Hello everyone. So, I tried to extract character sprites from 死舞草, but the background for the sprites are black instead of clear. The file that contained the files were in .xp3 format and I used both ExtractData and Crass. Both gave me the same result. Is there a way to extract the sprites with clear background? The sprites were in .bmp format btw. The CGs worked fine though. Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone. So, I tried to extract character sprites from 死舞草, but the background for the sprites are black instead of clear. The file that contained the files were in .xp3 format and I used both ExtractData and Crass. Both gave me the same result. Is there a way to extract the sprites with clear background? The sprites were in .bmp format btw. The CGs worked fine though. Thank you in advance.

Have a look at this:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11282-bluish-character-sprites/

In summary, alpha channel transparency requires a 32-bit BMP, which is not standard, and there is no software I know of that is capable of correctly handling all the various ways that have been used to encode alpha channel information in BMPs. It seems that your image software probably doesn't interpret what the game interprets as alpha channel data in the same way. Some .BMPs use ARGB, others use RGBA, and so on, and judging from the Wikipedia article on the file format there might be even more ways to do it. To get around this in my project I had to write my own conversion program.

Just convert the image in AnimED from bmp to png.

1. Open AE, then open the Image Tool tab. Then change the whatever your format bar says to "png"(it usually says bmp)

http://puu.sh/jOZ3h/e7dc85ade6.png

2. Click on Batch conversion, when the little window opens up, give it the directory of where your images are located. Then hit ok and you images will be converted to png.

http://puu.sh/jOZ3r/f79fc31d5a.png

PS: This also works in reverse and also for other types of images.

Have a look at this:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11282-bluish-character-sprites/

In summary, alpha channel transparency requires a 32-bit BMP, which is not standard, and there is no software I know of that is capable of correctly handling all the various ways that have been used to encode alpha channel information in BMPs. It seems that your image software probably doesn't interpret what the game interprets as alpha channel data in the same way. Some .BMPs use ARGB, others use RGBA, and so on, and judging from the Wikipedia article on the file format there might be even more ways to do it. To get around this in my project I had to write my own conversion program.

It was the extractors fault on that post, most extractors will do it with out a problem, it's just that bmp's seem to take advantage of the alpha channels in the images and makes the entire image seem colored, yet it isn't... it's hard to explain, i would make a video on it but I can't be bothered if no ones going to watch it.

It was the extractors fault on that post, most extractors will do it with out a problem, it's just that bmp's seem to take advantage of the alpha channels in the images and makes the entire image seem colored, yet it isn't... it's hard to explain, i would make a video on it but I can't be bothered if no ones going to watch it.

Well, in my case I didn't stop using arc_conv, and what I did was write a script that unscrambled the colour channel orderings in the game sprites. I don't know if it was arc_conv that did that, or if Arcana simply used a weird encoding of alpha for its sprites, as 32-bit BMP with alpha is not unambiguously defined, as some further research uncovered. It worked to extract all of the other non-sprite graphical assets from the game properly though, so go figure. I imagine that Yoxall is seeing something similar but less severe in the sprites they've extracted.

@CryingWestern - Hmm, for some reason, the image does not appear with the alpha. I tried converting it to .png, but the whole image isn't there and only the alpha is saved. 

@stormwyrm - Do you know how to go about writing the command line for this? I tried using ImageMagick and used the transparency command line, but the sprite is terribly rendered out. 

Before: http://i.imgur.com/3mCQcuY.png

After: http://i.imgur.com/qXZ5fyV.png

Also, thanks for the help guys.

After having a look at the files this is your problem, it's because the images don't have the alpha channel to begin with... The masks are seperate image files, which is why nothing would work.

There's a way to merge them back together with PS, but it'll take some time. Guess you could try and find a merger.

Alright, thanks CryingWestern. Hopefully gimp works.

I'm trying to extract Bishoujo Mangekyou #3 -Kami ga Tsukuritamouta Shoujo-tachi- 美少女万華鏡 -神が造りたもうた少女たち-

I just want the soundtrack.

Using exfp3_v3.exe I was able to successfully extract #2 with no issues but not #1 or #3.  It seems to be doing the filenames completely wrong and he error I'm getting from exfp3 is related to the filenames being screwed up. I'm using Japanese locale.

exfp3_v3.exe b3\data2.pack key3.fkey b3.exe

Could not open ・碆鱚・・(Invalid argument)

Alternatively, does anyone have the .ogg soundtrack for the #3 game? I already have #1 and #2.

Hi. I want to extract the script from Rasen Kairou. Any tips?

Yeah, but it'll take time. Since the only way people have been able to obtain the scripts from that engine is through a hook, and you need to go and play right through the entire game. (I'm guessing it's the rUGP Engine.)

I'm trying to extract Bishoujo Mangekyou #3 -Kami ga Tsukuritamouta Shoujo-tachi- 美少女万華鏡 -神が造りたもうた少女たち-

Using exfp3_v3.exe I was able to successfully extract #2 with no issues but not #1 or #3.  It seems to be doing the filenames completely wrong and he error I'm getting from exfp3 is related to the filenames being screwed up. I'm using Japanese locale.

Alternatively, does anyone have the .ogg soundtrack for the #3 game? I already have #1 and #2.

I'll have a look and see.

Here, http://www.mediafire.com/download/1drtg9e0dmlywjo/music.rar

Here, http://www.mediafire.com/download/oryyl97jp981z8g/WSC_Scripts.rar

Yeah just contact me through Fuwa.

NOTE:

"%Cxx05I%CFFFF" and "%N" will pop up in the scripts. The "%N" is a breakline(or Next-line) code. If you delete it put it back otherwise you'll have to manually put the back.

For "%Cxx05I%CFFFF" I have no Idea what it's for, since i haven't played the game. But the ones that did the patch put them in. Though I do know it's used around a capital " I ", like this "%Cxx05" " I " "%CFFFF".

Here, http://www.mediafire.com/download/oryyl97jp981z8g/WSC_Scripts.rar

Yeah just contact me through Fuwa.

NOTE:

"%Cxx05I%CFFFF" and "%N" will pop up in the scripts. The "%N" is a breakline(or Next-line) code. If you delete it put it back otherwise you'll have to manually put the back.

For "%Cxx05I%CFFFF" I have no Idea what it's for, since i haven't played the game. But the ones that did the patch put them in. Though I do know it's used around a capital " I ", like this "%Cxx05" " I " "%CFFFF".

Thanks. I PMed you. Hope you will help me.

Hey there people!

I have been working on a VN from 2003 (Kokoro Navi)

and i can't get the .EPK files to extract, no matter what software

i use. So i am wondering if anyone of you knows where i can

find support for that file type.

Extractors i have tried:

AE 0.6.10.420

Crass 0.4.14.0

ExtractData 1.20

Metin2 EPK Extractor

Thank you for any answers that might help,

this is starting to get into a nightmare.

HUGE thank you to binaryfail for a working extractor.