript.dat be necessary if it has 0b?

- Then I tried inserting the nscript.dat from another VN, and its arc.nsa as well. In short, I was testing to see if the .exe could run another VN. It didn't work, but the warning it gave me was eye-opening: "*define label function overload".

Somehow, the programmer managed to put the actual script in those .np files... I guess. I tried erasing those .np files one by one. Most of the files couldn't let the game run because of function overload.

00.np = *define

01.np-10.np, 90.np = *cg_mode

Leaving only 91.np and 92.np allowed the other VN to run properly and without any errors, which means... I don't even know anymore. I never heard of that file extension being used in Nscripter until now, and googling it didn't show any results. If anyone wants to try making sense out of it, here are the .np files and the 0b nscript.dat.

Hi,

I am trying to get the script from the VN Kamikaze explorer. I got the tools for this game (I think it comes from wairu):

544423tool.png

Now when I paste this on the Kamikaze main folder, the "decompile" file works fine: the scene folder gets a bunch of cst files, but that's actually all I can do with this tool:

I can't convert cst files too txt, the "text" folder is always empty no matter what I do, the extract_text files pop up and close when I try to use it.

I think that something is missing, but since I am not used with this kind of tool maybe I am doing something wrong?

Someone have an idea?

2 hours ago, Kirashi said:

You need to download a program called Powershell, then you need to do various amounts of other things to use those. (Anyhow those tools are Doddlers, looks like wairu took them, added an extra file or two and claimed them for his own?)

Anyway, to save you the trouble, here. This is the dialogue extracted from the scripts.