I probably should have mentioned to take a look at the Usage (https://github.com/Wilhansen/nipa#usage) and Supported Games (https://github.com/Wilhansen/nipa#supported-games) section on the nipa project page. For Chaos;Head you'll want to do nipa -xg filename.npa ChaosHead, and nipa -xg filename.npa Muramasa for Muramasa. Even though Saya no Uta isn't on the Supported Games list, it still works for some reason.

I can confirm that Steins;Gate doesn't work. I was looking around, and according to this page (https://github.com/FGRE/libnpa#libnpa), "There are 4 known .npa file formats, three of which can be read by nipa tool. This library (currently) implements fourth which is used by Steins;Gate". So it uses a different kind of .npa which NIPA can't read. So Steins;Gate wanted to be different, ruining the fun for the rest of us.

Okay this seems to be working on choas;head

Edit : What the heck happened to my original post, Half of it is gone ...

Oops spoiler tag issues ;p

I probably should have mentioned to take a look at the Usage (https://github.com/Wilhansen/nipa#usage) and Supported Games (https://github.com/Wilhansen/nipa#supported-games) section on the nipa project page. For Chaos;Head you'll want to do nipa -xg filename.npa ChaosHead, and nipa -xg filename.npa Muramasa for Muramasa. Even though Saya no Uta isn't on the Supported Games list, it still works for some reason.

I can confirm that Steins;Gate doesn't work. I was looking around, and according to this page (https://github.com/FGRE/libnpa#libnpa), "There are 4 known .npa file formats, three of which can be read by nipa tool. This library (currently) implements fourth which is used by Steins;Gate". So it uses a different kind of .npa which NIPA can't read. So Steins;Gate wanted to be different, ruining the fun for the rest of us.

Oh, that fixed it. Can confirm that Muramasa works with the extra parameter. :)

Thank you very much for sharing this information. :) Curious about S;G though..

Personally tried Saya and it worked fine indeed. Probably also going to extract Gekkou no Carnevale after I finish it, I already read somewhere that it works fine for that one too.

Think I'll extract data from If My Heart Had Wings later, It's just a bunch of .arc and .dat files. So when I extract data from any VN should I post about it here so you can mark it verified and list the contents? Is that helpful?

No luck with Steins;Gate, by the way.

Think I'll extract data from If My Heart Had Wings later, It's just a bunch of .arc and .dat files. So when I extract data from any VN should I post about it here so you can mark it verified and list the contents? Is that helpful?

No luck with Steins;Gate, by the way.

Yup, if you happen to extract something, it would help me a lot if you did that :)

Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete (If My Heart Had Wings)

There are a bunch of other files for IMMHW that I still need to figure out how to open, but here are the .arc files for now.

Used the ExtractData method in the original post.

NOTE: when opening these files in ExtractData, a warning will pop up saying it isn't supported. Click 'Yes', it works anyway.

bgm.arc - soundtrack

chip1.arc - images not featuring characters. backgrounds and stuff.

chip2.arc - images featuring characters.

chip3.arc - same as chip2

chip4.arc - images used for effects. gradients mostly.

chip5.arc - same as chip2

chip6.arc - same as chip2

GRAPHIC.arc - sprites and character faces

Se.arc - sound effects

SysGraphic.arc - Images for menus and such

SysVoice.arc - voice clips for menus and such

The following files don't show anything when opened with ExtractData. Probably has something to do with that error I mentioned earlier. I'll look into an alternative method.

Effect.arc

Rio.arc

Script.arc

Just wanna say that I successfully used ExtractData to open the .dat files in IMHHW. They're all wmv and mpg files. Again, a warning will pop up saying it isn't supported. Click 'Yes', it works anyway.They're all just little clips of things like clouds passing when they're in the glider, or the road passing by from the first scene. But the OP and ED are clearly labeled.

So, for .dat files, ExtractData should work. I don't have any others to test it with.

