Does the following help?

https://basicvntls.wordpress.com/koichoco-tools-and-file-info/

The main files of the game are KSC-MAIN.dcr and the respective .cct files. If you rename the .dcr to .dir and the .cct to .cst, you should be able to open these files in Macromedia director.

There are several ways to extract these files. The first option is the general tool arc_conv (https://github.com/dsp2003/arc_conv). Just download the files and run build.bat to compile.

Next there’s our tool written by binaryfail. With dcr_extract-decALL you’re able to extract the raw files in these archives. You can then go ahead and replace a file, and pack the archive back together with gen_dcr.exe.

arc_conv question:

I use it on a .bml file, and it successfully extracts all of the script .txt files. However, the files are garbled, and it is not solved by switching between file encodings in SakuraEditor.

Do I need to use a commandline argument to extract the files cleanly?

Ok, sorry to add onto the question pile xD

I'm trying to extract the scenario.xp3 from the visual novel dracu-riot!. I can extract stuff like the scene list, but the extractors i've been using keep telling me "That archive is protected" and "Expected #01 but got #80". I've tried the following extractors: Crass, XP3 Extractor, XP3 Viewer, ExtractData.

When I set the param for the crass one like tpm1="" it began to extract the hidden files, but then failed and stated it had a runtime error. What extractor should i use for this? Any ideas how to bypass the protection on the archive?

The scripting engine is kirikiri2.

I'm trying to extract the scenario.xp3 from the visual novel dracu-riot!. I can extract stuff like the scene list, but the extractors i've been using keep telling me "That archive is protected" and "Expected #01 but got #80". I've tried the following extractors: Crass, XP3 Extractor, XP3 Viewer, ExtractData.

When I set the param for the crass one like tpm1="" it began to extract the hidden files, but then failed and stated it had a runtime error. What extractor should i use for this? Any ideas how to bypass the protection on the archive?

It is anti-piracy or anti-translation protection. For example. Lilith started using it after translation groups translated the first few Taimanin games.

I don't know what workarounds exist.

It is anti-piracy or anti-translation protection. For example. Lilith started using it after translation groups translated the first few Taimanin games.

Dam, i assume they do exist. Since staircase subs managed to get around it. Oh.....hahah i just thought of something. The kirikiri engine reads patch2.xp3 when it starts up and uses the files in there instead of those in in scenario.xp3. I already know the file names i need to overwrite, so couldn't i just write a file into patch2.xp3 to replace the file in scenario.xp3?

For instance, in scenario.xp3 there's a file called "★プロローグA(始まり).ks", then in patch2.xp3 (The one staircase subs made) there's a file called "★プロローグA(始まり).ks.scn".

So perhaps i don't even need to extract the files. I can just create a file of name e.g "ニコラ-その1(事実).ks" for Nicola's route in patch2.xp3 and then that file will get overwritten?

Ok, i overcomplicated that. But if anyone can get a workaround for me it would be a great help, i've started translating Azusa's route so i want to be able to implement it when ready.

EDIT: This makes sense if you can understand it ^ xD It relies on the fact that you don't need to see where the file is to overwrite it, provided you know the files names. When i tried to extract scenario.xp3 i got 4 files extracted and then an error. One of the files i extracted was !scnlist.txt (Scene List) which gives me all the file names for all the chapters and routes. So i can just overwrite them in the patch2.xp3 archive.

Edited by Arbiten

Hack the crypt and decrypt, then put decrypted files in patch3.xp3 for example. all would work normally. Same way with all recent games who still use krkr2.

Hi hi.

So, I'm trying to extract the scripts from Gahkthun in order to get an idea of the size of the script and the various chapters.

TLwiki has tools that were made for the Shikkoku no Sharnoth translation, which I assume uses the same engine (at least the file format is the same). They're c++ code among which one is supposed to be able to dump the script of the game. I compiled them and tried running the right one on the scr.xfl of Sharnoth (as a first test, before trying Gahkthun) and all I got was an empty scr folder, so I assume something is going wrong.

I joined here the txt file with the readme instructions of the tools and what's on my console when I try to unpack the script.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Fipjsrh.jpg

Down, I am not sure that it really uses same format, having in mind what I saw in Doddler's twitter. Probably header changed. Do not have a game, so cannot check.

Anyway, universal answer is: use arc_conv, unpack scr.xfl, after use decode.cpp (most likely would not work, as I think they modify script format in every game). You can write your own extractor, there is a table somewhere in the middle, which points on text portions. Or you can just cut text portions and count them (remove special chars and char names via some regexp in your fav text editor), if all you want is to measure script size).

PS: Btw, why not just ask koestl for that? He will not bite you, if you ask on ask.fm I think.

Would any one know a way to properly insert the script files from Aiyoku no Eustia? The Engine's BGI.

I tried using BGITools (http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Tools) and Crass. Everything seems to unpack and repack fine, but when I put the new encoded extensionless script files into the game directory and run the game, only the names are translated.

Never mind, it works now. Looks like the problem was I copy-pasted just the the bgitools python files into another folder and tried to use them, while there were in fact a few other files the program needed. And also the the program can't re-encode certain some set of special characters, like M-dashes ('—'), you can use the shorter dash that the Japanese version uses, though.

Edited by Chronopolis

Upload the scr.xfl file, It'll be easier to try out since I don't want to download the game.

I got it working already, thanks though. The game data's in .arc and then inside those, extension-less script files.

I was asking gourry, but ok.

gourry was asking about eden*, there is no scr.xfl there. That's a minori game, not Liar soft.