Ok well I made a very hacky one that can at least get the files out of script.dat (won't work with others, and only works for this trial): http://pastebin.com/qH0gTuG7 - Python 2.7, run it as "script.py script.dat." I can't re-crypt them.

I have no idea how this format actually works. I don't know what the first dword is, I don't know how the TOC works, every file seems to be 0x15 bytes (or maybe they're chunks, just compressed separately?). Seems to have a bunch of weird encryption on it, I assume it must be where the offset, comp len and uncomp len is. Dunno about the rest. There's also 2 unknown dwords at the end after file 9, before the first file data start.

Other data types (tlg/ogg/png) have different decryption as far as I see too.

So this one's beyond me, I leave it to binaryfail and nfinite. :)

Ok well I made a very hacky one that can at least get the files out of script.dat (won't work with others, and only works for this trial): http://pastebin.com/qH0gTuG7 - Python 2.7, run it as "script.py script.dat." I can't re-crypt them.

I have no idea how this format actually works. I don't know what the first dword is, I don't know how the TOC works, every file seems to be 0x15 bytes (or maybe they're chunks, just compressed separately?). Seems to have a bunch of weird encryption on it, I assume it must be where the offset, comp len and uncomp len is. Dunno about the rest. There's also 2 unknown dwords at the end after file 9, before the first file data start.

Other data types (tlg/ogg/png) have different decryption as far as I see too.

So this one's beyond me, I leave it to binaryfail and nfinite. :)

Thanks. Can this code can also extract the other .dat files in that game?

BTW, I already sent a msg for binaryfail earlier. I hope to get his reply soon.

Nope, it can't. I hard-coded all the file positions and lengths because I can't figure out how to get them from the archive itself, so it'll only work with script.dat. The arcx.dat files use a whole different way of encryption based on the filename (which I couldn't see at all for the script files). So long story short; nope, it only works with script.dat. Sorry.

You should learn to read.

Not only are you posting links that have nothing to do with extracting, you're posting a link for something you didn't even read and you're trying to act smart for it.

The link you posted describes the process of compressing/crypting/publishing the game after you've finished making it and what I need and what I asked for was the opposite of it.

Thank you very much for your help, dear sir.

You should learn to read.

Not only are you posting links that have nothing to do with extracting, you're posting a link for something you didn't even read and you're trying to act smart for it.

The link you posted describes the process of compressing/crypting/publishing the game after you've finished making it and what I need and what I asked for was the opposite of it.

Thank you very much for your help, dear sir.

ahem!sorry about that... I read somewhere that you can edit the game without extracting it using livenovel.

and also you can't find anything inside the .exe of a vn.

• 2 weeks later...

A certain hater of fun took it down. ;)

:o But who could have done this !?

*Looks to the right*

*Looks to the left*

How dare someone take down my thread !

*Hands on hips*

*Showing teeth as a sign of anger*

Truly outrageous !