428 ~ in a blockaded Shibuya & Imabikisō

Platform(s):

iOS, PS3, Wii, PSP

Filetype(s):

*.sns & *.flo

Description:

¡Notice!

The PSP, PS3 and Wii version uses CriTools in order to pack the game content. Android/iOS users can let this step out, because after extracting the cpk you'll get the same to.sns & to.flo files like on iOS/Android.

Although this post is based on 428, Imabikisō uses the same engine, so it should work as well.

The to.sns file is the main script file, which has the game text stored. It is encrypted. So in order to decrypt the to.sns file, you can use my 428tools (thanks to binaryfail for the tips).

Unfortunately it will only decrypt the files "in a basic way": After decrypting with my tool, you'll get the same result as it can be found inside the RAM of the PSP. Click here for a full RAM Dump; here for a minified version.

Unfortunately, changing the text into something with a higher or lower amount of characters results in crashes. That is the point, where my team and myself are failing. We need to find a way to get the real scripts out of the binary data.

If you have a look in a hex editor, you'll see, that there are many references to xml files inside the to.sns file.

hexXML.png

Therefore I think, that it is a container file. After doing more investigations on the RAM of the PSP, I couldn't find any clue, on how to get those xml files, cause aren't cached inside the RAM. Therefore we would need to reverse engineer it (most probably), which is bad, as none of us, know how MIPS or working with a disassembler works. If anyone out there can help us, with that, it would be awesome or at least, how I can start working with the PPSSPP Disassmbler.

The to.flo has text too, and additional binary data, that can be viewed inside a hex code.

So although a step has been done, there is still some huge parts left.

I hope, that we'll get the hacking done, so we can proceed in translating the wonderful visual novel.

lolgc~i-vntp & team

Does someone know who to use Susie and its plug-ins.

I have no idea what to do ... 

The website is in Japanese and the autotranslator ... doesn't really help ^^

http://www.digitalpad.co.jp/~takechin/download.html

When I launch Susie this appears :

7Vg4b7W.jpg

I don't even know if that's the right tool.

I'm asking this cause I need some of these plug_ins, especially the Kogado one for symphonic rain but I have no Idea how to use them.

You want to extract to contents of the .pak files in Symphonic Rain? If so I think I got it.

I don't have Symphonic Rain right now, but I just downloaded a few of it's files for a little bit of testing.

For the .pak files in Symphonic Rain, download and unzip

Kogado_pak_amlist.zip

Then inside that there is PakDecomp.zip, go ahead and unzip that.

Place the .pak file in the folder with PacDecomp.exe. I only downloaded evCG.pak, so that's what I'll use.

Then run PakDecomp.exe and click the first button

7V0c0JV.jpg

Your folder of the same name should then appear after it's finished doing it's thing.

aYm1xpK.jpg

Tadaaaa!

ebjGyH2.jpg

You want to extract to contents of the .pak files in Symphonic Rain? If so I think I got it.

I don't have Symphonic Rain right now, but I just downloaded a few of it's files for a little bit of testing.

Kogado_pak_amlist.zip

For the .pak files in Symphonic Rain, download and unzip

Then inside that there is PakDecomp.zip, go ahead and unzip that.

Place the .pak file in the folder with PacDecomp.exe. I only downloaded evCG.pak, so that's what I'll use.

Then run PakDecomp.exe and click the first button

7V0c0JV.jpg

Your folder of the same name should then appear after it's finishes doing it's thing.

aYm1xpK.jpg

Tadaaaa!

ebjGyH2.jpg

You know you make me look like an idiot right ? ;_;

So asmodean's exoozoarc tool can be used in place of ExtractData to extract stuff from the .arc files of If My Heart Had Wings, and it works with those three files that ExtractData can't handle. You can also check that page to see what other games it's known to work with.

