MotM Returning, Tay's Return, and More

Hello everybody,

I'm grateful to be back! It's been a long few weeks -- I appreciate your patience as I've been gone. The staff has done a great job, we've continued to grow at an exciting rate, and I'd like to thank Steve, especially, for holding things together. Fuwanovel is lucky to have him. I hope we can all drop him a PM or email with our thanks.

I’m here to announce that the Member of the Month feature will soon be returning to Fuwanovel! May/June's MotM will be Down (he was short-changed the first time, too, so at least this way he gets a least a cumulative month of MotM powers). I hope that the community will accept the return of this feature, and celebrate Down and all he does for us, next month.

More changes are coming in the near future. The staff has been hard at work for a few weeks discussing how to maintain our friendly atmosphere as we continue to grow, and we’re getting close to some important policy updates which will streamline moderators’ workloads. Another project: while I don’t have a lot of free time, I am working on some back-end improvements which will hopefully give you greater control over followed topics, the “New Content” section, and more. I’ll be posting as features go live/are tested.

One more thing (which Kaguya reminded me of today) deserves a word. I haven't given out updates in a while (Because A. I’ve been gone; and B. Because the work is coming along slowly, but surely), but the Introduction to Visual Novels Kit is still being worked on, and is progressing nicely. Don’t forget about it, but don’t expect it next week, either – we’re taking our time and making sure it’s a quality production.

Lastly, I’d like to share a thought which comes with >2 years of admin experience. Fuwanovel is growing faster than ever. The forums are more active than ever. Our social media base has grown dynamically. Things are going in a positive direction. That said, emotional states are cyclical, and now and then, because we’re human, we lose focus and we can’t see the forest behind all the trees. We feel stagnant. We feel like the community is going to the dogs. Let me be a voice of confidence to the entire community: we’re doing well – better than ever – and our best months and years are still ahead. If you’re feeling stagnant or tired, raise a voice – we try to run Fuwanovel “by the best ideas”. 

Don’t get discouraged. We’re doing well. If you’re feeling stagnation, the best thing to do is grow. USE this improvement board and put forward ideas. Make a gameplan and make them happen. 

It’s good to be back. I’ll be posting updates to all the above soon.
Tay

Oh! Great to see you Tay, I missed your charisma.

As for the project request, wouldn't it be good to have a youtube account? You know like that video introduction to VN you made, but with more things. Podcasts, reviews, news, and that one activity you did on Skype whose name I don't seem to recall. As fuwan has grown isn't it a good idea to make use of it and bring it to youtube where a lot of young otaku wander?

Edited by Yukiru

Welcome back Tay ! It's great to have you back !

However if I recall correctly Down did get a full month. It's Steve's who got cut.

Oh and what is the Intro to Visual Novels Kit ? 

Welcome back Tay! :) I'm pretty interested to see how these ideas are going to play out. Anyway, just a suggestion but is it possible for people to have forum skins or something of that sort?

Glad to have you back. Good to see vn starter kit isn't dropped, it's possibly the most interesting project so far (I'll leave you to fill the people who weren't there for that stream / skype convo.)

A fuwa yt channel sounds interesting - I know we used/still have an account on twitch. Prolly best to start a new thread for it.