Download exoozoarc.zip and unzip it

Make a new folder

put exoozoarc.exe and the .arc file in the folder

Drag and drop the .arc file over exoozoarc.exe

As for what those three files contained:

Script.arc - .LUA files

Rio.arc - .WS2 files

Effect.arc - .FX files

I have been slacking off my work on this thread this week
SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY 

_.(´□`」 ∠):_ 

I'll get back to work

I've tested the tools for extracting arc*.nsa files on the tweaked versions of Umineko and Umineko Chiru (with PS3 sprites, etc). They don't seem to work. The program encounters an issue early in the extraction process and only a few bgm pics are extracted.

So it seems to work fine only for the original versions.

So asmodean's exoozoarc tool can be used in place of ExtractData to extract stuff from the .arc files of If My Heart Had Wings, and it works with those three files that ExtractData can't handle. You can also check that page to see what other games it's known to work with.

Download exoozoarc.zip and unzip it

Make a new folder

put exoozoarc.exe and the .arc file in the folder

Drag and drop the .arc file over exoozoarc.exe

As for what those three files contained:

Script.arc - .LUA files

Rio.arc - .WS2 files

Effect.arc - .FX files

Yeah I go on his page quite often.

I'm not successful very often and most of the time I have no way to check if his apps work

When I look for something it's the first place I check usually.

I've tested the tools for extracting arc*.nsa files on the tweaked versions of Umineko and Umineko Chiru (with PS3 sprites, etc). They don't seem to work. The program encounters an issue early in the extraction process and only a few bgm pics are extracted.

So it seems to work fine only for the original versions.

Noted

AE's (AnimED) maintainer here. Please refrain from posting direct links to files. Like I said on the homepage, they are deleted and replaced with newer versions from time to time, so your users will eventually get 404 errors.

Next, please do not run AE under Japanese locale!! Like any non-unicode Delphi VCL application, it was only designed to run under either western or cyrillic-based locale, hence the application is rendered with wrong font proportions and distorted interface when you're doing that. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to fix this, even if I'll swap the development to more recent Delphi version.

If you have problems or noticed any bugs, feel free to report them to my issue tracker at github.

:)

Another generic tool which wasn't mentioned here is arc_conv by w8m. Since r56 it's distributed as Open Source. Note it was written in NASM, so making changes to the codebase is nearly impossible, unless you have a deep Assembly knowledge. The distribution is password-protected, please read the ReadMe first to obtain it.

Well noted.

Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the help :)

Would the screenshot I posted show any examples of the said interface render issues ?

I was still using Jap Locale when launching it but didn't entcounter any particular issues.

I'll add the issue tracker link, change the direct link as you suggested and the arc_conv tool when I can.

Thanks again :)

Would the screenshot I posted show any examples of the said interface render issues ?

Yes. The proper GUI should be rendered like this:

arc_tool.png

Oh, and by the way, you can get the textual list of supported formats by switching to "Console" tab and typing in "d:arc" command (without quotes). :)

Edited by dsp2003

Regarding arc_conv :

The r54 is fairly easy to use but the r55 one I'm a little unfamiliar with.

Should I simply extact r55 in the r54 directory ?

Nope. You'll have to compile it first. By running the build.bat, you'll get:

* in arc_conv directory:

+ arc_conv.exe

+ arc_conv.dat

text_conv.exe is compiled separately - simply go to text_conv directory and run compile.bat.

But before compiling, you'll need to get r56 update and overwrite "include" directory to enable support for more Littlewitch games.

Also, you'll need to download the latest repipack_filelist. It's mandatory for extraction of Littlewitch games, because their archives only contain md5 hash of filename, which is also used as encryption for the beginning of files. Without the list you won't be able to extract and decode them.

In the result, your directory tree should look like this:

+ arc_conv.exe

+ arc_conv.dat

+ repipack.txt

+ text_conv.exe

Edit: Uploaded arc_conv source in finalized state here:

https://github.com/dsp2003/arc_conv/archive/master.zip

Simply run build.bat, hit spacebar two times and you'll get ready-to-use build of arc_conv. Have fun. :)